Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

10 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

People wanting Say Yes to Heaven officially released. Why? There's 5 versions of it and you can hear them all on Youtube and download it. Do we really need a Blue Banisters 2 album with some of the songs we heard or all new songs? I prefer all new songs. :true:

this!! i dont understand what people find SO hard about using soundcloud or youtube to listen to music.. 

also why cant they just let the woman make new music instead of hanging  on her older unreleased stuff,  which isnt nearly as good

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

last fm 

soundcloud

2 hours ago, bambi eyes said:

this!! i dont understand what people find SO hard about using soundcloud or youtube to listen to music.. 

also why cant they just let the woman make new music instead of hanging  on her older unreleased stuff,  which isnt nearly as good

I just find download links and put them in my iTunes Library - since I use Apple Music, this automatically syncs to my phone which makes for more convenient listening. This is probably the best way to store her unreleased content since Spotify doesn’t allow this to my knowledge. I believe it will sync even if you don’t use Apple Music tho - just need iTunes on your computer and your iPhone. 

8 hours ago, yayogirl said:

I understand the people who dislike Lana.

When I was 9 I first heard yayo and didn't understand it so I just mindlessly listened since English is not my first language. I learned about Lana first and then started really listening to her music, like really listened and really understood. I saw in her every woman I've known, my mother, myself, really saw her through her stories and her music. I felt her. Fast forward to high school and I engaged in my first "Lana del Rey is a basic bitch and she makes pulp pop etc etc". I was so confused because all I knew was the parasocial relationship I had with her for years. I've thought about it since and I see it so clearly. Unless you know exactly why she wrote "I talk to Jesus" it would just sound like a joke. And that's exactly why songs like "Summertime sadness" and "Young and beautiful" are famous for kinda the wrong interpretation. It absolutely does not excuse the hate she gets for no reason but I hope it makes what I'm saying. 

this is an interesting take that i haven’t thought of before, but i agree. a handful of her lyrics have an on the surface, basic meaning. however, that obvious meaning isn’t why she wrote it, only lana fans (mainly hardcore) would really get it. my aunt doesn’t like lana because “she has no talent.” when she told me that it made me angry because she is incredibly creative and her writing really isn’t basic . her voice isn’t either, and the aesthetic she creates with each album is unique. but yes, i do understand even if i don’t agree haha. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

12 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

i really dont like the aesthetics of nfr... not really nfr but the ocean theme in music in general... and beachy music nfr is... i still genuinely dont see what genius people could see in it, what made them think its better than her 2014-2016 period, tell me what should i pay attention on cuz i listened to the album 4 times just to make sure its not bad experience of the 1st listen and it got more boring with every time, these instrumentals goes nowhere, lyrics are good but not her best, and i cant understand what people can hear there to decide its better than UV or HM (im not this kind of person whos rooting for the comeback of old lana i just mean that bb or chemtrails not impressed others as nfr did and i think that this record personally is overrated as fuck) 

I still think to an extent that seeing her finally get some well-deserved critical acclaim has influenced some people’s opinion on the album; maybe some people weren’t as burnt as other by her teasing snippets for a year and then going radio silent before actually releasing the thing. There are a couple very nice moments on it but not much of the album stands out among the rest of her discography in terms of writing, and the production/mixing is rather lackluster at moments

whatarecoloris.jpg

12 minutes ago, shadesofcrazyforyou said:

I still think to an extent that seeing her finally get some well-deserved critical acclaim has influenced some people’s opinion on the album; maybe some people weren’t as burnt as other by her teasing snippets for a year and then going radio silent before actually releasing the thing. There are a couple very nice moments on it but not much of the album stands out among the rest of her discography in terms of writing, and the production/mixing is rather lackluster at moments

yeah i thought about this critics thing but i thought it would work on casual fans - but really many of her hardcore fans since even uv-hm times think nfr is standing out, i also think this long tease worked also not in a very good way for me but... like really, it isnt anywhere to be stand out for me, its just.... general? i really can mark all nowels tracks (not ugly tnbar rework), hope (as my no. 1 from nfr!) and mariners apartment complex which is so soft and warm track and fuck it i love u which i liked from the 4th time, but thats it:derpna:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

dunno how unpopular this is or not but I'd really like another collab with A$AP :defeated:I mean.... Summer Bummer.... Ridin'.... Groupie Love... the National Anthem MV.... :defeated: damn we got lucky.
I wonder if they're still friends.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

idc, hate me for saying it but her piano ballads are usually snoozes that I skip and have no natural desire to come back to. Beautiful is perhaps the worst offender on BB but I also skip Cherry Blossom, Sweet Carolina, VFR, Arcadia and Blue Banisters :crossed: they’re boring sorry. Just MY opinion. Give me something with a pulse mother! 

I like the title track for Did You Know.. but I personally need the rest of the album to have more variety (louder drums, guitars, prominent bass, etc.) 

unpopular opinion, but the most offensive piano song in her released catalog remains Happiness is a Butterfly. I like the track a lot for some weird reason, but that actually sounds cheap at some points. At least there are some interesting things going on with Beautiful :rip: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

13 minutes ago, White Dress said:

idc, hate me for saying it but her piano ballads are usually snoozes that I skip and have no natural desire to come back to. Beautiful is perhaps the worst offender on BB but I also skip Cherry Blossom, Sweet Carolina, VFR, Arcadia and Blue Banisters :crossed: they’re boring sorry. Just MY opinion. Give me something with a pulse mother! 

I like the title track for Did You Know.. but I personally need the rest of the album to have more variety (louder drums, guitars, prominent bass, etc.) 

I can't with Beutiful.
The lyrics sound like she's at her lowest point of inspiration. It sounds like she just wants to prove that she knows what Picasso's blue period is, and it sounds extremely cheesy. So cheesy that, if she had chosen Van Gogh to reference, I would have aborted the album right there.
Beautifuuuuul liiiike you's melody is ear-splitting -- just like baby bluuue.
Lately she's gone overboard with piano ballads so much that my uncle asked her if that's all she does. 

13 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

I can't with Beutiful.
The lyrics sound like she's at her lowest point of inspiration. It sounds like she just wants to prove that she knows what Picasso's blue period is, and it sounds extremely cheesy. So cheesy that, if she had chosen Van Gogh to reference, I would have aborted the album right there.
Beautifuuuuul liiiike you's melody is ear-splitting -- just like baby bluuue.
Lately she's gone overboard with piano ballads so much that my uncle asked her if that's all she does. 

I'm always sad seeing people hate on Beautiful since it's my favorite track on Blue Banisters :((((

On 1/7/2023 at 3:47 AM, Unidentified Major Tom said:

I really like Don't let me be misunderstood, all versions especially those of Nina Simone, Santa Esmeralda and Lana of course.

I think it fits so well with her and her feelings.

It perfectly ends Honeymoon.

literally in her top three covers of all time. i love lana’s version :wub:

also even though i don’t care for majority of the song, the chorus of god save our young blood is amazing :bored:

7 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i prefer the NFR version of TNBAR over the demo, it’s just so cute and innocent and pure :wub: i just wanna party with u!!!! we play the eagles down in maaaaaalibuuuuu!!!

YESSSS

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm SO tired of Kill Kill... I guess I have overplayed it.  used to love i:noparty::cryney2: maybe I just need a big break from it to be able to appreciate it again

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy