Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I don't find this cute or funny. I find it disrespectful and immature. Like, you're accepting an award. Grow up, put the fucking vape down for 20 seconds, and say something that isn't basic af, or that at least isn't peppered with "fucking"s. You're a fucking writer.

https://twitter.com/MusicWeek/status/1184518725233528833

Two things she can't let go of: her vaping and the word "fuck". 

I don't find this cute or funny. I find it disrespectful and immature. Like, you're accepting an award. Grow up, put the fucking vape down for 20 seconds, and say something that isn't basic af, or that at least isn't peppered with "fucking"s. You're a fucking writer.

that's actually pretty embarrassing tbh  :facepalm: there are instances (like this one) where you have to present yourself in a serious manner (or you can't expect other people to take you seriously at times)

Exactly. She clearly wants people to take her seriously but lately, it's as if everything is a joke to her. And people think this woman should win a Grammy.  :awk:

Imagine she wins a Grammy and throws F Bombs in her speech? I can picture it. 

She acts like a cool aunt

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I hate how she and especially her fandom push this romanticised "the other woman" narrative. If you are aware that your lover is cheating on his/her partner you are just as disgusting as the cheater himself.

Thank you! I've said this before and got ridiculed lol.

She acts like a cool aunt

I feel like Lana used to be so effortlessly cool, especially during the Born To Die era. But now she kind of lost her "mystic"/mysterious aura.

As someone who hasn't seen Lana live and who doesn't watch videos of her concerts, I would like to see her sing Off to the Races. It seems like it could be such an explosive crazy performance, but how some people make it sound... idek. I just wish she would put effort into something, anything.

I saw it at the 'Endless Summer' in Toronto. It was probably the most noticeably back tracked song (w/ vocals), but it really showcased the band for those of us who couldn't take selfies with her in the front row. 

She opened that show with 'Cruel World' and sang her goddamn heart out. Wasn't a perfect show, but at the same time in retrospect everything about it makes perfect sense. 

Also fuck awards and fuck grammys. I hope she doesn't win just so jack antonoff can cry about it 

Summer Bummer is deeply underrated - I understand why much of the fandom wouldn't appreciate it because of how heavily hip-hop it is, but I think it's this brilliant combination of dark yet charming, light yet heavy, hard-hitting yet laidback. It's danceable and a real summer jam but it's also a little sinister and devilish. Also I fckn LOVE the lyrics: "You can't escape my affection, wrap you up in my daisy chains"; "White lines and black beaches and miles in between us"; "We travel for weeks just to escape your demons".

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Summer Bummer is deeply underrated - I understand why much of the fandom wouldn't appreciate it because of how heavily hip-hop it is, but I think it's this brilliant combination of dark yet charming, light yet heavy, hard-hitting yet laidback. It's danceable and a real summer jam but it's also a little sinister and devilish. Also I fckn LOVE the lyrics: "You can't escape my affection, wrap you up in my daisy chains"; "White lines and black beaches and miles in between us"; "We travel for weeks just to escape your demons".

Oh my god are you me  :defeated:  Saaaame. That song was the highlight of my summer that year tbh. Especially those lines. Such a gangsta queen, sigh.

Her lyrics and message of her songs are heavily romanticizing abusive, addictive, and codependent relationships. I know a lot of girls growing up hearing that and having it kind of, mold their perspective into their early twenties is supppper harmful. Do I still find it romantic? YEAH, LOL. But it's fucked up.

giphy.gif

Her lyrics and message of her songs are heavily romanticizing abusive, addictive, and codependent relationships. I know a lot of girls growing up hearing that and having it kind of, mold their perspective into their early twenties is supppper harmful. Do I still find it romantic? YEAH, LOL. But it's fucked up.

giphy.gif

I am yet to see someone who has actually taken to it that way... Maybe the younger crowd that I don't f with...

I had 2 friends that listened to lana and anytime I mentioned "oh I love this, one, not that I relate but it's the best song" they would go on about how much they relate to it (like how their ex was apparently a serial killer and went to jail and how they slept with an older man and blah blah) and I was like geeez it's not a competition and you should'nt be proud to relate THAT close to her songs. 

It got really cringey, like every single song they claimed they related to completely and therefore deserved to like the songs more or something. 

Glad I'm not friends with them anymore because one was a sociopath (with an actual diagnosis) and one a compulsive liar, which I cannot handle. 

I am yet to see someone who has actually taken to it that way... Maybe the younger crowd that I don't f with...

I had 2 friends that listened to lana and anytime I mentioned "oh I love this, one, not that I relate but it's the best song" they would go on about how much they relate to it (like how their ex was apparently a serial killer and went to jail and how they slept with an older man and blah blah) and I was like geeez it's not a competition and you should'nt be proud to relate THAT close to her songs. 

It got really cringey, like every single song they claimed they related to completely and therefore deserved to like the songs more or something. 

Glad I'm not friends with them anymore because one was a sociopath (with an actual diagnosis) and one had bpd which was fine but it also made her a compulsive liar, which I cannot handle. 

MMh moreso the music industry in general, but come on just take a deeper look into some of the tones of her lyrics. "It's you, it's you, it's all for you, everything I do" "I'm not afraid to say I'd die without him, Who else is gonna put up with me this way?" "I'll never leave you" I could go on forever. "He hit me and it felt like a kiss" it's normalizing this kinda thinking to people who already tend to think that way. I dunno if I articulated that right, but I know I'm right.  :lanahairflip:

giphy.gif

Glad I'm not friends with them anymore because one was a sociopath (with an actual diagnosis) and one had bpd which was fine but it also made her a compulsive liar, which I cannot handle. 

a person with BPD isn't a compulsive liar just bc they have BPD.

giphy.gif

a person with BPD isn't a compulsive liar just bc they have BPD.

I know that, and I knew someone would pull me up. It just felt like it was... connected, like I couldn't tell the two apart but I know that's just my lack of education on those particular diagnoses. 

Edited! 

MMh moreso the music industry in general, but come on just take a deeper look into some of the tones of her lyrics. "It's you, it's you, it's all for you, everything I do" "I'm not afraid to say I'd die without him, Who else is gonna put up with me this way?" "I'll never leave you" I could go on forever. "He hit me and it felt like a kiss" it's normalizing this kinda thinking to people who already tend to think that way. I dunno if I articulated that right, but I know I'm right.  :lanahairflip:

When asked about those lyrics before, I believed her when she said she was just speaking from her own experiences and how it felt at the time. 

At least now she's acknowledged that "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" is toxic asf and stopped singing it (but then forgot, and sang it more recently) lolll

Surprise, surprise. I have honestly not been into a Lana album from start to finish after Honeymoon. Not to say that I don't like songs on both Lust for Life and NFR!, but there are just elements on both albums that make me not enjoy them to the fullest. Mainly the lyricism and trap beats on LFL and the horrendous production/mastering on NFR!.

I always thought that when young girls said they could relate to her songs, they meant the feeling, not the actual situations. And being proud of some of those... gosh, I'm sorry for them.

Like, for instance, I don't really listen to Video Games, but when she says "they say that the world was built for two, only worth living if somebody is loving you", I can say I perfectly understand what she means and that I feel it, but I also recognize it's not healthy to have that mindset. I think it's one of those kind of things people feel from time to time, despite knowing it's bad for them. Being able to relate to a song in that way is like a truthful guilty pleasure.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif