Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Just curious: do you like her poetry a lot? Because one would think she's *never* intending to be lazy when writing a poem. As for lazy vs. great lyrics in her songs, couldn't help but be reminded of this:

yknow somethin, i've never properly read her poetry! i've seen a couple though and although i can't fully recall them, i do remember quite liking them.

love that kurt cobain clip!! and ironically enough, do kind of agree with what he's saying. i think there are songs where blunt and not overly-thought-out lyricism works well. i'll use nirvana as an example; the song 'sliver' is one of my all time fave songs, and lyrically it really speaks to me despite just being a simple and obvious tale about being a kid throwing a little bit of a tantrum because they're being dropped off at their grandparents' house and they're away from home. it's simple, it's blunt, it's honest and it works. if it was fancy and thought out, it wouldn't be the same. i feel that way about a lot of nirvana's music. it taps into a strange little place in my brain that just makes me feel really human and vulnerable. i think a lot of that is down to the simplistic and raw nature of the music :)

back to lana - there are plenty of her songs that shine with (and possibly because of) really simple and straightforward lyrics. video games is one of them! others like old money, oh say can you see, and cruel world do too. now that i think of it, it's an interesting idea to debate internally - the difference between lazy lyrics vs straightforward lyrics that may or may not work  :smokes3:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

jack antonoff wants to be dan auerbach, and the fact that this album is more recognized than ultraviolence is just another example of how politics run the music business. i hope antonoff burns in hell with his "band" fun

Yeah. Jack having his hands all over this record definitely helped Lana. Not in a music quality way, but in a "I'm popular and well liked in the industry" kinda way. Dan Auerbach is more of a mystery, he's produced a lot of different music projects and is popular from being in The Black Keys, but he's not hanging out with a lot of "pop" girls and getting his name out there (Grammys and other shady business insider stuff), unlike Jack.

Anyway, I've been reading a lot of comments on Reddit and Twitter. A lot of people seem to be questioning why NFR is getting all the love from critics as this year (and decade) is coming to a close. Her other album deserve to get the same type of recognition as NFR has had this year. I honestly can't believe they are pushing her most beige album down our throat as her best. I'm starting to feel like NFR is actually overrated, which is never a word I would've thought using to describe something Lana puts out.

jack antonoff wants to be dan auerbach, and the fact that this album is more recognized than ultraviolence is just another example of how politics run the music business. i hope antonoff burns in hell with his "band" fun

that's jack antonoff for you!

Yeah. Jack having his hands all over this record definitely helped Lana. Not in a music quality way, but in a "I'm popular and well liked in the industry" kinda way. Dan Auerbach is more of a mystery, he's produced a lot of different music projects and is popular from being in The Black Keys, but he's not hanging out with a lot of "pop" girls and getting his name out there (Grammys and other shady business insider stuff), unlike Jack.

Facts

:fact:

I'm starting to feel like NFR is actually overrated, which is never a word I would've thought using to describe something Lana puts out.

i vaguely remember feeling it a bit with summertime sadness and video games... but then i heard 'cola', and then 'ultraviolence' came out, and i actually started listening to her music. problem with nfr is that i "actually" listened to it, and it's meh.

she'll surprise us again, anyway that's what i'm hoping for. she has us questioning our sanity all over the place

Anyway, I've been reading a lot of comments on Reddit and Twitter. A lot of people seem to be questioning why NFR is getting all the love from critics as this year (and decade) is coming to a close. Her other album deserve to get the same type of recognition as NFR has had this year. I honestly can't believe they are pushing her most beige album down our throat as her best. I'm starting to feel like NFR is actually overrated, which is never a word I would've thought using to describe something Lana puts out.

Also, is "beige" the actual word used to describe something that's bland, boring, safe, etc? 

Cause if so, that really is the only way to describe NFR.

she'll surprise us again, anyway that's what i'm hoping for. she has us questioning our sanity all over the place

I was holding onto this hope for so long. But Doin' Time came out which was exciting and the best for about 2 days... Then Season of the Witch came out which was exciting and the best for about 1 day. 

Having some surprises floating in a sea of mediochreness just ain't doin it for me no more. :smokes3:

Also, is "beige" the actual word used to describe something that's bland, boring, safe, etc? 

Cause if so, that really is the only way to describe NFR.

This is exactly what it is, "beige" as in "...this is as boring as watching beige paint drying on the wall". Glad to see I'm not the only one, the "honeymoon" period of the album is over now I think, especially with a lot of these critics backing  down from their comments about Lana early on in her career, with these year end/decade end list. A lot of fans are seeing through the bullshit around (and with) this album.

Unpopular (or maybe popular?) I hate when Lana fans act as if Lana is a natural looking person.

Like it's painfully obvious that she has had permanent work done on her face, and gets fillers/procedures done every now and then. Not saying she doesn't look great (although sometimes it's a little iffy), but there's literally no point in denying that Lana has had work done at this point.

Unpopular (or maybe popular?) I hate when Lana fans act as if Lana is a natural looking person.

Like it's painfully obvious that she has had permanent work done on her face, and gets fillers/procedures done every now and then. Not saying she doesn't look great (although sometimes it's a little iffy), but there's literally no point in denying that Lana has had work done at this point.

She is a very beautiful woman, regardless of whether or not she has performed any kind of procedure. I have no problems with that...

giphy.gif

She is a very beautiful woman, regardless of whether or not she has performed any kind of procedure. I have no problems with that...

I know she's beautiful. What I meant to say was that it's silly to deny that she's had work done on her face, because while she's beautiful, she doesn't have that natural of facial features.

The only thing that could save my stanship right now is any of the following leaking 

• When The World Was At War (Official Instrumental)
  • Yosemite
  • Roses Bloom For You
  • The Good Life
  • Summertime Sadness (Alternative Version)
  • I Talk To Jesus
  • Tomorrow Never Came demo

Although UV is my favorite, I couldn't care less if she works with Dan again (but it's still very welcome, always  :creep: ).

I also miss Rick Nowels. Not my favorite producer, but always had this feeling that Lana was comfortable working with him and that he would always bring the best of her. Birds of a Feather indeed.

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Not sure if lana unpopular or what but I fucking scream at people raging about Off To The Races after it being requested for years (2012-2015) to be performed and then she just decided that she'll never let it go nnn.

I would love if she performed something as random as This Is What Makes Us Girls some day. 

Or Religion. Flipside. Art Deco. You know... one of these songs she just... never performed.