Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 2/1/2023 at 7:45 PM, Florida Dark said:

i relistened to btd and idk what it is about them but some of the songs feel so unlike lana to me now even though before they sounded so quintessentially lana, especially dark paradise and summertime sadness

Agree. Feels more of a caricature of the person Lana is. But that album is definitely a classic now 

Those who get LMLYLAW get it, those who don't, don't

take you to infinity

let me love you like a woman

we could get lost in the purple rain

talk about the good ol' days

we could get high on some pink champagne

baby let me count the ways

:wowcry:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 hours ago, sexyslutboy said:

She's a 3-dimensional human being like anyone else. Your perception of her is constructed out of what she's made public, you don't actually know her, and I find it insanely presumptuous that you think you know her more than herself

I mean, no one really knows her except herself, but that's what I can infer from her song lyrics and posts. Her lyrics are sometimes a bit too superficial for me and not convincing enough to infer a deeper connection. That's not to say she's not a good songwriter, but I find some substance lacking at times.

I will forever be amazed at how even most fans (let alone haters) misunderstand the genius of what Lana achieved with 'The Other Woman'. From the sound design, which mimics AM radio - a sound so distinctive to those of us of a certain generation, that younger fans may not even have ever heard in their life, through to the way she switches the meaning of the song 180 degrees without changing a word, from the Nina Simone version, simply through her vocal expression. I can't even remember if I've posted this before, but I'll bang away about this until it's recognised (which will probably never happen).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

2 hours ago, Harry Nilsson said:

I mean, no one really knows her except herself, but that's what I can infer from her song lyrics and posts. Her lyrics are sometimes a bit too superficial for me and not convincing enough to infer a deeper connection. That's not to say she's not a good songwriter, but I find some substance lacking at times.

Give us examples of  deep lyrics 

10 hours ago, TRENCH said:

Give us examples of  deep lyrics 

It's easier to give examples where her song lyrics aren't very profound, for example in Arcadia where she compares fingertips to moving cars or wishes for a Hilton Hilton. I mean, these are also not poetic highlights anyway. 

Another opinion:

Ocean Blvd would be a perfect song without the "fuck me to death" line 

whenever this line comes up on this otherwise beautiful song I'm like :eek3:

This woman is the most heterosexual woman on earth, and that’s constantly being proven to us by the sewer rats she chooses to canoodle with. Anyone who is still waiting on her gay/bi era is delusional at this point. I’m sorry 😩

18 hours ago, Fingertips said:

take you to infinity

The first verse is my favorite. I love this song because I feel I sort of relate to it. I was born and raised in a small town, moved to a suburb in LA county early 2017, for some time in 2019 I wanted to move out somewhere else. 

I’ve been inactive on this forum and other fan communities for a while, so why is it most fans seem to dislike this song? Something I noticed. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

19 hours ago, Fingertips said:

take you to infinity

Exactly! It’s one of my favourite Lana songs for sure.. also the fact it was originally called pink champagne makes me think the bridge was originally the chorus (sort of how National Anthem was originally a bridge and how Lust for Life was originally a verse). 

so basically the demo of LMLYLAW is her best song ever :true:

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

6 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

Exactly! It’s one of my favourite Lana songs for sure.. also the fact it was originally called pink champagne makes me think the bridge was originally the chorus (sort of how National Anthem was originally a bridge and how Lust for Life was originally a verse). 

so basically the demo of LMLYLAW is her best song ever :true:

yeah the BOZ confirmed the bridge was a pre-chorus:defeated::oprah4::pray2: omg also ur rebranding:oprah4:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 hour ago, Chocolate Eyes said:

The first verse is my favorite. I love this song because I feel I sort of relate to it. I was born and raised in a small town, moved to a suburb in LA county early 2017, for some time in 2019 I wanted to move out somewhere else. 

I’ve been inactive on this forum and other fan communities for a while, so why is it most fans seem to dislike this song? Something I noticed. 

Exactly! Yeah, this is one of Lana's most disliked songs by the fans. I love it because it has such an amazing atmosphere and it makes me feel so warm

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 hours ago, daddyishere said:

This woman is the most heterosexual woman on earth, and that’s constantly being proven to us by the sewer rats she chooses to canoodle with. Anyone who is still waiting on her gay/bi era is delusional at this point. I’m sorry 😩

It’s so true :agree2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

20 hours ago, Harry Nilsson said:

Really girl?

"There's something in the water, I can taste it turning sour, it's bitter, I'm coughing, but now it's in my blood"

"Green is the planet from the eyes of a turtle dove, till it runs red, runs red with blood - we get so tired and we complain, bout how it's hard to live, it's more than just a video game...."

"And when I love him, get a feeling, something close to like a sugar rush, it runs through me - but is it wasted love? It's not wasted love...."

"I love you lots, despite the odds, you're killing me Joe, and all these thoughts brought us apart, and that's okay too"

"I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine"

She has plenty of substance wyd. 

14 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I can’t see any of work post NFR being considered iconic in the grand scheme of her legacy- NFR will be celebrated I think because it was her biggest “commercial singer songwriter” moment-despite the fact it feels off to me in authenticity.

I don't like NFR, but it didn't feel like it lacked authenticity to me. I just think that besides Venice Bitch, which is a career defining song by all means, the rest of the album felt wishy-washy sonically. Also, I'm kinda over people acting like longer/wordier lines are automatically better than short or repetitive ones in terms of songwriting. I'd rather hear Lana say she's a sad girl on a continuous loop, than hearing her say that she's got fucked so good she almost said "I love you", or sing about her babies on the tourlyfe.

I don't think any of her records lack authenticity, they just all belong in a very specific time and place in her life and her career as a singer songwriter--to the exception of Chemtrails and Blue Banisters who, by all means are good records, but they read more like half-albums or mixtapes. 

It is my belief that her first three records are her most iconique. Born to Die put her on the map, she cemented herself as a multifaceted and growing artist on Ultraviolence, and Honeymoon was her consecration.