Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Unpopular (or maybe popular?) I hate when Lana fans act as if Lana is a natural looking person.

Like it's painfully obvious that she has had permanent work done on her face, and gets fillers/procedures done every now and then. Not saying she doesn't look great (although sometimes it's a little iffy), but there's literally no point in denying that Lana has had work done at this point.

She should have stopped in 2012. She looked perfect in 2012 even as far as 2015. Nice lip fillers, nice nose shape, natural looking. 

The past two years have been tragic. She's destroying her own face. 

lana-del-rey-botox.jpg

I know Lana is revelling in NFR's success, but I hope all the attention drains her desire for popularity and makes her go back into secretive and controversial mode  :brows3:

I was gonna say this on a thread the other day, but in a much meaner way. So, thanks! :smokes2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i can't stand people settling for the bare minimum with Lana. :brows3: and i hate that whenever we give our opinion about her doing tasteless basic shit we get called ungrateful cuz quite frankly she's doing that shit bc y'all agreed to it... she became lazy bc she knows whatever she'll deliver, stans will jump on it and appreciate it like starving dogs do with bones :rip: i miss Lana, and when i say this it's not about the looks, more about the passion and her actually giving a fuck about us and her career, not her googling the lyrics to her own f-cking songs and acting like a cool aunt :brows3:

I'm still trying to get over how awful that 3 part video she just released. All 3 songs are gorgeous and deserved better. Lana's become lazy in her art. 

Now, I don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but I can't say it anywhere else without getting attacked lol. Every 'bad'  (mind you, I've been a fan for a long time now) opinion is immediately shot down and called hate.

Lana's three part video wasn't very interesting. I love seeing her have fun, but I really miss when it was clear that she put effort into recording the videos. I mean, for Norman, we'd seen a lot of the video already on Instagram. I absolutely love the sunglasses with the visuals, but other than that...it didn't even look like she was trying to lip sync. Like, come on Lana, at least attempt it!

Bartender was cute. The food fight was funny, I found myself smiling throughout it.

Happiness...was the most disappointing to me I think. The lyrics and melody are very emotional (to me) and I wish she'd reflected that more. I felt like it was Mariner's Apartment Complex recycled. MAC is a great song, but the video was NOT fit for HIAB. I was really hoping for more of an effort there.

Personally, I think her last great music videos came with Honeymoon. I adore MTWBT & Freak. LFL's videos aren't horrible, but you could kind of see it going downhill (Love was good, don't get me wrong) and I just kinda miss the older videos. I know she could do it again if she tried.

Now, I don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but I can't say it anywhere else without getting attacked lol. Every 'bad'  (mind you, I've been a fan for a long time now) opinion is immediately shot down and called hate.

Lana's three part video wasn't very interesting. I love seeing her have fun, but I really miss when it was clear that she put effort into recording the videos. I mean, for Norman, we'd seen a lot of the video already on Instagram. I absolutely love the sunglasses with the visuals, but other than that...it didn't even look like she was trying to lip sync. Like, come on Lana, at least attempt it!

Bartender was cute. The food fight was funny, I found myself smiling throughout it.

Happiness...was the most disappointing to me I think. The lyrics and melody are very emotional (to me) and I wish she'd reflected that more. I felt like it was Mariner's Apartment Complex recycled. MAC is a great song, but the video was NOT fit for HIAB. I was really hoping for more of an effort there.

Personally, I think her last great music videos came with Honeymoon. I adore MTWBT & Freak. LFL's videos aren't horrible, but you could kind of see it going downhill (Love was good, don't get me wrong) and I just kinda miss the older videos. I know she could do it again if she tried.

not unpopular at all

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Thank god. Swear this is the only place where negative opinions (well, within reason) aren't seen as hate

Actually, many of the threads on this site have become spontaneously "Unpopular opinion" ones. Lana should truly have a thought about that.

She should have stopped in 2012. She looked perfect in 2012 even as far as 2015. Nice lip fillers, nice nose shape, natural looking. 

lana-del-rey-botox.jpg

I said this sometime ago, when the FIILY-TG video was released, and it was perceived as an offense by many. She doesn't look even like the same person, and the new one is sadly even unpleasant to look at, at least for me. Her face looks frozen and bloated most of the time. It's a gigantic shame.

lana-del-rey-botox.jpg

I wonder what ever happened? Like if she switched surgeons or if her (old or new) surgeon screwed up and gave her a lump in the middle of her lip and couldn't fix? I know it happened between September 5th and September 15th of 2015, because when she went to the UK to do sing those Honeymoon songs, her lips just changed. 

R.I.P to the last known picture of her old face post-52723-0-88014800-1577124491_thumb.jpg 

I think the main thing when people call her "lazy" and that "she's just lazy because she knows that people will swallow anything!!11" like... I don't really think that's real. Especially because... I don't think she ever gave a fuck about what her fans... thought or wanted at all. lmao.

The music videos were clearly her vision and her desire to put on screen the image she had while creating these songs. Reminds me of when she said Ultraviolence was "Cinematographic". She had the budget and she had the vision, so why not? Everything used to look real expensive when you look back at it. (and I mean, not only the videos but the premieres and stuff she used to do). After doing it a few times it probably gets... boring. So she just got another ambition, probably focused on music only and that's it. sad but tru

All I notice is that her cheeks seem...puffier? I don't know. I know they look different, but chalked it up to weight gain lol

That's from 2018, but it was looking pretty puffy.

dp5VwGR.jpg

In my opinion NFR is almost completely forgettable.

Also her weird Church shit left a bad taste in my mouth & made me stop listening to most of her material.

It's hard to support an artist that associates themselves w/ groups that are

Actually bigoted/ oppressive to vulnerable communities.

Like Brandon Flowers being obsessed with Mormonism - I loved The Killers but my _$$

Isn't going to contribute to some fucked up racist or sexist or anti gay group of religious zealots. Fuck that

I have lost so much interest in Lana til it's scary. At first I chalked it up to me growing up, but it's not the case. 

Like Lana was a huge inspiration for me in so many ways. I've been writing since I was a kid, but her phrasing and a way of words has influenced my work immensely. Like her influence is on me is up there with Edgar Allen Poe, Sylvia Plath, and Maya Angelou, so yeah- she impacted me a lot and she even fully inspired me to start singing (her low, deep voice reassured me that it was normal lol)

But now I rarely listen to her, especially her newer music. Like now when I listen to music she's the last thing I put on my playlist. I couldn't figure out why but now I know why: she's lazy and almost uninspired in a way and I think she's out of touch with her fans in a way? Like remember LFL was supposed to be for the fans( LOL BITCH THE FUCK WHERE?) I hate it bc I no longer find her to be a muse as much as she used to be, and lately she's been giving off these vibes that puts me off of her.

Also, is "beige" the actual word used to describe something that's bland, boring, safe, etc? 

Cause if so, that really is the only way to describe NFR.

I was holding onto this hope for so long. But Doin' Time came out which was exciting and the best for about 2 days... Then Season of the Witch came out which was exciting and the best for about 1 day. 

Having some surprises floating in a sea of mediochreness just ain't doin it for me no more. :smokes3:

This reminds me of something a friend of mine said when Lana dropped LFL and how it was kinda lackluster. He said that Lana typically has this stand out track that surprises you. I can't quite remember what tracks he listed from each album but I def got what he meant. Her first few albums there is always that song that seems really unique rather you like it or not. You don't really here that from her albums these days.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

I have lost so much interest in Lana til it's scary. At first I chalked it up to me growing up, but it's not the case. 

Like Lana was a huge inspiration for me in so many ways. I've been writing since I was a kid, but her phrasing and a way of words has influenced my work immensely. Like her influence is on me is up there with Edgar Allen Poe, Sylvia Plath, and Maya Angelou, so yeah- she impacted me a lot and she even fully inspired me to start singing (her low, deep voice reassured me that it was normal lol)

But now I rarely listen to her, especially her newer music. Like now when I listen to music she's the last thing I put on my playlist. I couldn't figure out why but now I know why: she's lazy and almost uninspired in a way and I think she's out of touch with her fans in a way? Like remember LFL was supposed to be for the fans( LOL BITCH THE FUCK WHERE?) I hate it bc I no longer find her to be a muse as much as she used to be, and lately she's been giving off these vibes that puts me off of her.

I also have this prediction if Lana doesn't get it together and start putting in that work, that there were will be another girl with a similar feel as Lana and would be like a legit threat, and no not these faux comparisons that every new girl gets, I mean like, LEGIT. 

My heart is actually hurting for all the fans that also feel let down, or at least like there's nothing interesting and inspiring here anymore .

I too was inspired by lana in the way I was from Edgar Allen Poe, Tim Burton, Sylvia, and many movies from my childhood because it was a whole world. 

I think she was very mistaken in saying LFL was for the fans. The only song that fits that is Love. Its like she thinks a few 'political' songs automatically fit what everyone wants. Well it came too late imo.

And as for your last point, I don't think it's gonna happen, but I hope it does and when it does I hope that I love them just as much. Lana dropping off the centre of my radar has allowed me to focus on other female artists that I view in a simar way as the 2012-2015 Lana though. And they are continuing to deliver their top quality music and visuals because they never had to exaggerate as it is the very core of who they are. Keeping it up is effortless for them, and dropping it is out of the question, whereas Lana dropped it because she couldn't be bothered anymore.

My heart is actually hurting for all the fans that also feel let down, or at least like there's nothing interesting and inspiring here anymore .

I too was inspired by lana in the way I was from Edgar Allen Poe, Tim Burton, Sylvia, and many movies from my childhood because it was a whole world. 

I think she was very mistaken in saying LFL was for the fans. The only song that fits that is Love. Its like she thinks a few 'political' songs automatically fit what everyone wants. Well it came too late imo.

And as for your last point, I don't think it's gonna happen, but I hope it does and when it does I hope that I love them just as much. Lana dropping off the centre of my radar has allowed me to focus on other female artists that I view in a simar way as the 2012-2015 Lana though. And they are continuing to deliver their top quality music and visuals because they never had to exaggerate as it is the very core of who they are. Keeping it up is effortless for them, and dropping it is out of the question, whereas Lana dropped it because she couldn't be bothered anymore.

Oh yes I'm def looking for more female artists to be inspired by but to be honest I haven't come across many, though I found a lot of artists that are very creative and dedicated.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

My heart is actually hurting for all the fans that also feel let down, or at least like there's nothing interesting and inspiring here anymore.

So sad!

Lana will perform in my country this year, but I just don't feel like going to see her...

Some time ago, I hoped she would come back to my city so I could see her again, but now I don't feel anything.

giphy.gif