Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Marilyn Manson raped and tortured Evan Rachel Wood. Lana seems to attract the worst men in the planet. Her taste in men is absolute garbage. I guess we can say that's an unpopular opinion. :pout:

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/video-of-evan-rachel-wood-detailing-alleged-abusive-relationship-with-marilyn-manson-in-senate-testimony-resurfaces

On 7/5/2020 at 10:24 AM, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

I def think lana is a hater towards the other pop/alt girls. I remember she did a pre-UV interview where she basically said she was the only female artist who actually puts in the work, and that she “just can’t associate” with the other girls in the music industry.

and then she lowkey told on herself when she said her producer was scared to tell her he was working with kali uchis because she’s “similar” and he knew Lana could be “feisty.”

And we all know she fucking hates/hated Halsey, lorde, lady Gaga, now Ariana, etc.

She def has an attitude and looks down on some other females artists, and her IG rants confirm she thinks she paved the way for them (in her mind that prob means she thinks they copy her).

I was spilling this day

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 minute ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

I was spilling this day

You're right except for the fact i'm pretty sure she hasn't even given halsey the dignity of being publicly mentioned by her

but anyways, yeah. people act like theres some kind of secret drama that went on between her and gaga (i.e maybe gaga backstabbed her) but to me its always been pretty obvious that lanas just mad that her own colleague is extremely successful and she isn't 

On 8/29/2020 at 4:41 AM, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Marilyn Manson raped and tortured Evan Rachel Wood. Lana seems to attract the worst men in the planet. Her taste in men is absolute garbage. I guess we can say that's an unpopular opinion. :pout:

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/video-of-evan-rachel-wood-detailing-alleged-abusive-relationship-with-marilyn-manson-in-senate-testimony-resurfaces

the fact that lana recreated a rape scene in a video with him omg..

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

On 7/5/2020 at 10:24 AM, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

I def think lana is a hater towards the other pop/alt girls. I remember she did a pre-UV interview where she basically said she was the only female artist who actually puts in the work, and that she “just can’t associate” with the other girls in the music industry.

and then she lowkey told on herself when she said her producer was scared to tell her he was working with kali uchis because she’s “similar” and he knew Lana could be “feisty.”

And we all know she fucking hates/hated Halsey, lorde, lady Gaga, now Ariana, etc.

She def has an attitude and looks down on some other females artists, and her IG rants confirm she thinks she paved the way for them (in her mind that prob means she thinks they copy her).

I’m not sure if Lana “hates” these other singers. I think at most she resents the fact that someone like Lorde who wouldn’t have a career without Lana has the audacity to criticize Lana. 

Lana was managed by Bob Leone in New York and so was Lady Gaga. Perhaps Lana felt that she only got ahead because of her act. Maybe Lana felt that despite having the more authentic songs that Gaga got ahead first because of her act. 

As for Ariana Grande, it is an open secret that she is not a nice person and that she has a bad attitude. I would not be shocked if Lana bumped heads with her. Many people do. Ariana has had staff members quitting on her. 

Lana innovates and inspires other artists such as Lorde and Billie Eilish. Yet Lana has no Grammys, Lorde has two, Billie has five. Lana has every right to be pissed off about that. The innovator gets looked over while those who were inspired by her gets recognized first. 

Lana is very down to earth and authentic. I think Lana looks at the music industry and sees industry plants, a lack of authenticity, a lack of honest songwriting etc. They get praised for ripping off Lana. They get praised despite lacking authenticity. But Lana is authentic and the critics complain about her. 

So yes, Lana was 100% correct in her IG post from May. She has the right to be pisses off at the music industry establishment. I feel the same way. 

1 hour ago, AlexParliament said:

I’m not sure if Lana “hates” these other singers. I think at most she resents the fact that someone like Lorde who wouldn’t have a career without Lana has the audacity to criticize Lana. 

Lana was managed by Bob Leone in New York and so was Lady Gaga. Perhaps Lana felt that she only got ahead because of her act. Maybe Lana felt that despite having the more authentic songs that Gaga got ahead first because of her act. 

As for Ariana Grande, it is an open secret that she is not a nice person and that she has a bad attitude. I would not be shocked if Lana bumped heads with her. Many people do. Ariana has had staff members quitting on her. 

Lana innovates and inspires other artists such as Lorde and Billie Eilish. Yet Lana has no Grammys, Lorde has two, Billie has five. Lana has every right to be pissed off about that. The innovator gets looked over while those who were inspired by her gets recognized first. 

