Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

My unpopular opinions:

Lucky Ones is the best song on BTD.

The album version of Dark Paradise is annoying and melodramatic.

I don't care that Lana has become a caricature of herself because I think she should do what she wants with her career, in terms of her writing style and all. If she wants to fit a certain ideal in her mind, go for it. I like both albums and I enjoy the diversity between them.

I don't care that she isn't Lizzy Grant anymore. Every artist is going to/needs to evolve at some point, for themselves.

Also, guys, she has a nose job. It's so fucking obvious. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

I think her nose looked way better before she got it done. It still looks fine, though.

14417469274.gif

You're right, not enough people rate it as total shit.

351917l.gif

febfQ.gif

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I don't care that Lana has become a caricature of herself because I think she should do what she wants with her career, in terms of her writing style and all. If she wants to fit a certain ideal in her mind, go for it. I like both albums and I enjoy the diversity between them.

But there won't be any diversity if she just does the same images/themes/styles after Born to Die :oprah:

It's nice to love and be loved, but I'd rather hear her pre-Sirens album :excited:

Do you think Elizabeth is reading this thread right now over a cup of maple syrup lemonade, a plate of spaghetti, and a slice of cake?

Yes, only with a slice of spaghetti-cake, dipped to maple syrup lemonade, glimmering by the swimming pool too.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Do you think Elizabeth is reading this thread right now over a cup of maple syrup lemonade, a plate of spaghetti, and a slice of cake?

I think surely she must pay somebody to keep tabs on these sites. But only checks out a thread herself after a personal assistant tells her, "Hey, come take a look, you're gonna love this/be totally pissed..." Once she gets a vacation though, who knows? :teehee:

No, probably not

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Guest Chloe

Maybe some coffee and pie, also:') I bet she is

Guest Chloe

Gawd, she must hate us all and wish for us to get lives.

The amount of stuff we know about her is just a little weird.. I doubt she knows that much about anyone:')

Okay, here's my unpopular opinion.

"Carmen" is the best song on Born to Die. If it wasn't for that song I probably wouldn't love Lana as much as I do right now. When I first heard that song, it gave me chills and the image of Felix Cane slowly dropping down the pole as Lana says, "Darlin' Darlin' Doesn't have a problem" is permanently embedded into my mind. "Carmen" is genius lyrically, proudction wise,and the music video is flawless. It's a brilliant song. I've read tons of comments on Tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube and other websites that just really hate "Carmen" and wish it was kicked off of Born to Die, I could never picture that. "Carmen" just brings me into a David Lynch film, Laura Palmer's secret life, and even the production screams David Lynch for Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet. It's the one song from Lana that honestly blows me away every time I listen to it. I've replayed it nearly 800 times on my iTunes since I first heard it in May and just can't get enough. It's the one song off Born to Die I relate to, not because I'm a druggie or wild child, but it really experiments with the idea that everybody looks fine on the outside but really is crumbling apart early on in their lives.

It's just my view, "Carmen" will always be the song that saved Born to Die for me. Born to Die and Video Games took me over a month to get into.

Or is she among us? Beware, Lana stans! Look at what happened to lanadelrey.fm and CG, then Ahmed, that's what the future holds for us all: The curse of Lana's past :creepy:

:derpna2:

But there won't be any diversity if she just does the same images/themes/styles after Born to Die :oprah:

Fair point, but reread this.

I don't care that she isn't Lizzy Grant anymore. Every artist is going to/needs to evolve at some point, for themselves.

She evolved from her Lizzy Grant era, I'm sure she'll evolve from her BTD era, too. Most artists do, pretty much every artist does, I'd say.

14417469274.gif

God, after reading those 7 pages I started to wonder why am I a fan of hers...

*I love Lana, I'm a fan of hers, trying to remember*

My unpopular opinion of her:

She comes across boring in interview, she always says the same things, sometimes it feels like I'm listening to a record on repeat.

Her song writing skills like her live performances are inconsistent - she can do great but she can also do bad.

Some of her comments may seem shallow "I just like gold, diamonds and fur".

LDR might have been just an exotic and beautiful name at first, but the more it goes the more she's building up a persona because..

.. She's a stubborn, she said things in the past and will never admit that some of it were BS - we got to live w/ that *till the end of time*.

Other than that I really like her. Her weirdness and all the thing I said above are what makes her human and likable. Perfection doesn't exist and is boring if it does. I always cringe when someone says she's perfect.

up45I.gif

I love Damn You is so fucking amazing and make me cry

I want her to write for Britney Spears

I wish people stop trying to make her firends with Gaga

She is better than Adele

I hate her lips sometimes

I hate how people think they are so underground & Indie people just to listen to her

*deal with my opinions

tumblr_magp5hPlsd1qhgj0co1_250.gif

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

I'll choose this thread to make my Lana confessions, but I don't actually think they're unpopular opinions at all:

I used to hate the big beauty queen hair so, so, much and wanted Lana to change it it up BUT NOW THAT SHE HAS IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT AND I REGRET ALL THOSE HORRID THINGS I EVER SAID ABOUT HER BIG HAIR ; _ ;

And I also used to really, really push for Lana to have black hair like yours truly... BUT THAT DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT EITHER. ; _ ;

(At this rate, I feel like in a few months I'll be making a post regretting my rant about her songwriting and begging her to continue with BTD-era-esque lyrics...)

I'll choose this thread to make my Lana confessions, but I don't actually think they're unpopular opinions at all:

I used to hate the big beauty queen hair so, so, much and wanted Lana to change it it up BUT NOW THAT SHE HAS IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT AND I REGRET ALL THOSE HORRID THINGS I EVER SAID ABOUT HER BIG HAIR ; _ ;

And I also used to really, really push for Lana to have black hair like yours truly... BUT THAT DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT EITHER. ; _ ;

(At this rate, I feel like in a few months I'll be making a post regretting my rant about her songwriting and begging her to continue with BTD-era-esque lyrics...)

lmao!

Tried to resist getting into this thread, but finally gave in. Here are some things that bug me about Lana.

1. Her lack of effort in preparing for live performances. In particular not using backing singers (given that all the songs in BTD have layering and loop back vocals), and inconsistent use of ear monitors.

2. Her using the exactly the same list of songs in exactly the same order for all of her concerts was really irritating (I attended two of the NY shows and felt like I was watching exactly the same show). Just changing the order of songs (and preferably cycling in one new song) would have introduced some spontaneity and made the shows more exciting.

3. I find her reluctance to do encores irritating, and really do not understand her philosophical resistance to it.

4. I really do not like her smoking. We know that smoking can destroy your voice and as a singer that is really stupid.

5. I think she has taken the mystery aspect of her background a bit too far, particularly as it leads her to trip up on facts e.g. her birthdate.

6. Not being sufficiently thoughtful and speaking in similar clichés in multiple interviews.

On the other hand I have no problem with her appearance and I think she looks her age (saw her up close at the concert). I think constant dyeing may not be good for her hair but I don’t know much about such things. I also don’t think she had surgery on her face, and the reason her face looks different now is that she has lost significant amounts of weight (maybe when she was on the maple syrup/coffee diet in London), and the reason her lips look plumper is that she uses cayenne pepper. I am amazed at the number of songs she has written, and find the lyrics intriguing and interesting. Most amazingly, I have not been so smitten with an entertainer before, and I find her endlessly fascinating.