Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

@ (on an unrelated note) I just want to take the time to say I love your display picture <33

Thank you SOOO much, means a lot.

:) *hug*

(I'm on mobile and I don't know that many emotes lmao)

:smokes:

I hate Brooklyn Baby, the part at the end when she sings with Barrie saves it. Something about it makes me feel weird..  :judgingu3:

One of my favorite songs is Your Band is All the Rage. It sounds honest, vulnerable. 

e661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gifgiphy.gife661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gif

I LOVE the bridge on Sad Girl.

And I wish Lana had re-released LDRAKALG instead of Born to Die or Paradise. I can listen to it over and over again and LDRAKALG never seems to get old. (Same with Ultraviolence.)

YOU CALL ME LAVENDER, YOU CALL ME SUNSHINE

Born to Die (album) is supremely overrated. I really don't understand the hype for the tracks, they're all kinds generic. National Anthem, OTTR, Blue Jeans, Lolita and MDM are good, but the other songs aren't, imo, as defining and unique as I see most people make then out to be. Ultraviolence is far better sonically and lyrically.

Also, all the praise for the Blue Jeans video(s)? The original and new one are so clichéd and boring.

I'D LIKE TO APOLOGISE TO THE WHOLE OF LANABOARDS FOR MY BLASPHEMOUS POST, I RECENTLY FELL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE AND NOW I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND AND LOVE THE ALBUM so yeah. but uv is still superior imo.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I think I like the demo of Black Beauty better.  It's a great song and doesn't have her lyrical flubs that a lot of UV has.  The added tracks to the song seem okay, but I think it's more powerful without it.  Plus with Sad Girl, which uses the sudden return to the ending minor chord to great effect, it pales in comparison.

u6pq4c9.gif

Honestly, I don't get the fascination with Lana's May Jailer music. Most of it is so unbelievably boring to me. I only really like Bad Disease and the parts of How Do You Know Me So Well.

giphy.gif

I think Ultraviolence is superior to Born To Die tbh.....

Born To Die is great, don't get me wrong, but I just enjoy the more rawness of UV. Like BTD was all so perfect and almost vacuum packed, where as the production on UV feels kind of loose (if that makes sense) but in a good way

Plus BTD has like 4-5 songs I dont like

Honestly, I don't get the fascination with Lana's May Jailer music. Most of it is so unbelievably boring to me. I only really like Bad Disease and the parts of How Do You Know Me So Well.

?????? because it's so lyrically beautiful. I mean, Dear Elliot is just so heartbreaking:

"Are we just dust on the floor again?

I thought we were on the mend"

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I fucking hate Brooklyn Baby. Her persona in it is unbearable.

I think the song is pretty much sarcastic. The verses are Lana being honest ('they judge me like a picture book/by the colours like they forgot to read') and the chorus is everyone's expectations of Lana - she is a 'Brooklyn baby', obsessed with America and tragedy. the ending is completely tongue in cheek and plays upon audience beliefs of Lana - she's self-assured and arrogant, according to their views.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

?????? because it's so lyrically beautiful. I mean, Dear Elliot is just so heartbreaking:

"Are we just dust on the floor again?

I thought we were on the mend"

And? The music is boring. B O R I N G. She has lyrically beautiful, non-boring music.

giphy.gif

I'm starting to get real bored with the whole red party dress/pale moonlight refrences now tbh

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I'm starting to get real bored with the whole red party dress/pale moonlight refrences now tbh

Unless she's going to go all the way and release Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight, I also am done with the pale moonlight stuff. The party dress is whatever. It's not my favoirte imagery, but it's just a lana quirk/trademark in my mind at this point

tZ7WN4B.gif