Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

3 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Adam Lambert is certainly more experienced, exciting and forward than Lana Del Rey.

I'll repeat what I said, him being more experienced does NOT make him more exciting/interesting than her FACTUALLY. Like that's not an objective truth, that's literally an opinion.

Excitement is subjective. What excites me may not excite you, what I find interesting, you may find boring. You get what I'm saying? 

You can't say something is factually more exciting because nothing is — I mean, you CAN say it, but it's def wrong. Excitement can't ever be an objective thing bc it relies on one's pleasure and taste, and those won't ever be universal.

You're confusing personal opinion with my stance regarding social opinion.

Everything I'm talking about is what has been said about the artist separately.

I am attempting to shed light on how SOCIETY views the two artist.

SOCIETY labels Lana Del Rey as BORING, not myself.

(Again, I reiterate that this is what SOCIETY thinks when discussing Lana as an artist.)
If I wasn’t correct then she wouldn’t have felt the need to release a statement, defending her integrity and expressing her irritation with our over-sexualized society painting her as boring on her main Instagram page, @LanaDelRey

Lana is literally questioning the culture of our society and why certain acts are allowed and applauded.

0_Lana-Del-Rey.jpg

Lana was called racist for speaking her mind regarding the unfairness of the industry as well as how she is overlooked due to her lack of excitement.

Lana also mentioned that Doja Cat, Beyoncé, Cardi B and the rest of the artist listed are known to sing about repetitive topics regarding sex, drugs and sexual deviancy.

Lana admitted to engaging in similar acts too. 

In MY opinion, I believe Lana is right!

She deserves just as much recognition as these artist.

However, the society we live in doesn't think Lana Del Rey is as talented or exciting as Beyoncé.

Lana will never squander the attention of our fast-paced society with the sort of music she releases. 

Lana, in the eyes of society is thought of to be a one-trick pony, and because of this she will never be preferred over Beyonce, Cardi B and Doja Cat.

This has been proven by our society on various occasions.

Spotify, YouTube and Apple Music aren't hindering views in this instance. 

In comparison to skillset,

Adam is more experienced, entertaining, performative, refined and talented regarding vocal agility.

Adam Lambert is consistently compared to Freddie Mercury by society which is why Queen elected him to replace Freddie Mercury's leading role.  
Lana Del Rey doesn’t hold a candle to Freddie Mercury’s vocal abilities.

You’re all comparing two powerhouses to a lighthouse.

Lana Del Rey isn't the next Prince, Mariah Carey, Stevie Nicks or Freddie Mercury. She isn't a multi-dimensional at all and she's secure in that. 

Lana Del Rey doesn't create music for society to hear as she isn't interested in being compartmentalized. 

I feel bad for Lana because she's pressured to be sexy, to act suggestively, to pose naked and to show skin by the industry when she rather conduct herself in a conservative manner.

I also don't like how she was dragged for speaking her truth.

In conclusion,

It’s not my opinion that Adam is more exciting.  

Society would view Adam Lambert as wild, free, weird and eclectic. 

Although, Adam is more exciting and arousing than Lana Del Rey,
Lana is more popular. Lana's beauty, creativity and aesthetic are the brunt of her long-standing career. 

40 minutes ago, TrippieHippie said:

No, I didn’t I said others would view Lana and Adam as boring, socially. 
Lana fans calling Adam boring is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Lana is criticized for being boring, they’re already supporting someone who is thought of as boring in the first place. To call Adam boring is just a cop out. 

Oh btw, let me clarify

The phrase 'the pot calling the kettle black' is another way to say someone is pointing out the obvious

Not the analogy you're trying to make but nonetheless I can see what you're trying to say :agree: I think?

Edited by The Siren

32 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Not someone saying "Lana has no vocal range"....

When infact she has an extremely rare range spanning more than 3.5 octaves.

In comparison to Adam Lambert, she’s not vocally skilled. 