Lana is very down to earth and authentic. I think Lana looks at the music industry and sees industry plants, a lack of authenticity, a lack of honest songwriting etc. They get praised for ripping off Lana. They get praised despite lacking authenticity. But Lana is authentic and the critics complain about her. 

So yes, Lana was 100% correct in her IG post from May. She has the right to be pisses off at the music industry establishment. I feel the same way. 

I think she’s a music snob and has a diva thing going on. Let’s not act like Lana hasn’t been known to act like a bitch sometimes. It’s okay to admit that. 

but i don’t believe she’s just sitting around hating on halsey or something like that lol. I think if you show her love, she’ll embrace you. If you take a shot at her, she’ll unload on you (see: Lorde). Otherwise, I don’t think she really checks for these girls. In general, she probably thinks they all suck anyway (and she would be correct)

She’s very Nicki in that way. Somewhat territorial but if you give her respect/love she will return it. It’s almost like you gotta kiss the ring to get her to embrace you.

personally I love it. The queen of alternative cant just be going around being besties with everybody 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

1 hour ago, AlexParliament said:

Please. I know this is Lanaboards but this is delusional.

If someone on here claimed that Lana wasn't a nice person with a bad attitude, you'd lose your shit. You don't know Ariana (or Lana) personally so you have no idea. You also have no idea who is "authentic" and who is not.

Lana did not invent alternative pop music. Yes, she's innovative, and I love her music, but she wasn't the first female artist to sing about "being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating, etc" and to be criticised for doing so. It's been happening forever.

She absolutely was not "100% correct" for listing women of colour and claiming that she somehow has had a more difficult time than what they have. Her own manager said that that post was worded poorly. She's also far from the only artist to deserve a Grammy and not get one.

There is definitely jealousy and bitchiness within the music industry. Let's not pretend that Lana is somehow above that, because she isn't.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I don't understand the "Lorde only has a career because of Lana" narrative? Lorde's breakout singles (Royals, Team) aren't sonically or structurally like anything Lana had done at the time? If anything, Grimes and Gwen Stefani paved the way for Lorde sonically? I think Melodrama is a bit more Lana-esque, but I still don't see that clear a connection between the two (whereas I def see a connection between Lana paving the way for artists like Zella Day, FKA Twigs, and maybe even Florence) 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

20 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Please. I know this is Lanaboards but this is delusional.

If someone on here claimed that Lana wasn't a nice person with a bad attitude, you'd lose your shit. You don't know Ariana (or Lana) personally so you have no idea. You also have no idea who is "authentic" and who is not.

Lana did not invent alternative pop music. Yes, she's innovative, and I love her music, but she wasn't the first female artist to sing about "being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating, etc" and to be criticised for doing so. It's been happening forever.

She absolutely was not "100% correct" for listing women of colour and claiming that she somehow has had a more difficult time than what they have. Her own manager said that that post was worded poorly. She's also far from the only artist to deserve a Grammy and not get one.

There is definitely jealousy and bitchiness within the music industry. Let's not pretend that Lana is somehow above that, because she isn't.

just wanna add that i've never heard anything about ariana except that she's a total sweetheart. lana however has gotten some less-than-glowing reviews from any number of people. :hoe:

love my mean girl queen

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

13 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

I don't understand the "Lorde only has a career because of Lana" narrative? Lorde's breakout singles (Royals, Team) aren't sonically or structurally like anything Lana had done at the time? If anything, Grimes and Gwen Stefani paved the way for Lorde sonically? I think Melodrama is a bit more Lana-esque, but I still don't see that clear a connection between the two (whereas I def see a connection between Lana paving the way for artists like Zella Day, FKA Twigs, and maybe even Florence) 

Florence was around - and very popular - way before Lana, so I agree except for that. Also, her music sounds nothing like Lana's.

I don't think Twigs' music sounds like Lana's, either, but I can't comment on Zella because I don't know her stuff.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 hours ago, lilithlana said:

From NFR I only like Bartender, Hope is a dangerous thing and Doin' Time :/

i deleted hope as soon as the album came out on apple music lol

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Everyone who hates on NFR has bad taste and needs to reevaluate their musical choices.

NFR is as good as Ultraviolence and AKA (her best albums). So they're all tied for #1 best by Lana.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

Everyone who hates on NFR has bad taste and needs to reevaluate their musical choices.

NFR is as good as Ultraviolence and AKA (her best albums). So they're all tied for #1 best by Lana.

Ultraviolence, sweetie I'm so sorry. :wtf2: