Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

5 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

my unpopular opinion is that it's pointless to blast somebody for something they did 10 years ago when the social climate was different (although i recognize that it was still considered controversial when it came out) and just because something may not be "progressive" doesn't mean we can't enjoy it or appreciate the art anyway

i was going to mention that tbh. everyone wore headdresses and clothing that was really culturally ignorant, and kind of offensive. although i don't think its okay for anyone to do that, I'm glad she realizes that now because she was blasted already. i stand by ride not being a good song. imo its just weird.

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

Just now, jamesss said:

i was going to mention that tbh. everyone wore headdresses and clothing that was really culturally ignorant, and kind of offensive. although i don't think its okay for anyone to do that, I'm glad she realizes that now because she was blasted already. i stand by ride not being a good song. imo its just weird.

at least we can say that this is GENIUNELY unpopular... :bebe: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

at least we can say that this is GENIUNELY unpopular... :bebe: 

if only i posted to the unpopular opinions thread:trisha: babes i said imo!!! in my!! opinion!! its seriously not that deep though because like everyone has controversial opinions and i feel like we need to normalize thinking for ourselves. its not like I'm denouncing it i just think its weird!!

Just now, jamesss said:

if only i posted to the unpopular opinions thread:trisha: babes i said imo!!! in my!! opinion!! its seriously not that deep though because like everyone has controversial opinions and i feel like we need to normalize thinking for ourselves. its not like I'm denouncing it i just think its weird!!

well, here's mine:

i don't often feel like listening to shades of cool :bebe: i do really like it, but i hardly ever feel myself wanting to listen to it :bebe: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

3 hours ago, letterblue said:

i think we as people should judge people by their actions going forward and by their current actions. yes there were problematic aspects of that era but she hasn’t done any of the same stuff going forward (to my knowledge).

i do respect your opinion though, i struggle with this concept of judging artists by their current actions myself.

exactly that's what I'm saying, she definitely understands its not okay now,  but we've progressed a lot in ten years and i don't have the right to just like, hold it against her 

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

well, here's mine:

i don't often feel like listening to shades of cool :bebe: i do really like it, but i hardly ever feel myself wanting to listen to it :bebe: 

how dare you have your own rational, logical opinion:hawt: but no i agree like i haven't listened to it in like month or so and i don't plan too<3 it holds a place in my heart though always

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

well, here's mine:

same i didn't rly listen to it for what seemed like years but what revived it for me a bit was noticing this yr what she says in the bridge "hot, hot weather in the summer / high, high neglectful lover" </3 discovering new details in her songs is one of the best things ever

mUENGN9.png

Ultraviolence is possibly my favorite record sonically but probably my least favorite lyrically…..:xgiggle:

edit: I’m scared of posting this but it’s too late:bebe:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

On 11/29/2022 at 2:01 AM, Surf Noir said:

well, here's mine:

I hardly ever listen to UV (album) in general although it's my favorite.

Because UV is very heavy and sad and sort of chaotic and nowadays, I'm rarely in the mood for that, thankfully.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

On 11/29/2022 at 2:01 AM, Surf Noir said:

well, here's mine:

I feel like that about my favorite Lana songs too. I don't want to listen to her slow songs when I'm doing something that requires energy like doing chores, rushing somewhere or similar. I also avoid them when I'm feeling remotely sleepy because songs like Honeymoon can send me to an Italian town for 2 mins instead of keeping me awake. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

My unpopular opinion is that Million Dollar Man is absolutely one of her best songs ever and probably one of my favorites ever.

It has aged like the most fine wine and it truly deserved to be a single and have a beautiful music video. It's a shame she doesn't sing it live anymore and the general public seems to never talk about it. 

Also I used to cry a lot listening to it when I was a freshman in high school. I fell deeply in love with a senior, but we never even were friends, it was just a platonic thing that consumed me for, like, 2 years lol.

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

dont kill me for this but... I don't think Dealer is that good. It is good! But overrated imo. I do listen to it quite regularly tho :cuteface: 

The first time I listened to it I was actually.... underwhelmed.:eek2: I thought, based on the way you guys described it that it would be like 20 times MORE screamy and angry (not like death metal kind of screamy but ya know), and when the song ended I thought "that was it?"💀

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Ride is the worst song from Paradise :eek:

Like I love it when I listen to it and I rarely skip it but I never have the urge to play that one unless I put the whole album on... and I don't know why cause I truly enjoy it when it plays 

I really used to love Ride… but can’t remember the last time I listened to it in recent months and I surely didn’t connect with it 

My all-time unpopular opinion will probably be that I really love Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood :bebe:

and that most of the unreleased demos / songs,

well I get why they never were on an album 

2 hours ago, 13beachess said:

dont kill me for this but... I don't think Dealer is that good. It is good! But overrated imo. I do listen to it quite regularly tho :cuteface: 

The first time I listened to it I was actually.... underwhelmed.:eek2: I thought, based on the way you guys described it that it would be like 20 times MORE screamy and angry (not like death metal kind of screamy but ya know), and when the song ended I thought "that was it?"💀

That's it, I think the same way

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Genuinely feel so sorry for y’all that don’t understand Dealer 

Music to watch boys to is one of her worst songs btw <3 I’ve listened to don’t let me fart more and that’s saying something

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

6 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

Genuinely feel so sorry for y’all that don’t understand Dealer 

Music to watch boys to is one of her worst songs btw <3 I’ve listened to don’t let me fart more and that’s saying something

I'm at a stage now where I can say I'm really sorry if someone doesn't understand any of Lana's songs. :true: