Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Lyrically speaking, I think LFL is her best, it showed a lot of maturity in the way she writes songs.

Hope deserves more. I truly believe it's her most complex song to date.

And unless she comes with something better, Honeymoon will remain as the album that strikes the best concept.

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

her song Hollywood is one of the worst from her unreleased discography and is way overrated. i heard a couple people agree that it's in the top 5 of her best unreleased. like really???

cotton-swab-1.jpg

i still don't get the obsession with california.  like to me the vocals sound messy and out of tune, song's nice i guess but i don't get that people genuinely think it's the best on the album?  hope still has that title (and is one of her best songs ever)

also on an album that traded bridges for musical outros it weirdly lacks both... choices:toofunny:

i still don't get the obsession with california.  like to me the vocals sound messy and out of tune, song's nice i guess but i don't get that people genuinely think it's the best on the album?  hope still has that title (and is one of her best songs ever)

For me I just like her vocals in the chorus. The layering sounds so good and the way she sings sounds desperate and it's one of the only parts of the album where we hear that old style of hers, the same way Ultraviolence had it. 

The verses of california are trash.

For me I just like her vocals in the chorus. The layering sounds so good and the way she sings sounds desperate and it's one of the only parts of the album where we hear that old style of hers, the same way Ultraviolence had it. 

The verses of california are trash.

honestly i felt the exact opposite!  i hate the chorus layering but think the verses are alright.  personally it feels messy since none of them are all that well tuned but i do agree the layered vocals are more UV than her other work

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

I still think that NFR is tied with LFL for weakest title track, lyrically at least

My personal ranking of title tracks:

Born to Die

Honeymoon

Ultraviolence

Lust for Life

Norman Fucking Rockwell

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

The Greatest has a horrible, stupid outro. There, I said it.

I honestly went from thinking it was one of the few great songs on this album, to think it's one of the most annoying ones. The vocal arrangement/progression is a mess, it sounds hella compressed, but also I hate how she mumbles the lyrics in the two verses (and that "and I'm waaaaaaaaaasted"). The guitar solo/instrumental climax sounds flat too, it lacks bass as well.

lol I remember hearing and thinking "ok, it's enough. End it". It even gives me anxiety, I'm always "now it will end, now it will end...". That was so unecessary  :awkney2: I tend to skip sometimes.

The outro, specifically the terminal piano part, initially annoyed me too. Then I sort of rationalized it (see below). TG grew on me (I guess from initially annoying to interesting, but definitely not my top tier for the album).

I honestly went from thinking it was one of the few great songs on this album, to think it's one of the most annoying ones. The vocal arrangement/progression is a mess, it sounds hella compressed, but also I hate how she mumbles the lyrics in the two verses (and that "and I'm waaaaaaaaaasted"). The guitar solo/instrumental climax sounds flat too, it lacks bass as well.

"Hella compressed" : The beginning of it, on my equipment/ripping, has some noticeable overamplification (fuzzing). Other than that I don't really notice its compression, maybe because most pop is "hella compressed", but I wonder if TG stands out as being the most compressed song on NFR.

lol I remember hearing and thinking "ok, it's enough. End it". It even gives me anxiety, I'm always "now it will end, now it will end...". That was so unecessary  :awkney2: I tend to skip sometimes.

TG's piano getting really tinny at the end, with the repetition of the piano motif and final resolution (tonally speaking) musically reminds me of the death rattle of a terminally-ill patient taking their last breaths. Not that I think that will make you like the end of the song any better, but the way you worded your comment about it seemed very poignant to me.

Even tho it’s not a bad song, I wouldn’t have missed Bartender if it was cut from the album.

Also, I think I like the alternate version of Fuck it I Love You more than the video version. Before I liked the video version more... but now I feel like the other version is a bit better.

I never listened to NFR after September

I've listened to like 3-4 songs from it since the end of September. But I relate to this comment a lot.  :toofunny:

I hope Lana doesn't diss any celebs in her future work because not only does it make the song age like milk because of her fake woke stance, but because it just sours the song in general.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Everyone: *hates the outro of TG*

Jack Antonoff: “The end just went on forever.… We were, like, ‘What if we just keep saying things?’”

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2019-12-04/jack-antonoff-grammys-lana-del-rey-taylor-swift?utm_source=headtopics&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=2019-12-05

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream