Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Whew the opinions on this last page!

LFL could have really been something, like Honeymoon's darker sister, but I appreciate the album for what it is and use often. Lana felt in touch here. I think the phrase she used to describe Honeymoon was a "vanity project", and I think she sacrificed that with LFL to serve the culture at that time. She made some beautiful songs out of her wanting to inspire hope and change with this album instead. I will always love and appreciate that about LFL, though it's not a perfect album, it's fun and quite thoughtful.

NFR might be overrated by a hair but I think it deserves the praise. She should make more songs with instrumentals like Mariners, VB, and The Greatest. That's why I loved Peppers and Taco Truck. That sounds just works so well with her.

COCC & BB are different stories. But I agree about Tulsa :P So overrated, every other song on COCC is better than it.

the greatest is top3 of her worst songs with that the most basic ass instrumental and uninteresting melody wow its very bad

the same goes to the 97% of NFR But the greatest just takes it, hope she left that sounds for forever

But as much as I dislike it im happy its out and im happy that era turned out for lana what it turned out, unlike cocc and bb which were absolitely unnecessary albums NFR is a solid one and okatish, Just overrated as hell and definitely not her best cmon now (not to mention it paid dust one of her best songs turning it from a gorgeous single with one of her best videos to the disaster that TNBAR is) 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

the greatest is top3 of her worst songs with that the most basic ass instrumental and uninteresting melody wow its very bad

the same goes to the 97% of NFR But the greatest just takes it, hope she left that sounds for forever

But as much as I hate it im happy its out and im happy that era turned out for lana what it turned out, unlike cocc and bb which were absolitely unnecessary albums NFR is a solid one and okatish, Just overrated as hell and definitely not her best cmon now

Well this is definitely an unpopular opinion :whoopi:

6 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Well this is definitely an unpopular opinion :whoopi:

well its not Just many were quiet all this time, actually many People simply dont understand what the hell that NFR was and dont have a desire to listen to it more than once in 2 years because of how unbearably Boring it is to spend 67 minutes on it

all this NFR talk reminds me of something i have always thought - i have never really been that hung up on figuring out which lana album is the worst or just ranking them in general since everyone has different tastes and many people will not like something that others love, but i will admit that NFR is the album i go back to the least... :bebe: i do understand what other people see in it - the era itself, the visuals, the feeling she created were amazing, but i guess it's just not for me and that's perfectly fine

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

7 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

all this NFR talk reminds me of something i have always thought - i have never really been that hung up on figuring out which lana album is the worst or just ranking them in general since everyone has different tastes and many people will not like something that others love, but i will admit that NFR is the album i go back to the least... :bebe: i do understand what other people see in it - the era itself, the visuals, the feeling she created were amazing, but i guess it's just not for me and that's perfectly fine

yeah its nothing i would like to see from lana in general i still didnt get a proper answer after all these years why it became suddenly her best and it was really a crime in its time to call it bad and u would suddenly be tasteless if u dislike it which is by far the most stupid thing lana fan could only come up with, its really, objectively not her best if we would choose the one, its a regular album, just like lfl which many of them paid dust for nothing calling it the worst (and i can see why tho but just like nfr, lfl is obejectevily isnt worst if we would choose), honeymoon and ultraviolence are more of unbothered to be her best records in this case

I think it's a shame that she's getting really popular right now when her music is at its lowest, I mean she'll always make quality music but her first albums up to LFL were on such a level, frankly little artists managed to release records like that. (I haven't listened to Ocean...still I'm late) :hooker:

All those people who hated Ultraviolence back then, and Paradise, LFL the whole heyday of her career grrr, it kinda pisses me off to see trends on her on the networks now when the best is over. She wins, that's the main thing, but people didn't understand who she really was. She's not just an aesthetic person. :crossed:

Of the 3 albums: NFR!, COTCC, Blue Banisters remains my favorite. Not the best but definitely the most Lana. It's peaceful, a bit old in sound, underrated. I like the way it came out, all in discretion. An intimate side like AKA. :flutter:

