Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I like the middle part :creep: especially with the blonde hair, it feels very lizzy grant era. I can envision her recording the 1949 demo lookin like that

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

maybe Lana should do a collob with Gord from The Tragically Hip..

might not get another chance, sad news today.. they have had some great songwriting- 'Gift Shop', 'Ahead by a Century', 'the Hundreth Meridian'..

:O

tragic news about Gord, but it is nice to see he is going out on a final tour

and that he still has "Miles to go before he sleeps"

Not quite sure what type he has, but the damn thing is, one day there will be cures for all these things, but people still have to die until that time happens.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

What thread had the story about the Whale sound that whatshisname uses on some songs? (too lazy to figure out)

If your talking about what I think your talking about. The "whale" sound is actually an Auto -Tuned Loon that was sampled lots and lots by Emile Haynie on BTD.

So offended you would confuse me with that blubberbutt.

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

Idk if anyone else would agree or disagree, but I think Lana should do psychedelic rock on her next record.

Could you imagine a Lana x Stevie Nicks collab?

Or a Lana x Flaming Lips album?

Holy shit......

PNoV6l.gif

IMO I think that lana shouldn't stop performing songs from born to die: paradise edition and that paradise is her best work.

Edit: I also think Gods and Monsters is the best song she made

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

On 6/4/2016 at 7:02 PM, thatsomason said:

lucky ones and yayo say hello

Yayo says hello back

50615029508_5047bdd521_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I don't know where to post this messy post so i decided to post it here since the set list was posted here too.

This set list isn't even that bad if she would make some changes she could please her hard core fans more without leaving her signature songs out.

Cruel World

Cola

Blue Jeans

West Coast

Born To Die

i don't think she'll change them, she seems satisfied with those songs and their order. now i think she really does need to change her honeymoon segment tho

Honeymoon:

- it seems like a bit of a bore to me, the song was good at the bbc live lounge but it won't do good at festivals i believe. it's just too long and slow, the constant repetitions in the lyrics don't help. she should either cut the second verse or replace the song.

High By The Beach:

+ it's the first HM single so in theory it's a good song to perform live.

- however it doesn't sound good, so she either needs to rearrange it or drop it.

Freak: 

- cut it. it's not a song to sing that sounds good live, it's worse than hbtb.

my suggestions: hm songs that would fit into a festival, her set list and are way easier to arrange as a live performance.

Music To Watch Boys To:

+ Majority of the fans love the song

+ it has a video and was a promotional single so she could do this one instead of HBTB.

+ it would actually sound good live because the instrumental and vocal production aren't hard to recreate.

Salvatore:

+ it won't put the crows to sleep

+ it would probably sound good live and be fun for lana to perform (i guess).

+ wouldn't this also be a great opening song from the instrumental part? that's asking for too much of lana though, she probably won't change the first segment.

Religion or The Blackest Day:

+ it's from HM and they're two of the more exciting songs.

- GKIT Religion and TBD are all kind of the same type of songs so she should sing only one of them

Art Deco

+ it's a fan favourite

- i think it will sound awful live tho so 

24: 

+ she could sing this in the last segment between VG and Ride for example. 

Swan Song

+ would make sense as the last song

- it's too long and would probably bore the crowd.

My suggestions for the second and last segment, the songs in italics are songs that Lana brought back again so i don't think she'll drop them :

Music To Watch Boys To

Serial Killer

Carmen

Shades Of Cool

Religion / TBD

Ultraviolence

Summertime Sadness

Brooklyn Baby

Yayo / 24 

Video Games

Salvatore

Off To The Races

she should replace cruel world tho it's such a weird opener for a hm concert. she could also just use burnt norton as the intro.

i76mrxw.png 

- I hate the whole "sugar daddy/old men" memes and jokes on Lana that never dies, to me it was a mere concept she had for her songs and albums and it's over.. I find these jokes really really annoying

(Since most of the fans on social media joke about this I assume this is an unpopular opinion)

- I understand Lana ignoring her unreleased material, I kinda think she just music most of her music for herself first, so if she doesn't release it mostly likely she was just recording it for her own musical archive.

- I kinda believe Lana that she did nothing to her face, I don't find it useful to argue whether she did or not.

- I lost my shit when I discovered Lana was space and those theoretical physics lectures she linked to her hotline.

here is an unpopular opinion (to the haters this will be unpopular (LOL)

Sunday the Governor's ball cancelled the entire day due to extreme Thunderstorms and lightnight being predicted (with the possibility it would even be worse)

remember last year when the haters hated on Lana because the same situation rose in Texas?

Do we hear a peep of hatred against Kanye and the 25 other acts that were cancelled on?

Of course not.

(now perhaps the hatred should be to those Republicans in America  and anti-vaxxers across the world who do not believe in climate change and

eradicating childhood illness and other diseases)

(and btw, I have been in Nashville a few times when a tornado warning occurred, and had a major concert cancelled and people told to go to

a safe place, a few hours before the storm started, so people had a chance to travel safely back home.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp