Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I LOVE Lana's bangs  :teehee: obviously when they are well kept lol

0ad7d99da9e526608e6b1f1c727a6ddf.jpgphotoshoot%2Bcd%2Bhoneymoon%2Blana%2Bdel 

Yes she was so freaking cute in that insta video where she was reading outside. Thats kinda why i loved the Honeymoon aesthetic, but in some parts of the MTWBT video the bangs growing out were atrocious 

Dark Paradise sounds so bad and outdated, I can't believe it's an actual single

Dark Paradise is a good track, especially the radio version. Would have had great single potential if it was released on a bigger scale with more promo

The radio mix is better than the album version. Also, where Dark Paradise was released, it still got more airplay than any single that came after it. West Coast and Young & Beautiful wish.  :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

i don't mind lana's covers, i absolutely adore TOW

idk a non acoustic version of 1949, never met her

i think (so far) uv is her best album, but era wise i think btd/paradise was the best. this new lfl era is already so exciting, i think its gonna be so great!! tbh i think it's gonna top btd for me. i love the theme, the album trailer reminds me of the "intro" to the tower of terror ride at disney, like the video you watch in the library/study room, plus bewitched and the twilight zone itself, and her own personal hollywood-noir type vibe (esp w the peg entwistle thing, it totally reminds me of the lyrics "glamorous and green old part of hollywood")

the hollywood side of lana is something i didn't realize i had been missing lol

UbsOye5.png

I really miss Nicole's work, I suppose she doesn't fit Lana's aesthetic anymore, but it'd be really nice to have another photoshoot for a magazine or something. It's actually kinda weird though, I mean Lana used Nicole quite often, she's done plenty of photoshoots all the way from 2010-2013, 2 album covers, various single covers and then all of a sudden nothing (again it may have to just do with the aesthetic of the album and era itself, especially with something like UV). But, perhaps with this era, she could do something as in my opinion, she's one of the people that really know how to bring out some of Lana's best photos.

Also, I really hope she goes back to her side part. :angie:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

The girls in the video seem more like they are hallucinations caused by Lana and FJM taking drugs, not really like they are supposed to be cult wives.

Ppl here are so stuck up with the cult idea ... obviously there are cult influences but nothing in the video actually seems like there is a plot about some sort of cult. The anticlimatic way the Freak video was cut is not really helping

I mean the Kool-Aid in the cup Lana is drinking is a pretty direct reference to Jonestown suicides (not to mention it was meant for UV video and the leader of the cult was Jim Jones but I got you girl that's a pretty big stretch in terms of plot) but who am I to judge what other fans say :lolliney:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I mean the Kool-Aid in the cup Lana is drinking is a pretty direct reference to Jonestown suicides (not to mention it was meant for UV video and the leader of the cult was Jim Jones but I got you girl that's a pretty big stretch in terms of plot) but who am I to judge what other fans say :lolliney:

Yeah, it's a REFERENCE but nothing that happens is cultish. I'm pretty sure the original UV video would have included some different scenes. The Freak video literally repeats scenes from the first verse during the bridge, the scenes during the second verse don't make sense and the second chorus looks like a gif. There were definitly parts that were not used, so there was probably a different plot. But the Freak video we actually got has cult REFERENCES but the plot seems to be that they hallucinate after drinking the kool Aid - esque drink. And those hallucibations are the girls

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Freak video could be better but the whole thing was made using "scraps" so.... The "original" thing with Ultraviolence probably had a fuller concept etc etc etc.

Always found funny that Lana is not "miming" the song, she probably used scenes that she wasn't mimin' the original song so... just think about how much footage wasn't discarded\couldn't be used at all lol :rip: 

also idk if this is unpopular opinion but I like "Lust for Life" way WAY WAY more than "Best American Record".

I like a lot of Lana's unreleased songs but I just don't like Angels Forever, Forever Angels.

The most unpopular Lana opinion I have ever read...

i genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, think that pinup galore is one of the bet songs ever created

it's absolute breathtaking perfection

I have a disco ball mind, lights flashing all of the time, I wanna die, I wanna die..... :twirls:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I know it's shallow but... I don't like thin winged eyeliner :um3: Other than that she looks beautiful.

I liked the thin wings in the Love video (it was fresh and more 'natural' which suited) but DAMN i wanted stronger eyeliner for the LFL trailer