Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Guest Maru the Cat

Not being sufficiently thoughtful and speaking in similar clichés in multiple interviews.

I think Lana can be accused of not being many things, although "sufficiently thoughtful" isn't one of them. *shrugs* I do agree with the latter part of your statement though.

More things I thought of:

Again, (not an unpopular Lana opinion, but a plea: Can people stop saying she has a degree in metaphysics? I don't even think Lana herself has once said she has a degree in it.

She keeps dropping Nabokov and Whitman and Ginsberg and that's all very well and nice, but I need her to talk more about things like this:

Forbidden Gates: How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, and Human Enhancement Herald The Dawn Of TechnoDimensional Spiritual Warfare by Tom and Nita Horn: An easy way to become familiar with some of the major advances we’re making each year. It’s 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing—from understanding cybernetics, to learning that living organisms are now being created synthetically. In my world, life has always been more than music and art; it’s about science and understanding where we come from.

Source

I remember being as happy as a clam kitty when I first read this and it still makes me really, really happy. :3 I think it's actually one of my favourite things Lana has ever said! :3 (Another is "I don't many things, but I don't know about that"). Lana and I could have sleepovers and we could braid each other's hair and talk about returning blood cells to their stem cell state and cracking DNA storage and its potential as a storage medium and the discovery of an ancient galaxy that totally uproots common beliefs held in the astronomy community, and who's cuter, Neil or Brian (I'd argue Neil because he looks like a super-huggable teddy bear, Lana would argue Brian because he has a Jimmy Gnecco-esque thing going on) and she would ask why I'm not pursuing the math degree that I actually intended to get and I'd get upset and clam up because that's a touchy subject for me, and she would tsk and give me a knowing look and then I'd retaliate by asking her what's up with K and then she'd look at me, hurt, with mascara running down her little bambi eyes and roll on her other side, away from me, tugging the quilt with her and leaving me cold and blanket-less in the dark, our fun cut short and the silence loud and deafening.

(._. )

I remember being as happy as a clam kitty when I first read this and it still makes me really, really happy. :3 I think it's actually one of my favourite things Lana has ever said! :3 (Another is "I don't many things, but I don't know about that"). Lana and I could have sleepovers and we could braid each other's hair and talk about returning blood cells to their stem cell state and cracking DNA storage and its potential as a storage medium and the discovery of an ancient galaxy that totally uproots common beliefs held in the astronomy community, and who's cuter, Neil or Brian (I'd argue Neil because he looks like a super-huggable teddy bear, Lana would argue Brian because he has a Jimmy Gnecco-esque thing going on) and she would ask why I'm not pursuing the math degree that I actually intended to get and I'd get upset and clam up because that's a touchy subject for me, and she would tsk and give me a knowing look and then I'd retaliate by asking her what's up with K and then she'd look at me, hurt, with mascara running down her little bambi eyes and roll on her other side, away from me, tugging the quilt with her and leaving me cold and blanket-less in the dark, our fun cut short and the silence loud and deafening.

(._. )

WHY CAN'T I LIKE THIS POST IT IS SO PERFECT.

Anyway. Guys. PLEASE.

Lana. Has. Lip. Injections. Her lips didn't inflate because she gave a thousand blow jobs. They didn't plump up that much from cayenne pepper. She. Got. Lip. Injections. Look at old pictures of her, and then look at ones from the Vogue photoshoot. It is so obvious that I am in physical pain every time I see someone make up an excuse for why her lips are naturally that big. Seriously. Please use your brains here. Lana has lied about a lot already so what makes you think she isn't lying about her lips? She got a nose job, too. Seriously guys.

14417469274.gif

Guest Chloe

Anyway. Guys. PLEASE.

Lana. Has. Lip. Injections. Her lips didn't inflate because she gave a thousand blow jobs. They didn't plump up that much from cayenne pepper. She. Got. Lip. Injections. Look at old pictures of her, and then look at ones from the Vogue photoshoot. It is so obvious that I am in physical pain every time I see someone make up an excuse for why her lips are naturally that big. Seriously. Please use your brains here. Lana has lied about a lot already so what makes you think she isn't lying about her lips? She got a nose job, too. Seriously guys.

THIS

Thank you, it drives me insane when people deny it. We're not insulting her for it, it's just stating facts!

THIS

Thank you, it drives me insane when people deny it. We're not insulting her for it, it's just stating facts!

WHY CAN'T I LIKE THIS POST IT IS SO PERFECT.

Anyway. Guys. PLEASE.

I was kiding about the bjbs...We can't deny that she did collagen and a nose jobe...But it's her choice

tumblr_mhzjal5z1N1rab19lo1_1280.png

THIS

Don't want to start an argument, but it is presumptuous in the extreme to state that she has had lip injections and a nose job. You may think so, that is your right, but you cannot state that you know it is a fact. I agree that she looks different but I think there is something about her that makes her face look very different at different times. I think how her face looked at the David Letterman show, is very different from how her face looks now, this summer, and we all agree that she did not have plastic surgery this year, right?. I do think she has lost significant weight from like 2008/2009 (I was quite shocked to see how skinny she was at the concert) and that would make her face and nose seem narrower.

But whatever, if you read what I wrote, I was just stating what I believed, don't want to force it down your throat, but neither should you.

Don't want to start an argument, but it is presumptuous in the extreme to state that she has had lip injections and a nose job. You may think so, that is your right, but you cannot state that you know it is a fact. I agree that she looks different but I think there is something about her that makes her face look very different at different times. I think how her face looked at the David Letterman show, is very different from how her face looks now, this summer, and we all agree that she did not have plastic surgery this year, right?. I do think she has lost significant weight from like 2008/2009 (I was quite shocked to see how skinny she was at the concert) and that would make her face and nose seem narrower.

But whatever, if you read what I wrote, I was just stating what I believed, don't want to force it down your throat, but neither should you.

I understand what you're saying, but stating an obvious difference in her face from Point A in time to Point B in time is not shoving our opinions down anyone's throat. There is a difference in the way her nose is sloped now to the way it wasn't sloped a few years ago (the bridge of her nose, specifically). Losing weight doesn't change the slope of someone's nose. Of course we can't prove that she got the surgery, but it's common sense when you look at her then and now. Seeing old pictures of her lips compared to newer pictures, it's really obvious that she's gotten injections. I'm not trying to be pushy or forcing of my beliefs; they aren't beliefs. It's like if someone had a flat tire and they got it pumped with air. If someone else says that the tire naturally refilled itself with air, that's wrong. Telling someone that the tire was pumped with air isn't shoving beliefs in anyone's face, it's stating the obvious. I'm not intending to come off pushy or mean, I'm just tired of people making excuses as to why Lana's lips are natural when they so-obviously aren't.

Edit: Also, I have no problem with her having plastic surgery, I'm just irritated with how people deny the obvious because they love her too much, or something. I think she looks fine now, and she should do whatever she wants with her body!

14417469274.gif

Bill has had it. Sam amicably reminds us of the importance of scientific rigor. Bill counters with a flat tire analogy to illustrate his point about objective reality.

Where is my goddamn maple syrup lemonade?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Guest Chloe

I prefer Lana's uptempo songs which sound more 'mainstream', to those slow and very alternative ones..

Guest Maru the Cat

I never thought I'd post this but:

PLEASE WORK WITH MAX MARTIN.

"Damn You" is awful. It's overproduced, but at the same time under-orchestrated.

It's not even well written.

Also, "Delicious" is morbidly repulsive. "Big Bad Wolf" isn't much better.

Finally, "Smarty" is over-rated.

Guest Chloe

I never thought I'd post this but:

PLEASE WORK WITH MAX MARTIN.

YES

I'm gonna get hate for this but oh well...

I can imagine him making her songs a tiny bit Ke$ha ish.. I know Max has done other stuff, but I love what he does to Ke$ha music!

Something like Go Go Dancer.. *dies*

Guest Maru the Cat

YES

I'm gonna get hate for this but oh well...

I can imagine him making her songs a tiny bit Ke$ha ish.. I know Max has done other stuff, but I love what he does to Ke$ha music!

Something like Go Go Dancer.. *dies*

AN ALBUM OF GO-GO-DANCER-ESQUE SONGS PRODUCED BY MAX MARTIN WOULD MAKE MY LIFE. YOU ARE GETTING NO HATE FROM ME FOR THIS AMAZING POST.

Guest Chloe

AN ALBUM OF GO-GO-DANCER-ESQUE SONGS PRODUCED BY MAX MARTIN WOULD MAKE MY LIFE. YOU ARE GETTING NO HATE FROM ME FOR THIS AMAZING POST.

LANA'S UPBEAT AND KIND OF MAINSTREAM SONGS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE OTHER STUFF. IMAGINE LANA'S VOCALS AND SONGS WITH KE$HA-ESQUE PRODUCTION BY MAX, OH MY GOD. GO GO DANCER IS 10000 TIMES BETTER THAN THOSE SLOW SONGS WHERE LANA SOUNDS ALL BREATHY. THANK GOD SOMEONE SHARES MY OPINIONNNNN

Guest MissDaytona

nOOoo we need an equal mix of sadcore w/ d fun stuff. like i for one cannot listen to 'this is what makes us girls' its so annoying. but throw something like 'daddy issues' and im there

Guest Maru the Cat

nOOoo we need an equal mix of sadcore w/ d fun stuff. like i for one cannot listen to 'this is what makes us girls' its so annoying. but throw something like 'daddy issues' and im there

WHO IS THIS PERSON? LET'S KICK HER OUT OF THE THREAD FOR NOT AGREEING WITH US