Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Counting Violets as an album is dumb. Idc if Lana does it or not, I refuse. It’s not a musical album so I’m not including it as part of a musician’s discography - just like I wouldn’t count a musical album in a poet’s body of work. It’s a side passion, emphasis on side

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

On 11/29/2022 at 10:01 AM, Surf Noir said:

well, here's mine:

i don't often feel like listening to shades of cool :bebe: i do really like it, but i hardly ever feel myself wanting to listen to it :bebe: 

I think mine is Cruel World, absolutely love the song but I'm never pulled to listen to it :hoe:

On 12/1/2022 at 4:27 AM, Party Favor said:

Genuinely feel so sorry for y’all that don’t understand Dealer 

Music to watch boys to is one of her worst songs btw <3 I’ve listened to don’t let me fart more and that’s saying something

I guess we all have our pros and cons </3

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

Counting Violets as an album is dumb. Idc if Lana does it or not, I refuse. It’s not a musical album so I’m not including it as part of a musician’s discography - just like I wouldn’t count a musical album in a poet’s body of work. It’s a side passion, emphasis on side

but she's a singer-songerwriter, poetry is the core of her songs, not just a side passion

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

but she's a singer-songerwriter, poetry is the core of her songs, not just a side passion

But if I wanna listen to music I don't pick Violet. It's not music, so it's not part of Lana's musical discography. I also don't count it.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

but she's a singer-songwriter, poetry is the core of her songs, not just a side passion

Poetry and songwriting are different crafts. Just because you can write a beautiful poem does not mean you can write song lyrics and vice versa. If she writes a book of short stories, are we going to count that as a LDR album because writing is the core of her songs? Nope

Sorry if this sounds bitchy. I don't mean for it to come across like that :kiss:

Edited by Tropico Angel

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

1 hour ago, BlueINK said:

But if I wanna listen to music I don't pick Violet. It's not music, so it's not part of Lana's musical discography. I also don't count it.

But it's also nice to listen to. The audio version has atmospheric background instruments. It's not the same as a music album, but it's not that far from it either.

I think Terrence Loves You is Lana's magnum opus. Yes, even better than West Coast, Venice Bitch, and Video Games, or whatever your favorite Lana song is.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Map of LA said:

I think Terrence Loves You is Lana's magnum opus. Yes, even better than West Coast, Venice Bitch, and Video Games, or whatever your favorite Lana song is.

Points were made :true:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

27 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

what if Terrence Loves You is my favorite Lana song, then what? :ma:

and yes it's actually my favorite lana song (along with raise me up)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, fine china said:

Points were made :true:

What a masterpiece of songwriting.  

But I lost myself when I lost you
But I still got jazz when I've got those blues
And I lost myself when I lost you
And I still get trashed, darling, when I hear your tunes

:oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

17 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

ik this is the unpopular opinion thread so i’m not coming for your unpopular opinion but 😭 i wouldn’t say that lana’s poetry is a side project; if anything it’s her true passion project because she’s always said that she considers herself to be a poet before a musician, before a songwriter, before a performer, etc etc. she’s a poet first in her own eyes and within the context of her own art

while i’m here. Video Games is one of lana’s most boring and uninterested songs. it’s cool that it’s what made her breakthrough, but i think the reason for that is that any other talented artist could write and sing Video Games, it doesn’t really stand out. in my opinion it’s the only songs in her discography that someone else could pull off, maybe Love Song too. i forget that it exists sometimes and i’m pretty sure i’ve skipped it every time i’ve listened to Born to Die for the last 5 or 6 years

violet is one of my favorite lana projects, but it's not an album and i don't know why people consider it to be an album when it's not even on streaming

and yes not every album needs to be on streaming to be considered an album (that's dumb of course) but considering when it was released, who released it & the way it was promoted and it STILL not being on streaming tells me that's not really an album but an audiobook :xgiggle:

if lana considers it to be an album that's fine but that doesn't MAKE it an album - she can't retcon it to be an album whether she likes it or not (unless it gets put on streaming then we can talk) :xgiggle:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

28 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

What a masterpiece of songwriting.  

But I lost myself when I lost you
But I still got jazz when I've got those blues
And I lost myself when I lost you
And I still get trashed, darling, when I hear your tunes

:oprah:

I put the radio on, hold you tight in my mind

Isn’t strange that you’re not here with me

I’m putting all the lights on in the television 

I’m trying to transmit, can you hear me?

:xcry:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

People that act as if lyrical repetition is weak/subpar songwriting, but consider the wordy-mouthful-spoken-unmelodic lyrics better/superior songwriting just because it's more developed or "cultivated" are pretentious as fuck.

English isn't my native language, and while I definitely have an appreciation for the beauty/meaning in Lana's lyricism, for me it's all about the delivery and how well it mesh with the melody.

I couldn't care less that Ultraviolence (the album) has so-called repetitive lyrics—it's still meaningful and the delivery is impeccable and impactful. It gives so much oomph so the songs, and complements the melodies so well. On some other album, the delivery just isn't as nice and while the lyrics are somewhat thoughtful, it just has no vibe, the delivery/singing style is off and as a listener it just bores me.

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

People that act as if lyrical repetition is weak/subpar songwriting, but consider the wordy-mouthful-spoken-unmelodic lyrics better/superior songwriting are pretentious as fuck. English isn't my native language, and while I definitely have an appreciation for the beauty/meaning in Lana's lyricism, for me it's all about the delivery and melody.

I couldn't care less that Ultraviolence (the album) has so-called repetitive lyrics—it's still meaningful and the delivery. It's impeccable and it gives so much oomph so the songs, and complements the melodies so well. On some other album, the delivery just isn't as nice and while the lyrics are somewhat thoughtful, it just has no vibe, rhe delivery/singing style is off and as a listener it just bores me.

i don't think repetition is automatically a bad thing, majority of songs have some sort of repetition because that gives them a groove/melody and our brains like repetition, it just makes sense for songs to have repetition of any kind, i don't think the repetitive choruses of the ultraviolence album takes away from the beauty and artfulness of the tracks

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!