Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

13 hours ago, This Feeling said:

The long song titles gotta fuckin go! It was cute for those LFL tracks and Hope but I'm over it. The new single could just be called Under Ocean BoulevardΒ 

Right,Β or alternately like "Ocean Boulevard"
Β 

Even "There's aΒ Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard" sounded way better without the "Did You Know That".

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

6 hours ago, honey dew said:

I go from White Dress to Chemtrails then straight to Blue Banisters..

ME!

12 hours ago, the ocean said:

less unpopular & more controversial

i HATE fake insiders so much it's starting to be irrational

i hate lies i hate liars and i hate people that willingly believe liars

it's not fun anymore it's just incredibly annoying now and i don't know why a lot of people on this forum insist on going with it

Β 

The ones who willingly believe are just picking what they wish to be true or want to insert some drama in their boring lies.Β 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeΒ 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

i don't like most of her new music but i don't care as long as it makes her happyΒ :pray2:

Β 

at this point in her career she has no reason to work for anyone else other than her own personal fulfillmentΒ 

Β 157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

On 12/4/2022 at 12:14 AM, Map of LA said:

I think Terrence Loves You is Lana's magnum opus

Β 

if there's only ONE thing that's TRUE in this universe... it's this yesΒ :true::trisha:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Β 

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/IsΒ This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

23 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

i don't like most of her new music but i don't care as long as it makes her happyΒ :pray2:

Β 

at this point in her career she has no reason to work for anyone else other than her own personal fulfillmentΒ 

Β 

I feel the same for her new music but I still respect her. She releases what she feels like creating and it's her choice. I find it much better than the annoying trend this year of recycling already classic hits as an easy way to make a hit (I'm Good (Blue), Super Freaky Girl, Staying Alive by Dj Khaled etc). Also, teens are discovering BTD, UV and others, which are almost 10 years old and I listening to it as if it was released an year ago. You don't see that often, so many trends have changed and the majority of decades old hits are only listened to for the sake of nostalgia or as a time capsule of that time.Β 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeΒ 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I would agree with opinions that say Ocean Blvd Tunnel is one of her weakest title-tracks musically, because it's most in the vein of repeating the past that I've ever seen from her (i.e., repeating recent released work; repeating unreleased/leaks I actually don't mind). She still sings it, has decent production, and the lyrics are quintessentially hers, so I don't loathe the song, and my estimation from first listening has gone up some with further listening.Β 

Β 

It's the lyrics that are most noticeable on first listening and (goodly) weird. Comparing herself to some forgotten built over architecture resonates (for me) to all those horror scenarios where monsters, mutants, or whatever happen to live (unbeknownst) to the general public in the submerged realm. That probably wasn't her intention (although "fuck me to death", while pretty iconic, is sort of horrific too). Β It's also curious that the title track and lead promo is so introspective, given an upcoming album with so many features. This is the opposite of what she did for Lust for Life. Ought to be interesting (and I hope it exceeds Lust for Life in temporal length).

Ocean Boulevard was a weak title track

Β 

The strings were nice but they weren't strong enough. Her voice was yet again quite dreary and 'meh'. I don't mind that type of singing but I feel like it's getting old. I'm not expecting her to belt or anything but just something with a change of pace. I can't really pinpoint any time throughout the song where I was like 'whoa this is so good!'. Also the ending was a bit strange with the choir. The lyrics weren't bad though

Β 

Overall, I've never been a fan of her first singles, so I expect better songs once we get the album in full. I'm still optimistic that we're going to be amazedΒ 

β™‘Β Β standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenΒ β™‘

I love WCE and I wouldn't have minded if she used it for her album instead of Euphoria.

Β 

Obviously now that it's out it has no reason to be on the album and I prefer it that way cause more space for new songsΒ :hype:Β but sonically I love it and it has a similar vibe to the title trackΒ 

giphy.gif

I'm so sad she's certainly going to put a pastor with homophobic views on her album.

Β 

I mean, we already knew she goes to Hillsong so it shouldn't be as surprising she's capable of lettingΒ somethings pass

Β 

I guess I'll just block the trackΒ on Spotify and enjoy the rest of the songs:noparty:Β I don't want to give any money to this guy

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Did You Know That...is weak. Nothing new nothing changed same old shit. I mean it's not bad by any means, but it's just another pretty Lana number...I know the album tracks will punch though. Since it's being released in March we'll probably get 1-2 more songs before release. I hope she does music videos....would be a shame if she didn't.

COCC feels longer than it is, but it's sonically stuck to me, making listening difficult.

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7