According to Vogue,

Adam Mitchel Lambert is an actor and singer-songwriter from San Diego, California, United States. He is known for his full-control three-octave (B2-B5) vocal range, expert vibrato and dynamic, piercing and robust belting and falsetto which allows him to stretch up to the fifth octave.  - https://thevogue.com/artists/adam-lambert/

Lana Del Rey's vocal range is approximately 3 octaves and minor third, spanning Bb2 – F#5 – C#6. What is Lana Del Rey's vocal fach or voice type? We consider Lana Del Rey to be a dugazon mezzo-soprano, an intermediate voice type between a mezzo-soprano and a soprano. 

https://thepopsmarts.com/vocal-range-and-profile-lana-del-rey/

In order for Lana’s voice to strengthen, she attended vocal lessons to expand her vocal range.

According to Tina Shafer, who was her vocal coach in 2012, Del Rey has a beautiful, deep speaking voice, and the songs that suit her best are in this speaking range. 

Lana Del Rey is a dugazon mezzo-soprano, an intermediate voice type between a mezzo-soprano and a soprano. Her lower register is not as robust as one would expect from a mezzo, but her timbre is darker than a soubrette or soprano. -

https://thepopsmarts.com/vocal-range-and-profile-lana-del-rey/

Cher Approved

33 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

@TrippieHippie no one denied that Adam has an extremely wide and beautiful voice. 

Its when you said "Lana has no vocal range"

Lana's vocal range is still rare for a woman, considering how low her voice can go-(vs Halsey - 2Octaves+2 notes, Taylor- 2 octaves 4 notes) And her voice has just gotten better and stronger in the last couple of years. I don't think the info in the website has been updated.

In comparison to Adam Lambert, 

Lana Del Rey is not vocally skilled and she doesn't exude much vocal range.

There are women in the music industry who have a wider vocal range than Lana Del Rey. 

Adam Lambert covered West Coast which is why we're discussing him in the first place. 

The website is accurate and matches the information in multiple vocal analyzation videos created by professional vocal coaches on YouTube. 

I love Lana Del Rey and I think she has a beautiful voice but she can't be compared to Adam Lambert nor his spiritual mentor, Freddie Mercury. 

I agree that women shouldn't be compared to men. Men are different and operate differently from a woman but that's a different discussion.

Let's talk about women in the music industry with a larger range than Lana Del Rey. 

1. Mariah Carey

With her 5-octave vocal range and her ability to reach notes in the 7th octave vocal range as well just go back, it should come as no surprise that Mariah is the top. She hits the highest, most ear-piercing note of all time, making anyone in the vicinity’s hair stand on end. This is known as whistle register. Do not try it at home.

2. Christina Aguilera
Known for her powerful belting, Christina’s vocal range spans four octaves. Yet what is even more impressive is her voice dexterity, allowing her to jump between the different parts of her range with ease. Listening to her light, feminine speaking voice and breathy low register, one would not expect it to take on the thick and weighty tone with a nasal sound, that is so characteristic of the singer’s style.

3. Hayley Williams (Paramore)

Both Hayley and her voice are known for their versatility. With her 4-octave range and a voice that possesses a beautiful mix of edginess and girly smoothness, it is hard not to love this singer. Her voice is well connected throughout all registers, with lower notes that are dark and well controlled, however, her strongest vocal asset can be heard as she ascends to her characteristic roaring, ear-splitting high notes. Hayley’s sharp tone as well as her excellent breath control - allowing her to head bang and both hold high notes for long - makes her one of today’s top live performers.

4. Celine Dion
You are certainly no stranger to Celine Dion’s sharp voice with the nasally quality that is distinctly hers. Her 5-octave vocal range and ability to even reach an E6, paired with the skill of projecting her voice in all registers, thus allowing it to pierce through the heaviest of instrumentations, has earned her a multitude of awards and sold out shows worldwide.

5. Beyoncé

The technical, trained singer has a 4-octave vocal range, which is one of the strongest in the music industry. Although unlike Mariah Carey, she doesn’t have the whistle register, her incredible vocal flexibility and dexterity more than make up for it. In addition, Beyoncé’s exceptional breath and core support means she can hold notes long and dance with little decline in vocal quality, which is a rare but great quality for live performances.

https://sopm.gg/5-female-living-singers-largest-vocal-range/

I don't like the majority of these artist, excluding Hayley Williams and Mariah Carey, However, we're analyzing vocal agility and it's clear that these women acquire a larger vocal range.

Vocal range of 2.5 to 3 octaves is common among professional singers.

Lana Del Rey's voice is stereotypical and average which is okay. 

I don't find Lana Del Rey problematic or boring but I'm not a stranger to the public opinion of Lana Del Rey.

https://www.mtv.com/news/t0eihx/lana-del-rey-queen-of-boredom

Lana Del Rey, Queen Of Boredom

Lana Del Rey has been a polarizing pop star from the start. Critics have said she's too obsessed with outdated notions of femininity, or cringed at interviews where she's quoted saying things like "I wish I was dead already." Her major-label debut, Born to Die, was memorably called the "album equivalent of a faked orgasm," simultaneously "dull, dreary, and pop-starved." Her debut SNL performance certainly didn't help. Amid EDM’s thudding Top 40 anthems, Lana's take on a 2012 summer hit was one about unbearable sadness; she was practically an alien.

https://theconversation.com/she-says-stupid-things-about-feminism-sex-and-wanting-to-be-dead-lana-del-rey-is-so-boring-29508

Lana Del Rey is so boring

Lana Del Rey is so boring. The most interesting thing about her is the gorgeous, Prell-girl hair that frames her expressionless face in videos and photographs. In interviews, she likes to complain about how the media misunderstands her. She smokes. She calls her music “Hollywood sadcore” and “narco swing”. She admits she’s slept around, a lot, sometimes with strangers. She’s made a lot of stupid statements about feminism, but at least has the tact (I’m looking at you, Miley) to acknowledge that she neither knows much about it nor cares to discuss it. And, most controversially (stifles yawn) — she likes to talk about how she wishes she were dead.

https://www.theeagleonline.com/article/2017/06/unpopular-opinion-i-hate-lana-del-rey

Unpopular Opinion: I Hate Lana Del Rey

Her slow, sultry voice pulls people into her music and her apathetic tone makes people forget about their problems. Del Rey’s style mimics that of a 70’s hipster flower child with her breathy and raspy low notes combined with her angstful, melodramatic lyrics. Her music seems perfect for any teenage dirtbag or college student seeking some rebellious and calming tunes after arguing with their parents about money.

However, her music is also trash.

3 minutes ago, TrippieHippie said:

https://www.mtv.com/news/t0eihx/lana-del-rey-queen-of-boredom

Lana Del Rey, Queen Of Boredom

Lana Del Rey has been a polarizing pop star from the start. Critics have said she's too obsessed with outdated notions of femininity, or cringed at interviews where she's quoted saying things like "I wish I was dead already." Her major-label debut, Born to Die, was memorably called the "album equivalent of a faked orgasm," simultaneously "dull, dreary, and pop-starved." Her debut SNL performance certainly didn't help. Amid EDM’s thudding Top 40 anthems, Lana's take on a 2012 summer hit was one about unbearable sadness; she was practically an alien.

https://theconversation.com/she-says-stupid-things-about-feminism-sex-and-wanting-to-be-dead-lana-del-rey-is-so-boring-29508

Lana Del Rey is so boring

Lana Del Rey is so boring. The most interesting thing about her is the gorgeous, Prell-girl hair that frames her expressionless face in videos and photographs. In interviews, she likes to complain about how the media misunderstands her. She smokes. She calls her music “Hollywood sadcore” and “narco swing”. She admits she’s slept around, a lot, sometimes with strangers. She’s made a lot of stupid statements about feminism, but at least has the tact (I’m looking at you, Miley) to acknowledge that she neither knows much about it nor cares to discuss it. And, most controversially (stifles yawn) — she likes to talk about how she wishes she were dead.

