Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

5 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

100% and this is probably why she didn't have much to say about the #MeToo movement because she had a consensual relationship with the creep who triggered it

yeah, that was the icing on the cake. "ummm....i'd say he was...flirtatious?" yeah i see you girl. no shame in the game, tho. 

8 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i find this interesting, because i never considered religion to be sarcastic, in fact i always interpreted at as pretty literal, she's so deeply in love with whoever she's singing about, she lives her life being his lover, no matter what happens, she will always be by his side, he's like her religion, although they have eachother and they are both deeply commited, and there isn't anything getting in the way of that, she still needs him. it's definitely a mature, yet very confessional twist on her usual, fragile, submissive role she usually takes on. i'm glad music is up for interpretation and she doesn't flat out say exactly what her songs are about, because i think it would take the magic away a little bit, since this song is kinda special for me. :defeated:

yeah i think it's just about some good old fashioned dick worship personally.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

4 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

burning desire is so slept on. a classic when you're thirsty for dick

idk why but i find that song so cheesy

its just so generic and stiff. its obvious she wrote that for the purposes of a car commercial. so in that way, it does work. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

5 hours ago, Party Favor said:

burning desire is so slept on. a classic when you're thirsty for dick

Honestly this song makes me so horny, I can’t put it on any of my playlists cause I get to into those heavy breathing parts (and that’s bad for driving)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

And also so I don’t feel bad for kinda going off topic...

my unpopular opinion is that I actually really like Chuck’s photography. I really like her style and I think there’s something amazing about her just using her iPhone. In a world where photography has become so accessible for literally everyone (you are most likely holding a device Rn with a camera in it) i like that she as a photographer is leaning into that and still creating beautiful pictures, whether they seem mundane or not, but just with her phone. I will stan the alternate cover art of NFR till the day I die (double unpopular opinion BAM!). I’m a fan, I don’t appreciate the h8, but also go off cause it’s all subjective to the viewer anyway and your opinions are valid :kiss3: 

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I never found her "i've slept with a lot of guys in the industry" comment to be controversial or provocative at all. 

It's just sort of common sense. If you're going into an industry you're probably gonna be romantically/sexually involved with people in the same sort of work

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Comparing NFR lyrics with Violet poems, it seems NFR is flat and Violet explores more on her words writing ability. Would love more deep lyrical themes in cocc rather in the car I’m your baby

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

4 hours ago, yayoop said:

Honestly this song makes me so horny, I can’t put it on any of my playlists cause I get to into those heavy breathing parts (and that’s bad for driving)

Same! It’s one of those songs I exclusively listen to at my house. 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I absolutely prefer the album version of How To Disappear, not only is obviously more polished but it has some lo-fi elements production-wise, matching well with Love song's instrumentation.

Also if we had the piano version on the album y'all would be complaining about too many piano ballads :typewriter:

Capture.jpg

21 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

'13 Beaches' does nothing for me and 'Get Free' has to be the best song on 'Lust for Life'.

get free cured my depression. i cannot be mentally ill when that song plays 

UguUCJc.gif

20 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

'13 Beaches' does nothing for me and 'Get Free' has to be the best song on 'Lust for Life'.

I never really got into 'Get Free' since the whole Radiohead controversy and how awkward it all seemed to me...until I gave it a chance a couple of months ago and yeah, now it's tied with 'Heroin' for me and I think it's her best album closer for how good it transitions to NFR.

Capture.jpg

11 hours ago, past the bushes said:

Also if we had the piano version on the album y'all would be complaining about too many piano ballads :typewriter:

there were already too many piano ballads/driven songs on that album anyway, one more wouldn't have made that much of a difference quite honestly.

an album of salvatores, off to the races, honeymoons, lolitas, brite lites, mermaid motels, religions, sad girls, groupie loves yes ma'am :nails:

im manifesting it

UguUCJc.gif

6 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

an album of salvatores, off to the races, honeymoons, lolitas, brite lites, mermaid motels, religions, sad girls, groupie loves yes ma'am :nails:

im manifesting it

Why is 'Sad Girl' so slept on? It's legit one of the best songs on 'Ultraviolence'. I know some stans complain about its "repetitiveness", but I honestly don't care, it has so much bravado in its melodies, the whole thing has so much fire and intensity. I venture to say that had 'Pretty When You Cry' not existed (and that guitar solo) the bridge in 'Sad Girl' would've been the climax of that whole album. 

Sorry, I just get really passionate about 'Sad Girl'.

2 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

Why is 'Sad Girl' so slept on? It's legit one of the best songs on 'Ultraviolence'. I know some stans complain about its "repetitiveness", but I honestly don't care, it has so much bravado in its melodies, the whole thing has so much fire and intensity. I venture to say that had 'Pretty When You Cry' not existed (and that guitar solo) the bridge in 'Sad Girl' would've been the climax of that whole album. 

Sorry, I just get really passionate about 'Sad Girl'.

Ugh, the hate sad girl gets is so unwarranted. it's #1 in my top 5 off the album purely for the chorus. I feel the repetitive nature of the song adds a ton of charm, and it's one of those songs that I can see myself listening to, top down, driving along the coast, or in my house putting christmas decorations up while it snows. 

UguUCJc.gif

i don't understand why people have an issue with sad girl specifically because of it's repetition when a lot of other songs on the album have that same element. ultraviolence, pretty when you cry, black beauty, and is this happiness all have repeating choruses yet i don't really see anyone complain about them.

i love sad girl as well, there's something powerful about it, it's like she's finding her own power and strength by admitting that she is, and the playing the role as, the sad girl archetype.

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!