Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

It was hilarious that some people thought Lana was Cuban or Mexican after the Ride music video came out.  :thumb3:

I remember when I first came across her on Youtube and saw the thumbnail for Born To Die. I rolled my eyes internally and thought "another hispanic chic trying to make it big in the USA". Then I clicked on it and was mesmerized by her, the song, the location, everything.

By the way, I remember someone told me they read she had hispanic ancestry? But I didn't believe it.

gwen didn't change her name to kiko yakuza and dye her hair jet straight black and then write lyrics like 'he's japanese just like me' and 'you like your women japanese' 

It never before crossed my mind that "you like your women Spanish" was about WOC latinas. Always thought it was about Spaniard women from Spain. When I heard the "dark, strong, and proud" part that follows, I always imagined a woman like Paz Vega or Monica Bellucci (dark haired and tan skinned Mediterranean white woman). Looking more into it though, don't New Yorkers refer to all latino people as "Spanish"? She grew up over there after all. Maybe that is questionable. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

us-americans not distinguishing between spaniards and latin american is such a kii and weird especially considering that they put so much value on these labels..

on another hand i just saw an instagram post (by no other than some us-american) like 2 days ago claiming greeks are poc and greece part of mena even though they’re neither in the middle east nor north africa but well..

i76mrxw.png 

us-americans not distinguishing between spaniards and latin american is such a kii and weird especially considering that they put so much value on these labels..

on another hand i just saw an instagram post (by no other than some us-american) like 2 days ago claiming greeks are poc and greece part of mena even though they’re neither in the middle east nor north africa but well..

And don't even get me started on the fact that many people put all Latin Americans in the same bag as if they necessarily had to share the same ethnic background simply because they all speak Spanish. :facepalm:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

Does anyone else have a problem with the part of bartender when she goes "bart-t-t-t-"? I love the song but that part just makes me lose my mind. It's the way that you can hear her mouth make subtle whisper sounds. It's like nails on a chalk board to me.  am i just crazy

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Turks are barely considered middle eastern, what makes Greeks think they qualify too  :creep:

Does anyone else have a problem with the part of bartender when she goes "bart-t-t-t-"? I love the song but that part just makes me lose my mind. It's the way that you can hear her mouth make subtle whisper sounds. It's like nails on a chalk board to me.  am i just crazy

oh lord I HATE IT

Wq9zHLl.jpg

just wondering- do people think NFR has aged so fast because of the actual music becoming a little dated in terms of sound, or because of the way streaming has made it so we constantly get bored of music that's just been released and want more? i feel like before the streaming era (2016 and earlier?) music lasted so much longer that we didn't complain about needing more from an artist that released an album just 6 months prior, we were more patient. maybe it's because it's easier to just upload music to spotify now, especially as there's an abundance of indie artists who don't need to go through the whole label process.

just wondering- do people think NFR has aged so fast because of the actual music becoming a little dated in terms of sound, or because of the way streaming has made it so we constantly get bored of music that's just been released and want more? i feel like before the streaming era (2016 and earlier?) music lasted so much longer that we didn't complain about needing more from an artist that released an album just 6 months prior, we were more patient. maybe it's because it's easier to just upload music to spotify now, especially as there's an abundance of indie artists who don't need to go through the whole label process.

It's definitely something to do with the actual music rather than the shift to digital, for me at least. I guess it's the simplicity of the NFR sound that made me grow tired of it very quickly, unlike albums with complex instrumentation and layerings such as UV. This is also the reason why Venice Bitch is immune to ageing. 

Don't forget that we're in the midst of a pandemic: people are bored af in their homes how else do you explain the drama of the last days lol So the demand for entertainment increased, while it seems barely anything is being released atm

Otherwise you're right. The instant access to whatever you want has made some people at least less patient. NFR hasn't really aged tho, it's still current af (the greatest e.g.)

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

For others it's with the way we were lead on hearing the same snippets over and over again for a year. The final album versions and demos were pretty much the same thing. I suppose streaming and social media is also to blame for this reason. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

ive heard the t-t-t live

and believe me, it was one of the most magical moments of my life

ugh i ADORE it

chuck is a good photographer lana just has terrible visions

she’s literally the worst when she works with lana

i personally believe no one can deliver lanas visuals as neil krug

:smile3:

ive heard the t-t-t live

and believe me, it was one of the most magical moments of my life

ugh i ADORE it

she’s literally the worst when she works with lana

i personally believe no one can deliver lanas visuals as neil krug

i do think chuck's work with lana is bad most of the time because it's what lana wants and they're usually not professional, photographers like neil and francesco have her on sets with wardrobes and tell her how to pose meanwhile chuck will just take a pic of her at a random setting in whatever she's wearing that's why you see neil's photos for lana in magazines and not chucks

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Idk the fandoms thoughts on this, but I think Heroin is one of her most beautiful songs (maybe her best vocal performance on an album track on the verses and chorus, the lullaby like quality, the instrumental), but then the bridge and outro almost ruin the song for me. When she sings “It’s hot... etc” she sounds like a crow cawing. I get that it maybe it’s a stylistic choice that everything is cool and super mellow and then there is such an immediate harsh contrast, but I think it’s ugly.