I'm truly sorry that whatever prison you're currently in forces you to post on message boards of artists who you hate.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

4 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

I'm truly sorry that whatever prison you're currently in forces you to post on message boards of artists who you hate.

I don't hate Lana Del Rey. You're definitely reaching.

I've been a fan since Video Games era and I attended the Endless Summer Tour. 

You're scheming through what I've said just to reply sassily when I didn't even say what you think I said.

I'm quoting an article from MTV. 

1 hour ago, TrippieHippie said:

In comparison to Adam Lambert, 

Lana Del Rey is not vocally skilled and she doesn't exude much vocal range.

There are women in the music industry who have a wider vocal range than Lana Del Rey. 

Adam Lambert covered West Coast which is why we're discussing him in the first place. 

The website is accurate and matches the information in multiple vocal analyzation videos created by professional vocal coaches on YouTube. 

I love Lana Del Rey and I think she has a beautiful voice but she can't be compared to Adam Lambert nor his spiritual mentor, Freddie Mercury. 

I agree that women shouldn't be compared to men. Men are different and operate differently from a woman but that's a different discussion.

Let's talk about women in the music industry with a larger range than Lana Del Rey. 

1. Mariah Carey

With her 5-octave vocal range and her ability to reach notes in the 7th octave vocal range as well just go back, it should come as no surprise that Mariah is the top. She hits the highest, most ear-piercing note of all time, making anyone in the vicinity’s hair stand on end. This is known as whistle register. Do not try it at home.

2. Christina Aguilera
Known for her powerful belting, Christina’s vocal range spans four octaves. Yet what is even more impressive is her voice dexterity, allowing her to jump between the different parts of her range with ease. Listening to her light, feminine speaking voice and breathy low register, one would not expect it to take on the thick and weighty tone with a nasal sound, that is so characteristic of the singer’s style.

3. Hayley Williams (Paramore)

Both Hayley and her voice are known for their versatility. With her 4-octave range and a voice that possesses a beautiful mix of edginess and girly smoothness, it is hard not to love this singer. Her voice is well connected throughout all registers, with lower notes that are dark and well controlled, however, her strongest vocal asset can be heard as she ascends to her characteristic roaring, ear-splitting high notes. Hayley’s sharp tone as well as her excellent breath control - allowing her to head bang and both hold high notes for long - makes her one of today’s top live performers.

4. Celine Dion
You are certainly no stranger to Celine Dion’s sharp voice with the nasally quality that is distinctly hers. Her 5-octave vocal range and ability to even reach an E6, paired with the skill of projecting her voice in all registers, thus allowing it to pierce through the heaviest of instrumentations, has earned her a multitude of awards and sold out shows worldwide.

5. Beyoncé

The technical, trained singer has a 4-octave vocal range, which is one of the strongest in the music industry. Although unlike Mariah Carey, she doesn’t have the whistle register, her incredible vocal flexibility and dexterity more than make up for it. In addition, Beyoncé’s exceptional breath and core support means she can hold notes long and dance with little decline in vocal quality, which is a rare but great quality for live performances.

https://sopm.gg/5-female-living-singers-largest-vocal-range/

I don't like the majority of these artist, excluding Hayley Williams and Mariah Carey, However, we're analyzing vocal agility and it's clear that these women acquire a larger vocal range.

Vocal range of 2.5 to 3 octaves is common among professional singers.

Lana Del Rey's voice is stereotypical and average which is okay. 

bitch can you drink a glass of water eat a cracker and go lay down!

