Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I don't get all the hype for 13 beaches. I see people calling it Lana's best song and best on the album but it doesnt say anything to me tbh, i always skip it

giphy.gif

Not sure how "unpopular" this opinion is - but I think the best thing Lana's done is Paradise.  I feel like her songwriting, singing, the production, and the overall tone has never been matched before or since.  Songs like Ride, Cola, Gods and Monsters, Body Electric.... unbeatable.

26vMNDz.gif

Not sure how "unpopular" this opinion is - but I think the best thing Lana's done is Paradise.  I feel like her songwriting, singing, the production, and the overall tone has never been matched before or since.  Songs like Ride, Cola, Gods and Monsters, Body Electric.... unbeatable.

Absolutely agree. That's why it's my favorite album. Also I think Yayo was her best vocal work she's ever done.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

"Also, since I'm on the topic of MV's, I can't stand watching Freak just knowing it was the original UV video. Like, no matter how much editing goes in, it will always fit UV better. I wish somehow, all the recording done for it or just the video itself (if it was edited) would leak. Only in my dreams."

Where did you hear the Freak video was meant for Ultraviolence?  There is a video from Ultraviolence, did she shoot a 2nd one?  And then wait to use it for Freak?  Sounds pretty unlikely to me.

26vMNDz.gif

"Also, since I'm on the topic of MV's, I can't stand watching Freak just knowing it was the original UV video. Like, no matter how much editing goes in, it will always fit UV better. I wish somehow, all the recording done for it or just the video itself (if it was edited) would leak. Only in my dreams."

Where did you hear the Freak video was meant for Ultraviolence?  There is a video from Ultraviolence, did she shoot a 2nd one?  And then wait to use it for Freak?  Sounds pretty unlikely to me.

Its well known that the Freak footage was meant for a UV video hun 

There are several elements that indicate the footage used for the Freak video was meant for the Ultraviolence one, like this picture where you can also see there's written "Ultraviolence" on the clapperboard other than the date if I'm right (2014)

CdxqKVlUYAAEaM4.jpg

Also Father John Misty said this during an interview in 2016:

I filmed the ‘Freak’ video two years ago. It was supposed to be the video for something else.

For some reason the footage wasn't used for Ultraviolence, apparently because it could cause even more controversy.

✧・゚:* ヽ(*・ω・)ノ*:・゚✧

I really get a vibe that Lana isn't as proud of this record as the past ones. I don't know why but it isn't autobiographical and she just doesn't seem as close to it.

I feel like it's an album she made to please everyone else. Not just the fans but the media, critics etc. Even if it's not obvious but I too get the vibe that Lana isn't that connected to it.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Coachella is a good song. I really enjoy it and it was probably my most listened to out of the singles that were released before the entire album was released. The quality does sound subpar compared to the rest of the album, but I enjoy it and I think the story of the song is unique and nice (comparing Woodstock and the problems the world faced then with Coachella, the problems the world is facing today, and worrying about the futures of children while you're supposed to be celebrating).

I really get a vibe that Lana isn't as proud of this record as the past ones. I don't know why but it isn't autobiographical and she just doesn't seem as close to it.

I'm not sure if she's proud of it, but it definitely seems like she's more disconnected from this album for some reason. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

So I know that everyone is very over talking about her cosmetic enhancements but pls bear with me. 

Consider that we have this murky backstory about her dabbling in drugs/addiction to drugs prior to her fame...

Could it be that the drugs thinned out her face, and the fillers are in place to return her face to normalcy as opposed to enhancement ? ... this being why she is reluctant to talk about it? i.e. bringing up bad memories

I apologise if you didn't want to read about this, but i've just been listening to Heroin allot and it got me thinking. 

I'm tired of Cruel World being an opener for her shows.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif