Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I have heard new of a Kanye diss in The Greatest. It seems ridiculous that she would include that. Like... why is she so focused on Kanye's support of Trump? Why isn't she discussing anyone else's support of him? I know they have issues or whatever and Trump is shit, but like, stop lol. 

she is saying that the culture/music industry is facing a great loss of a talented musician who has gone "blind" supporting trump. as a fan of kanye's music, i can understand where shes coming from.

if she didn't scrap the best songs from the ultraviolence era it would've been legendary 

FUCK imagine YTH, Wild On You, Fine China and Your Girl included on there... like did she REALLY need to give Guns and Roses a spot? Mess luv.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Y'all, I get what she's saying in the line, but it's still wack lol

The Kayne line is so corny lmao how’s she gonna call out ArTisTs oF gEnErAtiOnS when she glorifies woman beater John Lennon

This! She's so selective with this stuff.

Elvis? Abusive, stole music from black artists, married a 14 year old in his mid 20s

(which reminds me of Lolita stuff... and... gross, she's a 12 year old incest victim, why does she romanticize that?)

Lou Reed? Abusive, sexist, antisemitic, racist, homophobic

Axl Rose? Abusive, racist, sexist 

John Lennon? Child abuse, wife abuser, sexist, antisemitic, homophobic

She sure does love protecting certain men's legacies  :dmd:

and before anyone's like "but they're some of the greatest artists of all time" - You can be an important figure in music history and still be a piece of shit.

"Things were different back then" I mean, in some ways sure, but that's not an excuse for their actions. Other people were well aware abuse and bigotry were wrong, they have every chance to learn too. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Elvis? Abusive, stole music from black artists, married a 14 year old in his mid 20s

(which reminds me of Lolita stuff... and... gross, she's a 12 year old incest victim, why does she romanticize that?)

She sure does love protecting certain men's legacies :dmd:

and before anyone's like "but they're some of the greatest artists of all time" - You can be an important figure in music history and still be a piece of shit.

"Things were different back then" I mean, in some ways sure, but that's not an excuse for their actions. Other people were well aware abuse and bigotry were wrong, they have every chance to learn too.

It's very annoying and her interviews nowadays are quite pre-planned due to her never getting over the Guardian interview/other confronting questions so you know no journalist will ever be able to ask her about these things, despite Lana trying to portray a more "woke" guise. They're more "interested" in what Gucci perfume she wears :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I'm shook I never knew this 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

guys can you please give me any source about Lennon being abuser? i really need that 

:smile3:

guys can you please give me any source about Lennon being abuser? i really need that 

He admitted it himself in his 1980 interview with Playboy (I believe?), among other outlets. The line "I used to be cruel to my woman and beat her" in Getting Better wasn't fictional, he touches on that himself. You can find those excerpts on YouTube, there are plenty. John had a very ugly temper. 

Julian Lennon often talks about how Sean Ono Lennon is biased when it comes to their father so how poetic that Lana collaborated with Sean. Great quote from Julian also:

"I have to say that, from my point of view, I felt he was a hypocrite. Dad could talk about peace and love out loud to the world but he could never show it to the people who supposedly meant the most to him: his wife and son. How can you talk about peace and love and have a family in bits and pieces - no communication, adultery, divorce? You can't do it, not if you're being true and honest with yourself."

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I can't link because my internet is shit rn and nothing wants to load, but it's fairly common knowledge. If I remember correctly, Julian did an interview a few years ago where he talked about the abuse and neglect. It's also been accounted for several times over the years in various biographies where they interviewed people close to John, I'm fairly certain The Lives Of John Lennon discussed incidences throughout several relationships & marriages. I know at one point John discussed it himself and somewhat showed signs of sympathy during the interview, but there were still accounts of abuse against Yoko after the interview. 

He admitted it himself in his 1980 interview with Playboy (I believe?), among other outlets. The line "I used to be cruel to my woman and beat her" in Getting Better wasn't fictional, he touches on that himself. You can find those excerpts on YouTube, there are plenty. John had a very ugly temper. 

Julian Lennon often talks about how Sean Ono Lennon is biased when it comes to their father so how poetic that Lana collaborated with Sean. Great quote from Julian also:

"I have to say that, from my point of view, I felt he was a hypocrite. Dad could talk about peace and love out loud to the world but he could never show it to the people who supposedly meant the most to him: his wife and son. How can you talk about peace and love and have a family in bits and pieces - no communication, adultery, divorce? You can't do it, not if you're being true and honest with yourself."

I can't link because my internet is shit rn and nothing wants to load, but it's fairly common knowledge. If I remember correctly, Julian did an interview a few years ago where he talked about the abuse and neglect. It's also been accounted for several times over the years in various biographies where they interviewed people close to John, I'm fairly certain The Lives Of John Lennon discussed incidences throughout several relationships & marriages. I know at one point John discussed it himself and somewhat showed signs of sympathy during the interview, but there were still accounts of abuse against Yoko after the interview. 

thank u guys you're the best!

yes it was so easy to find a source that can tell he's abuser 

but what i meant was being antisemitic, i couldn't find any source 

:smile3:

thank u guys you're the best!

yes it was so easy to find a source that can tell he's abuser 

but what i meant was being antisemitic, i couldn't find any source 

I know he was antisemitic and homophobic towards their manager Brian . He discussed his experiences a few times in The Life Of John Lennon, so that might really be a good place for you to learn more about John's behaviors in depth from people who spent years around him. It's also something that's common knowledge among most Jewish folks I know. Everyone knows someone in their family or community who either went to shows or lived in NY when John was there and all of them agree he said antisemitic stuff and had a really negative attitude towards anyone who was visibly Jewish. First & second hand accounts aren't always the most reliable (not that their stories aren't reliable, but memories and retellings can mess stories up over time) but I've heard too many stories over the years to not believe it you know? 

This will be extremely unpopular, possibly as unpopular as my opinions about the swearing in Cherry, but:

I really don't like "the culture's lit" lyric in The Greatest. I think it detracts from the beautiful, serious tone that the rest of the song has, and I think it's only there because it rhymes with the next line ("and if this is it").

I don’t think there is any hidden meaning, or if there is, it’s so hidden that that lyric sticks out like a sore thumb.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

This will be extremely unpopular, possibly as unpopular as my opinions about the swearing in Cherry, but:

I really don't like "the culture's lit" lyric in The Greatest. I think it detracts from the beautiful, serious tone that the rest of the song has, and I think it's only there because it rhymes with the next line ("and if this is it").

I don’t think there is any hidden meaning, or if there is, it’s so hidden that that lyric sticks out like a sore thumb.

hard agree, it really cheapens the song imo

it's just the way i feel