Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I don't like to put down others but... 

The only thing uglier than that the Blurt shoot (specially the pics where she's sitting in the chair looking like a methed up Chef Anne Burrell) is that ugly ass mess she did in the cornfield with that ugly ass hat

that was a wild ride through those links lmao

and you're not wrong

it's just the way i feel

I don't like to put down others but...

The only thing uglier than that the Blurt shoot (specially the pics where she's sitting in the chair looking like a methed up Chef Anne Burrell) is that ugly ass mess she did in the cornfield with that ugly ass hat.

That’s the first time I’ve seen that pic from the Blurt shoot and it reminds me vaguely of my grandmother because she has big blonde hair like that :toofunny: :toofunny:

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I am not that excited about the music from NFR. The songs are okay, but they are overall lackluster and don't have what made Lana's music special to me.

Yeah same, and I don't know if it's just the snippets she's choosing to release, but the LFL snippets were better than this, and we didn't even end up loving that album too much...

Ooh unpopular opinions??

Her lyrics were original and charming in AKA, everything she said really painted a picture and I feel like she slowly lost that charm in her songwriting over time. Although I adore UV, Black Beauty is when her lyricism was at its worst, there is not a single interesting lyric in the whole thing, it’s like she wasn’t even trying. I think Honeymoon and NFR is a return to her more out of the box type of songwriting ((I have no clue wtf happened with LFL tho))

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

I don't like pretty when you cry live

I mean she is serving vocals but the songs loses its melancholy and desperation I feel listening to the original

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Ooh unpopular opinions??

Her lyrics were original and charming in AKA, everything she said really painted a picture and I feel like she slowly lost that charm in her songwriting over time. Although I adore UV, Black Beauty is when her lyricism was at its worst, there is not a single interesting lyric in the whole thing, it’s like she wasn’t even trying. I think Honeymoon and NFR is a return to her more out of the box type of songwriting ((I have no clue wtf happened with LFL tho))

I keep my lips red, to seem like cherries in the spring

Darling you can't let everything

Seem so daaaaaark blue

tenor.gif?itemid=5128058

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I keep my lips red, to seem like cherries in the spring

Darling you can't let everything

Seem so daaaaaark blue

tenor.gif?itemid=5128058

I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT LINE WHEN I READ THAT POST LOL

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Paradise Edition: (these may not be unpopular, i'm just saying my opinion)

• umm how was American not scrapped? the lyrics and vocals just sound so bad to me. seems like a filler song
  • Blue Velvet was bland and boring, emotionless.
  • most of Ride feels static. Next.
  • Lana's performance of Body Electric live at the 2012 iTunes Festival is incredible. One of my favorite live recordings of her. The strings, just beautiful.
  • We can all agree that AKA Yayo is better
  • The sound of the children playing in Bel Air feels pure and I feel like all my troubles disappear when I hear it
  • Born to Die and Paradise are so over-produced and heavy, I would love the album so much more if it was stripped down, closer to the demo versions. It sounds so overly-refined and that SHOUTING SOUND IS SO ANNOYING OH MY GOD ITS EMBARRASSING. That's why her unreleased music appeals to me so much because usually it's stripped down and more raw. 

:lanahairflip3:

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

So recently I just rediscovered the live version of Body Electric @ Hackney, the very first time she sang it before it was released.

Anyways, that live version is better than the recorded. I know her vocals are pretty bad, but that's the charm for me.

Paradise Edition: (these may not be unpopular, i'm just saying my opinion)

• umm how was American not scrapped? the lyrics and vocals just sound so bad to me. seems like a filler song
  • Blue Velvet was bland and boring, emotionless.
  • most of Ride feels static. Next.
  • Lana's performance of Body Electric live at the 2012 iTunes Festival is incredible. One of my favorite live recordings of her. The strings, just beautiful.
  • We can all agree that AKA Yayo is better
  • The sound of the children playing in Bel Air feels pure and I feel like all my troubles disappear when I hear it
  • Born to Die and Paradise are so over-produced and heavy, I would love the album so much more if it was stripped down, closer to the demo versions. It sounds so overly-refined and that SHOUTING SOUND IS SO ANNOYING OH MY GOD ITS EMBARRASSING. That's why her unreleased music appeals to me so much because usually it's stripped down and more raw. 

:lanahairflip3:

We have similar opinions!

*Bel Air was so beautiful and whimsical when I first heard it

* Honestly, I used to love American but then listening to it again, it's pretty cringey. I think I loved it when I was 15 was bc it reminded me of a boy that I thought I was in love with lol

* I could never get into Blue Velvet

* Body Electric live sounds much better, you right

*The screams. I CAAAAAANNNNT *still love those tracks

American is a really great song. Like, in my top 3 released Lana songs great

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

“the shouting sound” i’m sorry do you mean rick fucking james??? the btd and paradise slander i can’t. clearly y’all don’t get her vision and that’s okay but those records are perfect just the way they are. the changes y’all want would've made them far less special

anyways i wish she would bring back her btd/paradise whale live vocals.... i love them so much

UbsOye5.png

“the shouting sound” i’m sorry do you mean rick fucking james??? the btd and paradise slander i can’t. clearly y’all don’t get her vision and that’s okay but those records are perfect just the way they are. the changes y’all want would've made them far less special

anyways i wish she would bring back her btd/paradise whale live vocals.... i love them so much

Wooah I had no idea the screaming sounds were Rick James? I've been trying to figure that out for years lol

I said this a couple of pages back but imma say it again to make it loud and clear:

:squidward: YAYO PARADISE VERSION IS THE BEST VERSION :squidward:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I said this a couple of pages back but imma say it again to make it loud and clear:

:squidward: IN MY OPINION, YAYO PARADISE VERSION IS THE BEST VERSION

THIS IS NOT A FACT, JUST MY OPINION.    :squidward:

Damn, okay

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***