Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i don't like angels forever, forever angels tbh :awkney: it's not bad, it just feels almost.... unnecessary? and i can't help but feel like there's a reason it was never released. it feels like a second rate 'Ride' tbh.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

i don't like angels forever, forever angels tbh :awkney: it's not bad, it just feels almost.... unnecessary? and i can't help but feel like there's a reason it was never released. it feels like a second rate 'Ride' tbh.

I feel like it's just too repetitive and dull, I'm glad it wasn't released

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

i feel like when it comes to unreleased stuff, a lot of lana's more interesting and unique tracks get looked over and forgotten, and her most "basic" (sorry to use that term i just can't think of a different one) unreleased tracks get TONNES of praise - i also feel like if a lot of those tracks were actually released, they'd be nowhere near as revered.

fuck yeah, trash like tv in black and white, paris or queen of disaster being praised when we have diamonds like get drunk, trash magic or wayamaya

i feel like when it comes to unreleased stuff, a lot of lana's more interesting and unique tracks get looked over and forgotten, and her most "basic" (sorry to use that term i just can't think of a different one) unreleased tracks get TONNES of praise - i also feel like if a lot of those tracks were actually released, they'd be nowhere near as revered.

i relate to this a lot   :deadbanana: a lot of her most popular unreleased tracks, such as serial killer, queen of disaster, kinda outta luck, and mmitpm are either some of my least favorite, or least listened to tracks, i guess it's just coincidental and personal taste. 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

i have a theory that part of the themes and lyricism in NFR was kind of an experiment to test critics/the general public. I don’t think that it felt totally authentic to her (obviously there is a grain of truth in everything she says/does, but in this case it kind of felt forced, like the smile on the LFL cover), and to me her insta debacle confirmed this. not saying she doesn’t fully stand behind everything she wrote, I just don’t think it’s her natural way of thinking about things so it didn’t feel very passionate to me, which is something I always look forward to in her music. i think that’s why she didn’t sing too many of the new songs on tour either, although not to drag her it didn’t seem like she enjoyed singing many of her songs at all lmfao

UbsOye5.png

On 8/15/2020 at 8:55 AM, Mer Boy said:

Mariners Apartment Complex is her magnum opus. It is the epitome of what her music represents. 

Taste.

I don’t know why but MAC seems a little bit underrated to me, maybe because it was overshadowed by Venice Bitch grandeur, being released just a week before it! Both are great songs, tho!

Lanarat.png

11 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

i have a theory that part of the themes and lyricism in NFR was kind of an experiment to test critics/the general public. I don’t think that it felt totally authentic to her (obviously there is a grain of truth in everything she says/does, but in this case it kind of felt forced, like the smile on the LFL cover), and to me her insta debacle confirmed this. not saying she doesn’t fully stand behind everything she wrote, I just don’t think it’s her natural way of thinking about things so it didn’t feel very passionate to me, which is something I always look forward to in her music. i think that’s why she didn’t sing too many of the new songs on tour either, although not to drag her it didn’t seem like she enjoyed singing many of her songs at all lmfao

i think it might be her cowriting with jack which made the songs feel less lana as lana writing with rick probably comes very natural to her, and with others like emile they didn't really change a lot about the lyrics of the songs they worked on with her.

i76mrxw.png 

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

i think it might be her cowriting with jack which made the songs feel less lana as lana writing with rick probably comes very natural to her, and with others like emile they didn't really change a lot about the lyrics of the songs they worked on with her.

oh true I didn’t even think about this

UbsOye5.png

Her poetry is actually fine once you understand that it's not 100% autobiographical and you don't feel the need to correlate everything back to what one might think her private life, interactions and relationships are actually like.

It's not particularly poignant, but it certainly is interesting to dive into in my honest opinion.