Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I think Chuck is a bad photographer for Lana  :whatever:

Preach tbh

Chuck dose sometimes -but very rarely- have an odd moment of greatness here and there but overall she's a very amateurish photographer.... 

I'm over the distaste I had for the HM cover now though tbh as overall it really suits the album's theme in the long run....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I haven't actually heard any of Honeymoon except what's been officially released (HM, MTWBT, TLY, HBTB, and the Freak snippet from the album sampler) but I was really hoping there would be a fast song or two on this album. I don't have a problem with an album being mostly slow but it's nice to have variety.

I'll decide my actual opinion on the album as a whole after I hear it but I just wanted to put this out there.

I love Lana and her music no matter what she looks like, but I can't help but miss her BTD era look. She used to look so fresh and youthful, while now she looks kinda... idk, mom-ish? And it seems to get worse with every era/year. I just can't stand her styling lately, it makes me sad. :defeated:

Out of the four singles we had from the album before we heard audio from UO, Honeymoon was my favourite. Now having heard MQ in-store, Honeymoon is still in my top 5. I don't understand the constant hate for it at all. Her vocals, her harmonies are beautiful. The simple production amplifies it. It's very jazzy and classic, and brings me back to a different time. Especially the last half of the song I think is exceptional.. "dreaming away your life.." It's one of my favourites off the record and I wished more people recognized its beauty.

Also - I don't want to set this in stone since I've only heard MQ, but I'm not too fond of Art Deco and I am extremely underwhelmed with Freak compared to the snippet.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

FREAK IS ONE OF MY LEAST FAVS OF THE ALBUM!!!!!!!!! There I said it, I hate that I don't like it more but really compared to the others... Begging that it grows on me

I really feel similar. It's maybe not a least favourite but.. I expected so much more and now it's not really doing much for me compared to the other songs.

Even though I like DLMBM as a cover (although I still feel like It's her weakest officially released cover), I think Swan Song would have been an excellent album closer.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

FREAK IS ONE OF MY LEAST FAVS OF THE ALBUM!!!!!!!!! There I said it, I hate that I don't like it more but really compared to the others... Begging that it grows on me

Mine too but now that we have better quality I will say I love all the layering and background vocals in the back. 

I'll tell you what is slaying me right now in this very moment DLMBM. I love it and I don't care what anybody has to say!

Thats OK, everyone likes different stuff.. this is really very different from her previous albums.

But yes, i find some songs are often real 'grow on you' kinda songs..flipside of that is,

sometimes a song you really love initially, flames out very fast too  LMFAO..

time will tell. :)

imo some of the songs would sound better with either Paradise or UV-kind of production  :poordat: i'm not really feeling the watered-down hybrid production. bring back auerbach and haynie

OoWc9Ul.gif