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

On 1/28/2023 at 12:42 PM, ruined said:

This is my personal opinion and I'm not here to fight

You can have your own personal opinion

Question for the culture was completely FACTS

She said what she said

And no she worded it perfecly

This is what I hate the most

People need to STOP with "I agree with the things she said but she worded those things in the worst way and made herself sound like a racist and anti-feminist who is attacking other female singers by mentioning their name and the things they sing about"

Um it's not HER fault that some people are ignorant and obsessed to twist whatever women say into what they want it to be about just so they can hurt that woman (who was already hurt and angry and that's why she wrote QFTC) all over again

THIS is the thing that's actually anti-feminist and misogynist

If you get it you get if

If you don't then you don't

:usrsney:

Question For the Culture was a cultural reset and I agreed wholeheartedly with the message.

As an apolitical, uncompartmentalized person I stand with Lana Del Rey.

12 hours ago, TrippieHippie said:

I don’t understand why they’re blatantly lying for the sake of protecting Lana. 

There's nothing Lana will gain or lose from this discussion.
If Lana wasn’t pretty and didn’t live the life she lived then she’d never be famous.

She was surrounded by the right people to push her towards success. 
Adam had to work harder to gain leverage in the industry.

He absolutely did have to work so much harder!! I’ll never forget the insane homophobia he faced. I think Lana would’ve been successful even if she wasn’t beautiful, though. It certainly helped, but I think she could’ve done it no matter what. Adam deserves so much respect tho. Love him 

2 hours ago, lemonadedelrey said:

He absolutely did have to work so much harder!! I’ll never forget the insane homophobia he faced. I think Lana would’ve been successful even if she wasn’t beautiful, though. It certainly helped, but I think she could’ve done it no matter what. Adam deserves so much respect tho. Love him 

I would have love to honor a level-headed debate with others here, but unfortunately there are children who would rather gaslight than face the facts. 

Adam Lambert is one of the last of the last groundbreaking artist. 

There's a reason why Queen elected Adam Lambert to replace Freddie Mercury after his untimely death. Lana hasn't been invited to Kennedy Honors, she isn't sitting with the greats although she has been recognized by the greats. I believe that in TIME Lana will reach those heights but she must refine her voice and focus. 

It doesn't matter what their opinion is of West Coast.

Adam Lambert is an underrated living legend, period.

He's sitting at tables that Lana isn't welcomed to. 

The only reason Adam Lambert isn't as famous as Beyoncé is because of his outspoken personality and his sexuality. If Adam Lambert was straight, he'd be further in life. Adam Lambert is THE Freddie Mercury, Boy George and Elvis of our generation. 

There isn't a soul you can name from THIS GENERATION that has his talent and technique. 

I don't care to discuss aesthetic, popularity and views.

There are many artist who accompany aesthetic, popularity and views that are talentless and lack technique. 

Lana Del Rey isn't of those artist, but she can't be compared to Freddie Mercury. 

She isn't as great of an artist as Freddie Mercury and she never will be. 

If Lana Del Rey was reading this I believe she would agree too.

Lana Del Rey, Adam Lambert and Freddie Mercury cannot be compared.

15 hours ago, TrippieHippie said:

I don’t understand why they’re blatantly lying for the sake of protecting Lana. 

There's nothing Lana will gain or lose from this discussion.
If Lana wasn’t pretty and didn’t live the life she lived then she’d never be famous.

Adam had to work harder to gain leverage in the industry.

Why are we comparing two different people? They're completely different singers. 

Adam is a vocalist while Lana is more of a songwriter and used to be heavily image centered. 

Adam isn't that interesting but is an incredible vocalist. He's a good looking man, but he was always so uninteresting to me, yet he has everything to be an icon. 

Although Lana used to be a Tumblr aesthetic queen, we wouldn't be talking about her music if that was the main reason behind her fame. She was original, her music has longevity, and it going viral on Tiktok every month says a lot. We didn't really know how her career would look if it wasn't for her dad but we can all agree that she's more than her image and looks. 

Also, can we collectively agree that being a pretty woman in music is the bare minimum nowadays and that it won't do a lot even if the woman is exceptionally pretty? Look at Madison Beer, a beautiful nepo baby yet people talk about her looks first then her music, even her stans. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

15 hours ago, TrippieHippie said:

We don't know that. There's no way to peak into a hypothetical universe where Lana is ugly and see whether she's still successful or not. So there's no reason to come to conclusions like this.

She definitely has played up her looks to make a certain persona, but who's to say thats all she has to offer? If she didn't have that going for her maybe she would have had other creative ideas 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

21 minutes ago, shady said:

Why are we comparing two different people? They're completely different singers. 

Adam is a vocalist while Lana is more of a songwriter and used to be heavily image centered. 

Adam isn't that interesting but is an incredible vocalist. He's a good looking man, but he was always so uninteresting to me, yet he has everything to be an icon. 

Although Lana used to be a Tumblr aesthetic queen, we wouldn't be talking about her music if that was the main reason behind her fame. She was original, her music has longevity, and it going viral on Tiktok every month says a lot. We didn't really know how her career would look if it wasn't for her dad but we can all agree that she's more than her image and looks. 

Also, can we collectively agree that being a pretty woman in music is the bare minimum nowadays and that it won't do a lot even if the woman is exceptionally pretty? Look at Madison Beer, a beautiful nepo baby yet people talk about her looks first then her music, even her stans. 

People are comparing Adam to Lana because he covered West Coast.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, which is why I also mentioned that Lana Del Rey wouldn't be famous if she didn't have the life she had.

I also agree that Adam Lambert is undervalued, not seen as appealing. Although, he is more exciting than Lana Del Rey;

He's not deemed interesting or trendy to our society as a whole.

Thank you for reiterating that he is a VOCALIST as others seem to not comprehend that Adam Lambert is actually a professional vocalist.

Adam Lambert sings with technique, strategy and precision. Lana doesn't sing like that.

She sings from the heart.

16 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

We don't know that. There's no way to peak into a hypothetical universe where Lana is ugly and see whether she's still successful or not. So there's no reason to come to conclusions like this.

She definitely has played up her looks to make a certain persona, but who's to say thats all she has to offer? If she didn't have that going for her maybe she would have had other creative ideas 

Lana Del Rey didn't have to work hard in the industry in the same fashion Adam Lambert did.

Adam Lambert was ridiculed for his sexuality, style and mindset which caused doors to close for him. He had to PROVE to society and the industry that he had a seat at the table.

Lana Del Rey had help from her father to achieve her goals. She also dated a few producers and happen to be born into a family that had connections. Lana Del Rey is also a gorgeous woman. Beauty does play a factor in gaining popularity. 

Adam didn't have connections growing up. He applied for American Idol competition and sang well enough to be offered a golden ticket. The judges could have easily declined his advances. If the judges declined his chances, he'd never be famous. Adam Lambert has admitted to this himself. 

2 minutes ago, TrippieHippie said:

Lana Del Rey didn't have to work hard in the industry in the same fashion Adam Lambert did.

Adam Lambert was ridiculed for his sexuality, style and mindset which caused therefore doors to close for him. He had to PROVE to society and the industry that he had a seat at the table.

Lana Del Rey had help from her father to achieve her goals. She also dated a few producers and happen to be born into a family that had connections. Adam didn't have connections growing up. He applied for American Idol competition and sang well enough to be offered a golden ticket. The judges could have easily declined his advances. If the judges declined his chances, he'd never be famous. Adam Lambert has admitted to this himself. 

That doesn't make Adam any good. Lana is still better.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, baddisease said:

That doesn't make Adam any good. Lana is still better.

Lana Del Rey isn't a better vocalist than Adam Lambert. 

Adam Lambert:

three-octave

Adam Lambert is known for his full-control three-octave (B2-B5) vocal range, expert vibrato and dynamic, piercing and robust belting and falsetto which allows him to stretch up to the fifth octave.

Lana Del Rey:
Lana Del Rey's vocal range is approximately 3 octaves and minor third, spanning Bb2 – F#5 – C#6.
 Lana Del Rey is considered to be a dugazon mezzo-soprano, an intermediate voice type between a mezzo-soprano and a soprano.