Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

2 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

The orchestration and production makes the piece mawkish. The Born to Die version sucked the life out of the originally which was fun and very playful. I still like it but it's objectively bad.

Also it has one of the only production fuck ups on the entire record, with the loop pop in the outro.

To be fair, I just like the song because I think the lyrics are cute even though the production/mastering are kinda flat-ish

40 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

Why do people hate 'Lucky Ones' exactly?

when i first had my born to die phase i used to love it. but looking back at it it's one of those songs that make me understand why people found BTD boring. its the same story i feel like several songs in the record was trying to portray. it feels like it was written very quickly

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

5 minutes ago, True Bromance said:

The NFR comic book logo is so ugly and I hate the cover because of it

I feel like this is a somewhat popular opinion but in any case, yes. To this day I don't know what possessed her.

The neon windbreaker and the font are the deal breakers for the cover, imo, and Jack Nicholson's grandson was simply unnecessary. He doesn't add anything, and the fact that he's wearing black is also annoying because he's just so in-your-face.

I guess I just don't "get" it but it doesn't seem to reflect the music at all. When I think of NFR as an entire body of work, it's a much more tranquil (idk if this is the correct word) than what the cover reflects. The fire in the background is perfect, though.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

like I don't even remember the existence of lucky ones lmao

I mean, it's like the last song on the deluxe version of the album, it's not the most memorable song on 'Born To Die'.

Much like I've never really listened to 'Is This Happiness', revoke my stan card. :makeup:

4 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

speaking of which, i feel like American, Cola, Lucky ones, and Diet mountain dew are pretty much the same song 

tenor.gif

No shade, but I feel like this lowkey belongs to the "confused opinions thread" if there ever was one.

2 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I mean, it's like the last song on the deluxe version of the album, it's not the most memorable song on 'Born To Die'.

Much like I've never really listened to 'Is This Happiness', revoke my stan card. :makeup:

not only that, I've always found lucky ones very annoying don't know why tho but definitely one of her least memorable songs ever to me

is this happiness I don't even remember last time I listened to it, like I can't even remember exactly how it sounds except maybe for the first notes :scoff: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

4 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

is this happiness I don't even remember last time I listened to it, like I can't even remember exactly how it sounds except maybe for the first notes :scoff: 

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've listened to 'Is This Happiness' and all of that was in 2014. :stareney2:

3 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

tenor.gif

No shade, but I feel like this lowkey belongs to the "confused opinions thread" if there ever was one.

guess i've just opened my third eye and been enlightened on a dimensional level too high for you guys :headache:

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

9 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

I feel like this is a somewhat popular opinion but in any case, yes. To this day I don't know what possessed her.

The neon windbreaker and the font are the deal breakers for the cover, imo, and Jack Nicholson's grandson was simply unnecessary. He doesn't add anything, and the fact that he's wearing black is also annoying because he's just so in-your-face.

I guess I just don't "get" it but it doesn't seem to reflect the music at all. When I think of NFR as an entire body of work, it's a much more tranquil (idk if this is the correct word) than what the cover reflects. The fire in the background is perfect, though.

hating on norman's cover is definitely a popular opinion here

I actually really like it, the only thing that bothers me besides the font is that her nails color don't match the neon of the windbreaker 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, sexyslutboy said:

guess i've just opened my third eye and been enlightened on a dimensional level too high for you guys :headache:

fair enough ??‍♂️

in the last year or so I've mostly listened to LFL and NFR 

her previous albums seem from a different artist, almost 

I guess both Lana & I have grown and changed through the years and while I still love her old stuff, it's not part of my heavy rotation anymore 

41 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

To be fair, I just like the song because I think the lyrics are cute even though the production/mastering are kinda flat-ish

Obviously it's my opinion, because I'm the one that said it. :kiss:

3lfQEhw.png