Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

idk if this would be considered unpopular but i hate how critics and the gp i guess praise the shit out of NFR and say it's her best most "mature" work while saying BTD and UV are childish and cheesy even tho her lyrical content hasn't changed that much, she's still comparing her men to serial killers, singing about cars, drugs, america, cherry coke, the color blue, california, new york, and her desperation and longing to be loved

she has grown away from certain topics like abuse and older men but can you really say something like love song is better than off to the races

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Jack Antanoff sucks and is a bad musical influence, we need Dan Auerbach back desperately.

I’m worried about WHF Bc she said it’s gonna sound like Norman and Norman didn’t sound that good. Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid sound like generic country songs, and those so far are our best indicator of where she’s at musically as those are the most recent songs we’ve heard.

But then again she said Honeymoon would sound like Ultraviolence and it really doesn’t at all so who knows

Double posting but I’m also tired of woke lana I miss when she was weird and ignorant and thought feminism was stupid.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Jack Antanoff sucks and is a bad musical influence, we need Dan Auerbach back desperately.

I’m worried about WHF Bc she said it’s gonna sound like Norman and Norman didn’t sound that good. Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid sound like generic country songs, and those so far are our best indicator of where she’s at musically as those are the most recent songs we’ve heard.

But then again she said Honeymoon would sound like Ultraviolence and it really doesn’t at all so who knows

Double posting but I’m also tired of woke lana I miss when she was weird and ignorant and thought feminism was stupid.

just to clarify for people who don't know, Lana never said feminism is stupid, she said "feminism is not an interesting concept... i'm just really not that interested"

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I hate the vocal production of Paradise with all my heart. I actually hate the overall production. I know it was probably intentional but it all sounds... metallic? I couldn't explain it

Ride is legit one of her best songs as far as production goes and also the vocal performance/recording is straight fire.

It's also vastly superior to the cheaply recorded flat/lifeless vocals on NFR as far as I'm concerned.

Double posting but I’m also tired of woke Lana I miss when she was weird and ignorant and thought feminism was stupid.

You're new here and I already love you. I bid you welcome to the "NFR! is not even that good" club, sweetie.

i don’t want jack or dan or emile or rick to work with lana anymore i want her to work with more experimental producers like if lana made a sort of lo fi electronic album produced by grimes or someone similar i’d eat that up

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I don't hate Jack but he really does bring out her laziness.

I worry that she's going to keep going down the same road vocally in terms of "talk singing" (she did a lot of that on NFR).

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Ride is legit one of her best songs as far as production goes and also the vocal performance/recording is straight fire.

It's also vastly superior to the cheaply recorded flat/lifeless vocals on NFR as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I should have excluded Ride from my statement because I do love the production.

I don't like 'Burning Desire', I'm someone that lives for the Lana's low vocals, but there's something about this song I've just never enjoyed.

I don't like 'Burning Desire', I'm someone that lives for the Lana's low vocals, but there's something about this song I've just never enjoyed.

i agree, it's boring, i feel like it had a lot more potentinal production wise, it feels watered down. which is the same issue i have with everybody's favorite lfl song, cherry.

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

i agree, it's boring, i feel like it had a lot more potentinal production wise, it feels watered down. which is the same issue i have with everybody's favorite lfl song, cherry.

Honestly the instrumentation and the intro are amazing, but somehow the song feels kinda "meh".

Also, I think that 'Cherry' is a song that has a lot of potential live, it's cool track with the little choreography she does, but I rarely listen to it, and if I do it's the clean version, the unnecessary cussing, while knowing the gaysTM live for it, is just corny to me. Overall I feel the same way about 'Cherry' as I do with most 'LFL' songs... too much cheap trap beats.

I'm here dreaming of a sultry/jazzy album  :flutter:

I simply find NFR lackluster and wordy, but I do think it just encapsulate her current life and friends aka boring Christian housewife with dumb boyfriends that aren't even interesting to write about. She seems like someone who is very influenced by the people around her so I hope for her next album she works with someone who truly pushes her! She's so talented and with still so much unlocked potential.