Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I honestly don’t feel like any of her piano projects are absolutely awful besides wildflower :deadbanana: truly one of the worst tunes she put out but it kinda miffs me off that she can’t make them more interesting just by belting or doing some riffs for the bridges to keep them fresh.

3 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

I hope people on LB know that “old Lana >>>>” opinions aren’t unpopular and pretentious and so does “new Lana>>>>” comments. Let’s stop
 yeah we (or I?) get it. 

my comment was never about old lana>>> my comment was about how much overrated NFR is withinh the lana stans, so much it became unhealthy

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Just now, lanaismamom said:

did I say something that aplies to any criteria of a stantwitter user? offended phags on there saying nastiest things in the world and I said neither of that, I really dislike NFR and the greatest because of the basicness and overratedness of the whole project

But i didnt say anything baselessly offensive towards lana, NFR is Just not a standard for taste that the fandom made out of it, and for 4 years im trying to get the answer and every NFR Stan failed to tell me one ending up the discussion with baseless tasteless, im really tired of making basic music a pure standard paying dust her much more worthful projects

:)

this is such an aggressive tone for a 2 line reply to your opinion. 

by saying i haven’t seen an opinion like this since i was on stan twitter, i meant the extreme dislike for nfr and the way you acted like your opinion was objective and that anyone who likes nfr enjoys basic boring and uninteresting music.

calm down

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

I honestly don’t feel like any of her piano projects are absolutely awful besides wildflower :deadbanana: truly one of the worst tunes she put out but it kinda miffs me off that she can’t make them more interesting just by belting or doing some riffs for the bridges to keep them fresh.

same i cant stand wildflower the production is horrif

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

9 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

:)

this is such an aggressive tone for a 2 line reply to your opinion. 

by saying i haven’t seen an opinion like this since i was on stan twitter, i meant the extreme dislike for nfr and the way you acted like your opinion was objective and that anyone who likes nfr enjoys basic boring and uninteresting music.

calm down

sorry I extremely hate that stantwitter phags and didnt want to have anything in common with them and I didnt try to tell NFR fans, they are tasteless for liking it, I understand its not my kind of music for my personal liking at all, Who really is objective is this situation is fandom in making NFR a supreme and standard record in lana discography, like the first 2 years was awful, u couldnt tell anything bad about Norman or u would aggressively responded to u are tasteless, and that wasnt good to hear as a lana fan really

Again, why are NFR haters so aggressive :rip: Go catch a wave and take in the sweetness...

Just now, lanaismamom said:

was I?:bye:

Did I say it was you, lanaismamom? :bye:

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

I really saw this comment coming from you and im not surprised

Aw, did @Sportscruiser hit a nerve?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Again, why are NFR haters so aggressive :rip: Go catch a wave and take in the sweetness...

Happiness escaped from their hands into moonlight I think.

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

why are we always instigating heated conversations on this thread

it's the only place people are allowed to share an opinion that might be polarizing :(

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

18 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Did I say it was you, lanaismamom? :bye:

not for me exclusively But obviously me also lol I was the one Who brought in the discussion so what is the questions really

19 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Aw, did @Sportscruiser hit a nerve?

noo not at all I think he knows what im talking about and the chat im talking about

Anyway I'm bored at work so I'll just drop a few unpopular opinions for each record

Born to Die is one of my favorite albums, but Million Dollar Man (ALBUM VERSION), Carmen and Dark Paradise are career lows. Blue Jeans is one of her best songs, I rarely see any love for it on this forum.

Bel Air is super overrated. I probably heard it like 20 times in my life.

The Other Woman is so good and I'm glad it went super viral some time ago. Deserved.

I never understood why people hate on "There's only 24 hours in a day." People always share that singular line as if there weren't a few other lines right after that that develop the idea she was going for.

White Mustang is top 3 on Lust for Life.

The Next Best American Record > Best American Record. I used to think the demo was better, until I revisited it and decided the album version was superior. Also Architecture I don't know if it's a fake title or not but it's terrible.

Chemtrails is her least replayable album ever, and I hope it never happens again lol. I do like the record, and I think it has some of her finest vocals and lyrics, but yeah.

Black Bathing Suit is super good. Nectar of the Gods is one of her worst songs. I cringe at the title alone.

Fishtail only bad song on Oceab Blvd.

Actually I don’t, @lanaismamom. I don’t know/remember which chat member you are honestly and it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day. What I was trying to say is that is truly mindboggling the acrobatics some of you do to distill such hatred towards a Lana record, to a point where you say absolutist things like “NFR is objectively bad/basic/boring” while always failing to provide any nuance to the discussion. I would love to have a conversation with a NFR hater that doesn’t think it’s edgy to dismiss the project altogether as if there’s nothing in the record worth commending.

One of my best friends doesn’t quite like Honeymoon (my fave Lana album) and we’ve had plenty of convos about why it doesn’t click for her so I assume it’s possible to talk among Lana fans about our/their unpopular opinions.

IMG-7960.jpg

40 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Actually I don’t, @lanaismamom. I don’t know/remember which chat member you are honestly and it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day. What I was trying to say is that is truly mindboggling the acrobatics some of you do to distill such hatred towards a Lana record, to a point where you say absolutist things like “NFR is objectively bad/basic/boring” while always failing to provide any nuance to the discussion. I would love to have a conversation with a NFR hater that doesn’t think it’s edgy to dismiss the project altogether as if there’s nothing in the record worth commending.

One of my best friends doesn’t quite like Honeymoon (my fave Lana album) and we’ve had plenty of convos about why it doesn’t click for her so I assume it’s possible to talk among Lana fans about our/their unpopular opinions.

well i was never a nfr hater, i was a hater of fact the whole fandom made this album to be objectively top1 project, i tried 5 times to get into the record but after the 3d time i understood that the problem is that i simply dont like this kind of music and stopped trying, but then the whole fandom would call it a phenomenal record, and i tried to understand why and what was the reason of calling it so, and im not trying to hate the nfr in reference to a music in general or a music taste, (and im absolutely not that kind of a person who would HATE any of lanas project because i literally love everything she does), but rather then to lana music - nfr is the most basic album that lana could ever come up with after immaculate 5 records that has exactly everything that nfr has but it showed better - the production, by a landslide worse than 95% of her previous work, the lyrics are as strong as on the previous albums, it was just more relatable by a more amount of people in america and i can see why (but thats still not enough to take over honeymoon or ultraviolence), the beach theme that was new for lana didnt really reached to me alongside the aesthetics - yeah 60s surf vibe are cool and everything and it matches absolutely perfect the theme of the album and i can see why people would love it, but that is because of my personal taste, and, even being an experimental album, it was called a lana classic (classic is probably a definition of an objectiveness for me), and i really started questioning if this is really lana classic then why it dont reach to me? but the whole fandom just went crazy and i was gaslit so many times with these crazy fans calling it something, while paying absolute dust other albums where lana showed us the best music that can ever be made in this genre - these albums just were loosing it and seeing such a disrespect for what made lana famous and what much of us fall in love with lana to be threated such a bad way was not good, many fans just keep telling that critics said its her best, and then they are the ones who would say that there's no such thing as objective estimate, and u know there IS definitely a reason why the fandom split on 2 equal sides after the release of this record - and everyone of them would be right calling nfr good and bad, but the obvious fact that the first side won, made it a consensus that nfr the best lana album and this is the main issue for me with norman - not anything else like trying to say u are tasteless or tasteful for liking it (something that a nfr stan brought in the fandom), and in the end of the day i just came here, in unpopular opinions thread, knowing that this discussion would cause a collapse in any other place, wanted to say that how much im triggered by the fact that blind nfr getting the crown with its basic production, i was "attacked" by so called nfr stans again and again, even tho i was supposed to leave the message and get the reactions from people who would relate to it without any further replays and thats it, but nfr stans who would still think this is an inappropiate opinion would call me out for nothing, and the fact that this theme is still being a hot topic is anybody but a nfr stan fault who still cant understand that thinking nfr is a basic album is all right

45 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

This is so true lol I can discuss about Lana albums with other stans/casual listeners for an entire hour, but when it comes to NFR!, it hits the nerve for some :rip: Although it's always online... everyone I know IRL who likes/loves Lana loves NFR!. A friend literally just casually told me NFR! was a masterpiece. But oh well.