"Say yes to heaven" is the most soporific, boring demo of all time, of all the demos I didn't want her to use this one but it's done and people are happy with it. :toofunny:

It's a beautiful song but there is better. 
Fine China, Your girl, Cult leader (and others) cannot be trashed :(

I find her writing a little overrated, I like this way of revealing himself now, while putting his Lanadelreyesque elements (the colors, the cities, the boyfriends, the cars, the family, the animals) but I think that she has done better in the past, Black beauty, Brooklyn baby, it goes straight to the point and it's beautiful to listen to.

I would like her to go further and open up a little more to the world while keeping her touch. :smokes:

I preferred when she hung out with guys like Barrie, she hung out with better musicians. Jack doesn't inspire her that much. :creep:

The result of all this is that she seems happier, calmer and in tune with herself. She will have other moments in the future I'm sure. :party:

I don't understand the massive hatred towards The Next Best American Record :awkney: It's literally the same as Best American Record but with different lyrics? How can a song go from amazing to terrible just because of lyrical changes? 

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

5 minutes ago, Poppers said:

I don't understand the massive hatred towards The Next Best American Record :awkney: It's literally the same as Best American Record but with different lyrics? How can a song go from amazing to terrible just because of lyrical changes? 

not he whole song, but the reworked one, the original version remains a supreme one, because its an obvious vibe change by the chorus, the verses are very moody and chorus is just happy it just ruins the whole listening experience of the song, it just so off and these lyrics, it feels like they were written very carelessly and very basic, the better option on my opinion is to release it on lfl or scrap it for good, her reworkings are generally not bad but this was a terrible choice 

7 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

But as much as I dislike it im happy its out and im happy that era turned out for lana what it turned out, unlike cocc and bb which were absolitely unnecessary albums NFR is a solid one and okatish, Just overrated as hell and definitely not her best cmon now (not to mention it paid dust one of her best songs turning it from a gorgeous single with one of her best videos to the disaster that TNBAR is) 

I fr haven’t seen an opinion like this since I was on stan twitter like 3 years ago. But to each their own :facepalm:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 hour ago, bluedealer said:

I don't understand the hype for Doin time :biblio:

Me neither. Definitely my least favourite on NFR!. The instrumental feels cheap to me, whereas the rest of the record really nails that surf vibe Imo. 

1 hour ago, Poppers said:

This. I’ve always loved TNBAR. I do agree that the demo is better, and when I first heard it in my early days of being a Lana fan it was like audible gold. When Norman came out I didn’t really hear a difference, the only difference came from the association of imagery that I had with each song because of the respective album covers and eras.

I don’t see why there’s such intense hate on TNBAR when the differences are so subtle, and she clearly felt like working more on the 2017 version even if it’s cancellation was against her initial vision. However I think that high level of scrutiny is expected of a site like this where a fandom is so active :bop:

44 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

The Greatest only works as NFR’s closer. Like Venice Bitch —-> The Greatest is CANON

Omg sorry to quote so many but THIS.

In my head, NFR! officially ends at The greatest and the 3 songs afterwards feel like a post credits scene that only a few stay to watch. The story from track 2-11 is so concise, and I think Bartender-hope work as such a trio that I’ve always perceived The greatest to be the greatest Lana closer that never was

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

21 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

I fr haven’t seen an opinion like this since I was on stan twitter like 3 years ago. But to each their own :facepalm:

did I say something that aplies to any criteria of a stantwitter user? offended phags on there saying nastiest things in the world and I said neither of that, I really dislike NFR and the greatest because of the basicness and overratedness of the whole project

But i didnt say anything baselessly offensive towards lana, NFR is Just not a standard for taste that the fandom made out of it, and for 4 years im trying to get the answer and every NFR Stan failed to tell me one ending up the discussion with baseless tasteless, im really tired of making basic music a pure standard paying dust her much more worthful projects