Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

48 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Hi everyone! Ya boy Sam has just dug a ditch in the side of the road, where you can probably find my body after everyone has read these hot takes!Β :sass:

• The second half of Honeymoon is really boring and doesn't have the replay value that Lana's other records have.Β :thumb2:
  • Justifying Honeymoon as an 'experience' that you need to sit through in its entiretyΒ to enjoy doesn't excuse how slow the entire album is.Β :eek:
  • Chuck's cover is bad, but Neil Krug's is even worse.Β :eyeroll2:
  • Freak's demo is better than the album version.Β :thirst:
  • There's a reason Art Deco, 24, Religion and Swan Song are never on the setlist (some never being sung)Β :godlaugh:
  • Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is a good cover.Β :grinds:
  • 24 is the worst song Lana has produced. I would rather listen to Noir on repeat.Β :judgingu3:
  • Liking HoneymoonΒ most doesn't make you interesting or unique, sinceΒ every Lana del Rey album has incredible elements.Β :ohsnap:

Signing off, bang bang, kiss kiss.Β :oic:Β xo

and I thought that posting that I can't stand VG anymore and I didn't like LIB and ITTJ was bold of meΒ :oic3:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

On 8/18/2020 at 11:53 AM, MAX DEL REY said:

'Blue Velvet', 'The Other Woman' and 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood' are all amazing covers, I don't understand the hate with any of these fine songs.

Don't Let Me Misunderstood has grown on me so much. Such a good closing track and sentiment. The Other Woman is also perfect for Ultraviolence and I'm confused as to why so many people dislike it. It's such a Lana track.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:53 PM, MAX DEL REY said:

'Blue Velvet', 'The Other Woman' and 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood' are all amazing covers, I don't understand the hate with any of these fine songs.

I agree with you on all of them except DLMBM. Lana took the soul from that song and completely drained it.

On 8/20/2020 at 5:45 PM, veinsineon said:

Lanas covers are better than anyone else’s. She can embody ANY song, or even shape it to fit her soundscape.

Better than the original artist? No.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

Hi everyone! Ya boy Sam has just dug a ditch in the side of the road, where you can probably find my body after everyone has read these hot takes!Β :sass:

• The second half of Honeymoon is really boring and doesn't have the replay value that Lana's other records have.Β :thumb2:
  • Justifying Honeymoon as an 'experience' that you need to sit through in its entiretyΒ to enjoy doesn't excuse how slow the entire album is.Β :eek:
  • There's a reason Art Deco, 24, Religion and Swan Song are never on the setlist (some never being sung)Β :godlaugh:
  • 24 is the worst song Lana has produced. I would rather listen to Noir on repeat.Β :judgingu3:
  • Liking HoneymoonΒ most doesn't make you interesting or unique, sinceΒ every Lana del Rey album has incredible elements.Β :ohsnap:

The most unpopular post in the unpopular opinion thread (that pertains to music obviously :creep:) that ever was. Even I'm not that bold. Hats off to you, really..

Tbf I think that @takeitdoenΒ has made quite a few fair points about 'Honeymoon'.

Β 

Fair warning: while Lana has called this album her "vanity project" I don't think she came in with the pretention of this album being meant to be listened/appreciated differently than other/her other albums.

1.Β Agree that the second half isn't that exciting to listen to. Besides 'Salvatore' and 'The Blackest Day' the rest of it,Β while I'm not hating on these songs, I just don't really revisit them all that much. But then again I don't think that both 'Lust for Life' and 'NFR!',Β besides a few select songs on each albums,Β have much replay value either.Β 

2. I don't care about the album being slow and/or downbeat not one bit. Love me some slower tunes.Β :hooker:

3. Both covers are actually awful, however 'Honeymoon' has hands down the best booklet (and pictures) out of all her albums!

4. The 'Freak' demo blows the album's version out of the water. That's for sure.

5. 'Art Deco' is amazing. Never understood the hate with it. The other two songs you mentioned... eh.

Tbh I love 'Honeymoon' for what it is, I think it's quite an interesting album, both lyrically and from a production standpoint (it's her most elaborate and interesting album as far as lyrics go tbh). But, I do have to be in a specific mood to enjoy it in its entirety.

Β 

Without a doubt, the "Freak" demo is brilliant and a million times better then what was officially released. It has a surfer feel to it. So beautiful. Thank god it was leaked. I don't even listen to the album version anymore.

To me Norman Fucking Rockwell (track) is a little bit boring (even tho IΒ like some of its sassy cringeyΒ lyrics)Β and I haven't listened to it much since the album came out (10 times max)Β :ohno:

Lanarat.png

8 hours ago, baddisease said:

Better than the original artist? No.

Well the reason they’re called covers is because they’re-.....Β :flop:

5 hours ago, Fart Deco said:

To me Norman Fucking Rockwell (track) is a little bit boring (even tho IΒ like some of its sassy cringeyΒ lyrics)Β and I haven't listened to it much since the album came out (10 times max)Β :ohno:

Same

19 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

points after points were made with this post. 8 out of 8

19 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

• The second half of Honeymoon is really entrancing and hasΒ the replay value that Lana's other records don't have.Β :thumb2:
  • Honeymoon is an 'experience' that you need to sit through in its entiretyΒ to enjoyΒ :eek:
  • Chuck's cover is bad, but Neil Krug's is even better.Β :eyeroll2:
  • Freak's demo isn't better than the album version.Β :thirst:
  • There isn'tΒ a reason why Art Deco, 24, Religion and Swan Song are never on the setlist (some never being sung)Β :godlaugh:
  • Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood isn't a good cover.Β :grinds:
  • 24 isn't the worst song Lana has produced. :judgingu3:
  • Liking HoneymoonΒ makes you interesting andΒ unique, but every Lana del Rey album has incredible elements.Β :ohsnap:

Omg the spill

High By The Beach

Art Deco

Burnt Norton Antivirus interlude

Religion

Salvatore

The Blackest Day

Sawn Song

Β 

wow what a serve...your man leaves you, you go crazy. You beg for him to come back, and fantasies about the old days. Reality hits and you crash down. You wait for him but its too late, you have to move on.Β 

Β 

yall havent used HM as a breakup album and it showsΒ 

On 8/22/2020 at 5:03 AM, takeitdoen said:

Wow, I will be serving you with friendship divorce papers later today, citing irreconcilable differences.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I haven't listened to a single Honeymoon track in a couple of years I think. Despite the title track, MTWBT, HBTB and Freak, it's her second worst album so far with NFR! taking the number one spot. Yes I did like tracks like Salvatore, The Blackest Day especiallyΒ and 24 back when I was 19 but like all my memories from that year, they aged like milk. Also she looks weird af in the photoshoot, the UO cover is one of the worst things I've ever seen along with the 2013 Tumblr witchcraft aestheticΒ one for NFR!