10 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

well i was never a nfr hater, i was a hater of fact the whole fandom made this album to be objectively top1 project, i tried 5 times to get into the record but after the 3d time i understood that the problem is that i simply dont like this kind of music and stopped trying, but then the whole fandom would call it a phenomenal record, and i tried to understand why and what was the reason of calling it so, and im not trying to hate the nfr in reference to a music in general or a music taste rather then to lana music - nfr is the most basic album that lana could ever come up with after immaculate 5 records that has exactly everything that nfr has but it showed better - the production, by a landslide worse than 95% of her previous work, the lyrics are as strong as on the previous albums, it was just more relatable by a more amount of people in america and i can see why (but thats still not enough to take over honeymoon or ultraviolence), the beach theme that was new for lana didnt really reached to me, but that is because of my personal taste, and, even being an experimental album, it was called a lana classic (classic is probably a definition of an objectiveness for me), and i really started questioning if this is really lana classic then why it dont reach to me? but the whole fandom just went crazy and i was gaslit so many times with these crazy fans calling it something, while paying absolute dust other albums where lana showed us the best music that can ever be made in this genre - these albums just were loosing it and seeing such a disrespect for what made lana famous and what much of us fall in love with lana to be threated such a bad way was not good, many fans just keep telling that critics said its her best, and then they are the ones who would say that there's no such thing as objective estimate, and u know there IS definitely a reason why the fandom split on 2 equal sides after the release of this record - and everyone of them would be right calling nfr good and bad, but the obvious fact that the first side won, made it a consensus that nfr the best lana album and this is the main issue for me with norman - not anything else like trying to say u are tasteless or tasteful for liking it (something that a nfr stan brought in the fandom), and in the end of the day i just came here, in unpopular opinions thread, knowing that this discussion would cause a collapse in any other place, wanted to say that how much im triggered by the fact that blind nfr getting the crown with its basic production, i was "attacked" by so called nfr stans again and again, even tho i was supposed to leave the message and get the reactions from people who would relate to it without any further replays and thats it, but nfr stans who would still think this is an inappropiate opinion would call me out for nothing, and the fact that this theme is still being a hot topic is anybody but a nfr stan fault who still cant understand that thinking nfr is a basic album is all right

I don't understand why you keep on saying the fandom made NFR! the "objective No. 1" or whatever when that's definitely not the case. On LanaBoards? UV is still her masterpiece. On Twitter? That's either BTD, UV or NFR!. On TikTok? Her unreleased stuff/album deep cuts. NFR! has the most haters of any Lana album, only behind Blue Banisters, which is still appreciated outside of this forum.

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I don't understand why you keep on saying the fandom made NFR! the "objective No. 1" or whatever when that's definitely not the case. On LanaBoards? UV is still her masterpiece. On Twitter? That's either BTD, UV or NFR!. On TikTok? Her unreleased stuff/album deep cuts. NFR! has the most haters of any Lana album, only behind Blue Banisters, which is still appreciated outside of this forum.

i guess we have different kind of recommendations or smth? on lanaboards its where things the most divided, its nfr and uv both, and the only cool place u can say ur opinions, but still the way u would be called out for calling nfr not her best album, the literally whole tiktok i seen or being sent to praised nfr and bb and would call ultraviolence and honeymoon bad albums, twitter i dont reside there so i cant tell, but here in russia fans made the album to be her best literally shittest fans out there, i seen not much people who would say nfr is not good and hardly ever seen any nfr hater