Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

2 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

also flipside should have been on the standard album or replaced is this happiness on the deluxe

Maybe erase Guns And Roses from existence?

I feel like you could put Flipside in it's place and maybe add Fine China where Flipside originally is? Would feel a lot more cohesive having Is This Happiness and a song similar to it next.

Capture.jpg

7 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

also flipside should have been on the standard album or replaced is this happiness on the deluxe

1 minute ago, past the bushes said:

I feel like you could put Flipside in it's place and maybe add Fine China where Flipside originally is? Would feel a lot more cohesive having Is This Happiness and a song similar to it next.

Erase Guns and Roses entirely, put Flipside and Is This Happiness on the standard.

giphy.gif

Sad Girl was my favorite UV song when I first listened to UV and still is my favorite UV song now. Its just so sexy yet melancholy and the production is just so good. And the last part of the bridge when she sings "hes got the fire and he walks with it hes got the fire and he talks with it" for the last time is just so chilling how it goes quiet with just the guitar and her voice :legend:Religion is the same way for me aswell from Honeymoon. Another amazing song that people tend to dislike over other songs on the album. To me though they're the best songs from each album.

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

11 minutes ago, boom like that said:

Sad Girl was my favorite UV song when I first listened to UV and still is my favorite UV song now. Its just so sexy yet melancholy and the production is just so good. And the last part of the bridge when she sings "hes got the fire and he walks with it hes got the fire and he talks with it" for the last time is just so chilling how it goes quiet with just the guitar and her voice :legend:Religion is the same way for me aswell from Honeymoon. Another amazing song that people tend to dislike over other songs on the album. To me though they're the best songs from each album.

Taste!!!! Sad Girl is also my favourite song from UV & still my favourite song she’s officially released so far. Religion is also in my top 3 from HM. Underrated masterpieces xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

24 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

23 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Erase Guns and Roses entirely, put Flipside and Is This Happiness on the standard.

im glad we all can agree that guns and roses shouldn't have a place in this world. i don't dislike is this happiness so i wouldn't mind having both. I just hate that flipside isn't avail on streaming services unless you illegally dl it. 

13 minutes ago, boom like that said:

sad girl stans uniting i see :nails: religion is great. i didn't know people hated it? i feel it's one of the stronger songs on the album. then again, i do prefer the second half of honeymoon over the first half (minus don't let me be misunderstood). not to say i don't enjoy the first half, but i really like the darker undertones that start with the burnt norton interlude

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

also, can someone please convince me to give music to watch boys to a 10th chance? i have never understood the hype, even when it was first released  :headache:

UguUCJc.gif

12 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

also, can someone please convince me to give music to watch boys to a 10th chance? i have never understood the hype, even when it was first released  :headache:

the song isn't that interesting. it's just the music video that really makes it 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

17 minutes ago, Elle said:

Taste!!!! Sad Girl is also my favourite song from UV & still my favourite song she’s officially released so far. Religion is also in my top 3 from HM. Underrated masterpieces xx

Yes!! Ugh legends only :hooker: I guess objectively speaking West Coast, SoC, Brooklyn Baby are some of the best songs off UV but something about Sad Girl is just much more special than them in a way, to me anyway. Same with Religion but I have to say some of the other songs off HM are at the same level such as the TBD. As you said they really are underrated masterpieces.

14 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

sad girl stans uniting i see :nails: religion is great. i didn't know people hated it? i feel it's one of the stronger songs on the album. then again, i do prefer the second half of honeymoon over the first half (minus don't let me be misunderstood). not to say i don't enjoy the first half, but i really like the darker undertones that start with the burnt norton interlude

Sad Girl getting the recognition shes always deserved :nails: Honestly I like the second half a lil better than the first half of HM too. Honeymoon (the track), TLY, and Art Deco are some of my favorites off HM but I feel like the second half is better collectively and has amazing songs like Religion, Salvatore, TBD, etc.

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 hour ago, boom like that said:

Totally agree! These are the ones I also gravitated towards. I might not call them my favourites from the albums but I go back to them the most. 

I just love how they make me feel. 

58 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

Listen with good headphones when you're in a really carefree/badass mood and it will be great! 

It used to always be a skip but it definitely grew on me as a lovely track. 

I know Billie Eilish has stated lana del rey to be one of her biggest inspirations but they are completely different and constantly seeing  comments on how lana "invented" her is annoying. the only thing they have in common is that they sing about sad things, but i can name you a billion other artists who do the same

billies music, in terms of both sound and lyrics, are extremely simple but they're effective. Lana is known for her work that is extremely grandiose and prose-y. 

completely different. they're even sort of opposites. 

I'm now realizing that i already posted something just like this on this thread already. but the reason it's coming back to me again is cause i've finally decided to look into billies music and it really does stand out 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

i feel like the general consensus is that stevie nicks ruined BPBP, but for me, she's the single reason i listen to that song. when her vocals kick in along with the drum beat it's like heaven, and hearing both her and lana sing together is gorgeous. also i love the lyric "my heart is soft, my past is rough" :flutter:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

12 hours ago, Party Favor said:

it always bored me to tears and then JUST hit for me this year– sometimes a song takes its time revealing its power to you and all you can do is wait. it may never happen and that's also fine!

aOaIzH2.gif

1 minute ago, daphnedinkley said:

i feel like the general consensus is that stevie nicks ruined BPBP, but for me, she's the single reason i listen to that song. when her vocals kick in along with the drum beat it's like heaven, and hearing both her and lana sing together is gorgeous. also i love the lyric "my heart is soft, my past is rough" :flutter:

it just doesn't sound like stevie to me. everyone always drags sean and says her sounds like kermit, but stevie straight up sounds like a muppet. which is unfortunate bc her voice is usually divine. 

on the topic of LFL, have we all collectively agreed that coachella is garbage? if not, then im here to say that it is. reminds me very much of those white celebs who participate in social activism by posting a blacked out photo on insta and calling it a day 

UguUCJc.gif

13 hours ago, past the bushes said:

i love guns and roses and dont get the hate for it– to me its so atmospheric and moody, and is just such a vibe overall.

aOaIzH2.gif

2 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

it just doesn't sound like stevie to me. everyone always drags sean and says her sounds like kermit, but stevie straight up sounds like a muppet. which is unfortunate bc her voice is usually divine. 

idk why this is SENDING ME :thumb3:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

9 minutes ago, themoonstop said:

i love guns and roses and dont get the hate for it– to me its so atmospheric and moody, and is just such a vibe overall.

It's a nice song and I don't think it's repetitive like some say it is (it's actually hard for me to find a Lana song I don't like) but it really feels like so many outtakes could use its place in the album.

Also with how big of a sound all of UV had it kinda feels like it's missing something?

Capture.jpg

Idc for 24 hours or swan song. Blackest day is good but not one of her essentials imo, and Salvatore is fine. The second half of honeymoon isn’t it for me, and I know most people love it (I love the whole thing up to Salvatore tho). It’s not to say it isn’t good, it just isn’t the Lana stuff that moves me.