Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

this probably fits better in the confessions thread so mods feel free to move this but it kinda fits with this topic

i have absolutely zero idea how to drive and i don't really care because driving terrifies me and the US really needs to change on how they deal with it :true:

it definitely needs to be normalized

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i feel like we should normalize not driving/not have your license/not wanting to drive, i'm an adult but i don't know how to drive yet, but it's not my top priority, i can get by easily without driving my own car, and honestly, driving sounds kinda scary :bebe: i'd be so worried that i would get into an accident

I just got a license but I can't drive without a family member legally for 2 years cause my car is too big. I honestly don't mind. Cars aren't a necessity where I live and I love walking. I only need it when it's rainy and cold and ai need to be somewhere. I'm also kinda scared of accidents or running over someone, but the dumbest people I know didn't do that.. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

14 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i feel like we should normalize not driving/not have your license/not wanting to drive, i'm an adult but i don't know how to drive yet, but it's not my top priority, i can get by easily without driving my own car, and honestly, driving sounds kinda scary :bebe: i'd be so worried that i would get into an accident

i have driving license for 4 years and i never drove lol. if i watch somebody driving, honestly i don't know how i pass the exam. vision of accident, killing someone is for me like:bebe:

i rather drive with someone or if alone driving in train

Get Free is that song that I just don’t get. Every Lana fan seems to love it and think it’s one of the best tracks from LFL, but I just can’t get into it and haven’t been able to since day 1. It’s not bad, I just don’t vibe with it. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Spoiler

paradise shouldn’t exist. tropico/ride was filled with cultural appropriation, and the entire era is so problematic. ride isn’t a good song, and i stand by that. the music video is horrible and it’s undertones of indigenous appropriation is so not progressive. im blasting her for that. half the EP is not good. i feel the other half should be in a different EP with other material. 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

31 minutes ago, jamesss said:
  Reveal hidden contents

paradise shouldn’t exist. tropico/ride was filled with cultural appropriation, and the entire era is so problematic. ride isn’t a good song, and i stand by that. the music video is horrible and it’s undertones of indigenous appropriation is so not progressive. im blasting her for that. half the EP is not good. i feel the other half should be in a different EP with other material. 

my unpopular opinion is that it's pointless to blast somebody for something they did 10 years ago when the social climate was different (although i recognize that it was still considered controversial when it came out) and just because something may not be "progressive" doesn't mean we can't enjoy it or appreciate the art anyway

WGe8ynS.gif

9 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

my unpopular opinion is that it's pointless to blast somebody for something they did 10 years ago when the social climate was different (although i recognize that it was still considered controversial when it came out) and just because something may not be "progressive" doesn't mean we can't enjoy it or appreciate the art anyway

oooh this is a tricky but yeah I think paradise was a little rushed- every song is god tier except bel air and American which are just there…I find them really flat and oddly tacked on.

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

oooh this is a tricky but yeah I think paradise was a little rushed- every song is god tier except bel air and American which are just there…I find them really flat and oddly tacked on.

oh, no, bel air and american are great, i think the only track that paradise could've done without is the rework of yayo, the lizzy grant version is 10x better, but i'm sure she just really loves that song so she wanted to record a version of it that fits the "lana del rey" sound (which doesn't work for yayo, it fits the folksy eerie vibe of the lizzy era way better)

WGe8ynS.gif

21 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

plus she’s been VERY vocal about how she feels bad about it and has been making contributions to Native American communities since at least NFR

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

oh, no, bel air and american are great, i think the only track that paradise could've done without is the rework of yayo, the lizzy grant version is 10x better, but i'm sure she just really loves that song so she wanted to record a version of it that fits the "lana del rey" sound (which doesn't work for yayo, it fits the folksy eerie vibe of the lizzy era way better)

Yayo is still a great song, if you don't know the other versions.

I actually like Paradise more than some other albums because first of all it doesn't have a weak song and secondly it's not such a long epic, but still entertaining and varied. She should make more shorter albums. It doesn't take many songs to get the idea of an album, but if there are too many, the direction might become unclear.

Unpopular opinion warning

I FUCKING LOVE LOLITA AND IDC HOW PROBLEMATIC IT IS ITS A WHOLE ASS BOP ALRIGHT? I also think that old money is a great song and we should talk about it more. Also I want another album in the style of the trio interlude and l4l 

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

23 minutes ago, williamprb said:

Unpopular opinion warning

I also think that old money is a great song and we should talk about it more. 

PERIIIOOOD:gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 hours ago, jamesss said:
  Hide contents

i think we as people should judge people by their actions going forward and by their current actions. yes there were problematic aspects of that era but she hasn’t done any of the same stuff going forward (to my knowledge).

i do respect your opinion though, i struggle with this concept of judging artists by their current actions myself.

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

i really dislike the white dress music video, there are good parts but as a whole i just don’t enjoy it  

:blush3:

I feel like it would've turned out a lot better if Lana hadn't broken her arm and if the portion with the girls in the masks had been cut (or a bit more of the roller skating waitress plotline had been added). I think it's probably Lana's most boring professionally-shot video, though 

imageproxy.jpg

24 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I feel like it would've turned out a lot better if Lana hadn't broken her arm and if the portion with the girls in the masks had been cut (or a bit more of the roller skating waitress plotline had been added). I think it's probably Lana's most boring professionally-shot video, though 

right!! the original concept was probably great …. but i assume once she hurt her arm they had to improvise because all the preparations were made for shooting a video and they didn’t want to waste money or something like that

sUcVobB.png

While I really like the music video for White Dress, I think her worst video was for Mariners Apartment Complex. A total failure, just a few scenes from the HIAB video mixed with ocean scenes, I was so disappointed when I first saw it. :bebe:

To me her worst music video is the NFR triple monster. I like a few scences,  e.g when they are meditating and Bambi shows up , that was so cute but yeah she did Bartender really dirty. It deserved better than footage of throwing sandwiches at a cop and it all kinda feels like she got a free trial for an editing app & tested out every special effect possible:bebe:

Regarding White Dress music video,  it's cute and it makes me want to roller skate , really love the motive they choose but as someone said already on here it would have been  better if she didn't had a broken arm ( not blaming her, things like that can happen ) and I think they did the best they can despite the circumstances. 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: