Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

9 hours ago, TrippieHippie said:

In comparison to Adam Lambert, 

Lana Del Rey is not vocally skilled and she doesn't exude much vocal range.

There are women in the music industry who have a wider vocal range than Lana Del Rey. 

Adam Lambert covered West Coast which is why we're discussing him in the first place. 

The website is accurate and matches the information in multiple vocal analyzation videos created by professional vocal coaches on YouTube. 

I love Lana Del Rey and I think she has a beautiful voice but she can't be compared to Adam Lambert nor his spiritual mentor, Freddie Mercury. 

I agree that women shouldn't be compared to men. Men are different and operate differently from a woman but that's a different discussion.

Let's talk about women in the music industry with a larger range than Lana Del Rey. 

1. Mariah Carey

With her 5-octave vocal range and her ability to reach notes in the 7th octave vocal range as well just go back, it should come as no surprise that Mariah is the top. She hits the highest, most ear-piercing note of all time, making anyone in the vicinity’s hair stand on end. This is known as whistle register. Do not try it at home.

2. Christina Aguilera
Known for her powerful belting, Christina’s vocal range spans four octaves. Yet what is even more impressive is her voice dexterity, allowing her to jump between the different parts of her range with ease. Listening to her light, feminine speaking voice and breathy low register, one would not expect it to take on the thick and weighty tone with a nasal sound, that is so characteristic of the singer’s style.

3. Hayley Williams (Paramore)

Both Hayley and her voice are known for their versatility. With her 4-octave range and a voice that possesses a beautiful mix of edginess and girly smoothness, it is hard not to love this singer. Her voice is well connected throughout all registers, with lower notes that are dark and well controlled, however, her strongest vocal asset can be heard as she ascends to her characteristic roaring, ear-splitting high notes. Hayley’s sharp tone as well as her excellent breath control - allowing her to head bang and both hold high notes for long - makes her one of today’s top live performers.

4. Celine Dion
You are certainly no stranger to Celine Dion’s sharp voice with the nasally quality that is distinctly hers. Her 5-octave vocal range and ability to even reach an E6, paired with the skill of projecting her voice in all registers, thus allowing it to pierce through the heaviest of instrumentations, has earned her a multitude of awards and sold out shows worldwide.

5. Beyoncé

The technical, trained singer has a 4-octave vocal range, which is one of the strongest in the music industry. Although unlike Mariah Carey, she doesn’t have the whistle register, her incredible vocal flexibility and dexterity more than make up for it. In addition, Beyoncé’s exceptional breath and core support means she can hold notes long and dance with little decline in vocal quality, which is a rare but great quality for live performances.

https://sopm.gg/5-female-living-singers-largest-vocal-range/

I don't like the majority of these artist, excluding Hayley Williams and Mariah Carey, However, we're analyzing vocal agility and it's clear that these women acquire a larger vocal range.

Vocal range of 2.5 to 3 octaves is common among professional singers.

Lana Del Rey's voice is stereotypical and average which is okay. 

Are you going to be okay? 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, TrippieHippie said:

Lana Del Rey isn't a better vocalist than Adam Lambert. 

Adam Lambert:

three-octave

Adam Lambert is known for his full-control three-octave (B2-B5) vocal range, expert vibrato and dynamic, piercing and robust belting and falsetto which allows him to stretch up to the fifth octave.

Lana Del Rey:
Lana Del Rey's vocal range is approximately 3 octaves and minor third, spanning Bb2 – F#5 – C#6.
 Lana Del Rey is considered to be a dugazon mezzo-soprano, an intermediate voice type between a mezzo-soprano and a soprano. 

His music is still ass.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, baddisease said:

His music is still ass.

You're proving my point.

You're only think Lana Del Rey is better because of aesthetic, popularity and views. 

You're not open to debating the vocal agility of Lana Del Rey in comparison to Adam Lambert. 

13 minutes ago, TrippieHippie said:

You're proving my point.

You're only think Lana Del Rey is better because of aesthetic, popularity and views. 

You're not open to debating the vocal agility of Lana Del Rey in comparison to Adam Lambert. 

Let me explain this to you step-by-step like you have the capacity for reason of a child, because you are clearly not helping your case otherwise. YOU are the one who started bringing up hateful comments about her from the media from ten years ago. For some demented reason you thought those comments would support saying that Lana never went through anything demonizing or hateful in the press; those comments that you shared prove otherwise. YOU are the one who brought up a lie that Lana never struggled with anything in her life, and insinuated that she's a boring whore who only cares about aesthetics. YOU are the one who made a claim that vocals determine great music in your hypocritical crusade against those who care about lyrics and aesthetics. Your position as a warrior for Adam Lambert is admirable, but find some self awareness please, because you're the one incapable of having a debate. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I wish we can discuss things without defaming one another but I suppose I'm arguing with children who were hardly alive when Adam Lambert debuted. 

I'm sure some of you will delude yourselves into believing Lana Del Rey is also better than Freddie Mercury. Freddie Mercury is also a professional vocalist.

There is better than her and I'm able to admit that as a fan. 

11 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Let me explain this to you step-by-step like you have the capacity for reason of a child, because you are clearly not helping your case otherwise. YOU are the one who started bringing up hateful comments about her from the media from ten years ago. For some demented reason you thought those comments would support saying that Lana never went through anything demonizing or hateful in the press; those comments that you shared prove otherwise. YOU are the one who brought up a lie that Lana never struggled with anything in her life, and insinuated that she's a boring whore who only cares about aesthetics. YOU are the one who made a claim that vocals determine great music in your hypocritical crusade against those who care about lyrics and aesthetics. Your position as a warrior for Adam Lambert is admirable, but find some self awareness please, because you're the one incapable of having a debate. 

I don't think Lana Del Rey is boring,

I am a fan of her work and I have been so for eleven years now.

Yes, I even attended some of her concerts in the past when she has visited my hometown.

Lana Del Rey in comparison didn't work as hard as Adam Lambert did in the industry. 

Lana Del Rey's father helped her as well as the men she dated who happened to be producers in Hollywood.

Adam Lambert didn't have that luxury.

He was selected due by American Idol due to his vocal ability. 

Lana Del Rey has a beautiful voice and I listen to her music on the daily bases.

I agree with Lana Del Rey in her post entitled Question For the Culture. I don't think she's racist and I don't think the message was difficult to understand. Lana Del Rey is wrongfully misconstrued and criticized due to that post in which I think is unfair.

I am not talking from my personal opinion.

I am linking articles from the public to prove that socially Lana Del Rey is deemed boring just as Adam Lambert is. 

You're all desiring me to hate Adam Lambert's cover and I don't. It's not my favorite cover but I will not drag him and call him talentless when he is opening doors that Lana is still knocking at. 

5 minutes ago, TrippieHippie said:

I don't think Lana Del Rey is boring,

I am a fan of her work and I have been so for eleven years now.

Yes, I even attended some of her concerts in the past which she has visited my hometown.

Lana Del Rey in comparison didn't work as hard as Adam Lambert did in the industry. 

Lana Del Rey's father helped her as well as the men she dated who happened to be producers in Hollywood.

Adam Lambert didn't have that luxury.

He was selected due by American Idol due to his vocal ability. 

Lana Del Rey has a beautiful voice and I listen to her music on the daily bases.

I agree with Lana Del Rey in her post entitled Question For the Culture. I don't think she's racist and I don't think the message was difficult to understand. Lana Del Rey is wrongfully misconstrued and criticized due to that post in which I think is unfair.

I am not talking from my personal opinion.

I am linking articles from the public to prove that socially Lana Del Rey is deemed boring just as Adam Lambert is. 

You're all desiring me to hate Adam Lambert's cover and I don't. It's not my favorite cover but I will not drag him and call him talentless when he is opening doors that Lana is still knocking at. 

Is this really how you want to spend your Saturday morning. 

What is even happening here on this day 

:thumb2:

I know this is the unpopular opinions thread but there's no need to write full essays bashing and comparing Lana's vocals to anyone.

I don't care how many octaves her range has or how high she can go, I still think she's a skilled vocalist maybe not 100% technical but she uses so many voices in her songs and they all sound good. For example in A&W she sings in like 4 different ways throughout the song :true:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Is this really how you want to spend your Saturday morning. 

I'm sorry but I don't believe in blindly idolizing people.

There are better artist than Lana Del Rey when it comes to vocal ability.

Mariah Carey is a better vocalist than Lana Del Rey.

I prefer Lana Del Rey's music to listen to on the daily bases but I won't delude myself into thinking Mariah isn't better than her, vocally.

2 minutes ago, TrippieHippie said:

I'm sorry but I don't believe in blindly idolizing people.

There are better artist than Lana Del Rey when it comes to vocal ability.

Mariah Carey is a better vocalist than Lana Del Rey.

I prefer Lana Del Rey's music to listen to on the daily bases but I won't delude myself into thinking Mariah isn't better than her, vocally.

Nobody ever said that Lana was a better vocalist than Mariah Carey or Adam Lambert; everyone in this thread agrees with you that Adam is a better vocalist :scoff:

PEOPLE PREFERRING LANA'S MUSIC DOES NOT TAKE AWAY FROM THAT.

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:

Just because Adam Lambert has a "good voice" doesn't make him interesting or better than Lana Del Rey. Go create an Adam Lambert Boards if you want. :pls:

I have proven multiple times that Adam Lambert is vocally stronger than Lana Del Rey.

I don't care how many messages I'm sent from any of you, I will continue to state the obvious.