Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I wish she would take more years for an album. Usually when artists put out album after album they aren't great and it's normal as it takes time to come up with a vision and find inspiration to create something thoroughly complete and interesting. So I'd prefer to go a longer time without anything from her and then her coming out with something magnificent again! LFL and NFR seem like albums composed with scrapped songs made while bored to pass the time...

I wish she would take more years for an album. Usually when artists put out album after album they aren't great and it's normal as it takes time to come up with a vision and find inspiration to create something thoroughly complete and interesting. So I'd prefer to go a longer time without anything from her and then her coming out with something magnificent again! LFL and NFR seem like albums composed with scrapped songs made while bored to pass the time...

I understand what u mean but I guess at least for whf, I'd have to disagree.. I think inspiration can be really quick, and that it might just be important to chase it til its done. I know she had a handful of songs for nfr, but she literally waited more or less a year for reasons I doubt we'll ever know for sure but yeah.. I think there's a kind of catharsis that can happen when you're almost done writing and I hope she really follows through w this one.

UV/Honeymoon

her fast album cycles are something I always appreciated because imo works that are years in the making often lose their focus. i love it when an artists has ambitious intentions but quite often works that were created in a shorter time span feel more substantial to me. also it avoids that whole high expectations dynamic on both sides, fans and artists. there are of course (many) exceptions 

kySyfQZ.jpg

This is definitely the case for some artists but with Lana I think if she takes too long she starts overthinking her work and ends up making it worse. Take Lust for Life for example - she spent like 2 years on that song for it to turn out like... that, when the demo was so much better. 

I get how we do like Lana's work, or at least w LFL's demos among others, but did u think the gp would've been there for it? at the time, we got the official tracks first, so there's something to compare. i'm sure it wouldn't've been the same and it would've taken more to process(?)

at least, those're my thoughts on it

UV/Honeymoon

It's taken me a few days to process that her statement really was anti-feminist and racist.

I know this is something we are struggling to process in the fandom, but it is what it is - EVEN if it hurts to admit. I hope she cuts the defensiveness and spends the lockdown getting informed and READING.

Her poetry book title about iron gates and the institution...she spent some time in a mental hospital?

In 48 hours she single handledly ruined her reputation irreparably. I’m kind of sad about that.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I just really wanna know if this situation was the one which showcased lana's ignorance clearly to some people? I mean... she literally used to call herself the "ghetto Nancy Sinatra", and remember the Israel situation? Or how she said everything was good under Obama lmfao. When you think about her posts they don't really come as a shock, but did people seriously not realise how oblivious lana really is until now?

If Lana posts another statement I'm out. She's free to say whatever she wants, but I'm not here for how seemingly bitter and tone deaf she's been. Completely hoping she stops/doesn't post anything related to this mess again (unless it's a well thought out explanation)

It's definitely left a bitter taste. I've lost all respect for her as a person.

I couldn't even bring myself to listen to her new little spoken word poem she put out...

And I mean, I've seen her live many times, I've met her once. I've listened to her for countless hours while painting.

It's just disappointing that her true colors could be so dark.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I just really wanna know if this situation was the one which showcased lana's ignorance clearly to some people? I mean... she literally used to call herself the "ghetto Nancy Sinatra", and remember the Israel situation? Or how she said everything was good under Obama lmfao. When you think about her posts they don't really come as a shock, but did people seriously not realise how oblivious lana really is until now?

As huge fans on a forum dedicated to her, I'm sure most of us are familiar with those. But she stooped to a WHOLE new level of low with the recent commentary. 

As huge fans on a forum dedicated to her, I'm sure most of us are familiar with those. But she stooped to a WHOLE new level of low with the recent commentary. 

I know everyone's familiar with it, i'm just surprised THIS was the breaking point for some people... a new level of low, lower than saying her ~vibrations~ could ease tensions in an apartheid state?

giphy.gif

she's just the definition of a white feminist. 

feminism bored her until trump was elected? and she just saw it as an opportunity to jump on the etsy white table magic wagon... ok

she's just really misinformed and should stop speaking as an authority on topics like feminism, science, etc. it's embarrassing.  

disclaimer: i don't think the name-dropping pertains to this issue, i just have found her feminism talk to be inane and disingenuous. i don't think she cares about women, she cares about public opinion of her more than anything.

she's just the definition of a white feminist. 

feminism bored her until trump was elected? and she just saw it as an opportunity to jump on the etsy white table magic wagon... ok

she's just really misinformed and should stop speaking as an authority on topics like feminism, science, etc. it's embarrassing.  

disclaimer: i don't think the name-dropping pertains to this issue, i just have found her feminism talk to be inane and disingenuous. i don't think she cares about women, she cares about public opinion of her more than anything.

your last point is interesting because, before she started running her mouth just now, public opinion of her was at an all time high. NFR was acclaimed, people wanted her to win the Grammy, etc.

Her rant is about 8 years late anyways, no one even talks about that stuff anymore.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I just love that she will go to all sorts of legths to refrain from mentioning Halsey. 

bold of you to assume that she even thinks of Halsey in the first place  :oic2:

Whilst I think it was completely stupid and unnecessary to namedrop anyone in her letter to the "culture", I kinda wish that she had namedropped Lorde and Halsey instead. This would've turned into a completely different situation.  :rip:

Whilst I think it was completely stupid and unnecessary to namedrop anyone in her letter to the "culture", I kinda wish that she had namedropped Lorde and Halsey instead. This would've turned into a completely different situation.  :rip:

as if halsey wouldn't like the attention lmao

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)