Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I wish it was just "Cinnamon" tbh.

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day, actually.  I know everyone says that the title is a reference to the Neil Young song,  but thematically,  the songs have nothing in common so that reference seems really random ... at first. 

It's interesting because I've had a theory that HIAB and Cinnamon Girl started off as one song which was later split into two and the fact that she called it Cinnamon Girl convinces me of it. 

HIAB has much more in common with the Neil Young song:

wanna live with a cinnamon girl

I could be happy the rest of my life

With a cinnamon girl

A dreamer of pictures, I run in the night

You see us together, chasing the moonlight

My cinnamon girl

Ten silver saxes, a bass with a bow

The drummer relaxes and waits between shows

For his cinnamon girl

A dreamer of pictures, I run in the night

You see us together, chasing the moonlight

My cinnamon girl

Pa sent me money now

I'm going to make it somehow

need another chance

You see your baby loves to dance

Yeah, yeah, yeah

They have similar themes and lyrics. Neil Young's song is about a dude in a band who's in love with a "cinnamon girl", they meet up at night (in the "moonlight") and the latter part of the song references dancing, as does HIAB. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I really dislike how she says she's "changed her mind" everytime she sings NFR. I don't know why, it was cute the first time, but now it's just...idk.

I agree. I feel like she was trying to be edgy and/or slight an ex-boyfriend with that line, but now it's just embarrassing because it's clear that her "change of mind" wasn't a good one.

:smile3:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I really dislike how she says she's "changed her mind" everytime she sings NFR. I don't know why, it was cute the first time, but now it's just...idk.

it's probably so that she doesn't have to sing the note that appears in the song

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

i have no idea if this is actually an unpopular opinion but When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing is so good?  it's one of the few songs on LFL i feel compelled to actually come back to nowadays

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

i have no idea if this is actually an unpopular opinion but When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing is so good?  it's one of the few songs on LFL i feel compelled to actually come back to nowadays

the intro actually slays me every time ngl

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I have lost so much interest in Lana til it's scary. At first I chalked it up to me growing up, but it's not the case.

Like Lana was a huge inspiration for me in so many ways. I've been writing since I was a kid, but her phrasing and a way of words has influenced my work immensely. Like her influence is on me is up there with Edgar Allen Poe, Sylvia Plath, and Maya Angelou, so yeah- she impacted me a lot and she even fully inspired me to start singing (her low, deep voice reassured me that it was normal lol)

But now I rarely listen to her, especially her newer music. Like now when I listen to music she's the last thing I put on my playlist. I couldn't figure out why but now I know why: she's lazy and almost uninspired in a way and I think she's out of touch with her fans in a way? Like remember LFL was supposed to be for the fans( LOL BITCH THE FUCK WHERE?) I hate it bc I no longer find her to be a muse as much as she used to be, and lately she's been giving off these vibes that puts me off of her.

i'm truly convinced that if she doesn't get her shit together this new girly, wherever she comes from or is will take her place :creep: and tbh i won't even mind

:creep: and tbh i won't even mind

lol right

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Guns and roses is extremely underappreciated. 

I'm not big on the lyrics at all, but the instrumental is heavenly. It totally sends me, towards the end. 

And her vocal layering is beautiful. One of my favourites.

I love the contrast of deep vocals in the verse to airy and high vocals everywhere else in the song. It's very classic Lana in that way. 

The drums are so strong yet so soothing too. They ground me even though the other parts in the production are very psychedelic and trippy. It's definitely a "for headphones in a quiet room" song, like everything on Honeymoon.

I don't know how all this gets ignored and how everyone just passes it as 'her worst song'. It's nowhere near her worst. I don't think it's in the top 30% of her discography but it beats most NFR songs easy. 

After writing a little essay about West Coast in the the "Ultimate, Decade-End Lana Del Rey Ranking" thread, I went back to listen to Ultraviolence from start to finish. Honestly this album is just amazing. The production is so rich, detailed and layered. I understand that the raw/rough, live band type of sound was not, and is not for everyone. But to me, it's such an experience and every time I'm listening to it I feel like I can get lost in its sound and just analyze how detailed and impressive it really is. West Coast truly is Lana's most amazing song in that regard, it's a sonic experience from start to finish. 

Now here's unto the unpopular part. I feel like Lana post Honeymoon has gotten somewhat sloppy and disinterested with the production of her records. On Lust for Life there were gems, but it was pretty uneven; the the worst cohabited with the best and it was overall a little too tainted with cheap trap beats. On NFR, though it's nothing like LFL, it feels like the entire record was meant to sound flat and tedious. There are definitely instrumentation highlights on the record (Venice Bitch), but the rest of the album, in that regard, is almost completely forgettable and it just sucks. The few songs that I like on the record are already losing their luster and it's not even been six months since the album's release.

It sucks that I feel this way about her album, but I haven't been "transported" or impressed from start to finish by her albums after Honeymoon.

After writing a little essay about West Coast in the the "Ultimate, Decade-End Lana Del Rey Ranking" thread, I went back to listen to Ultraviolence from start to finish. Honestly this album is just amazing. The production is so rich, detailed and layered. I understand that the raw/rough, live band type of sound was not, and is not for everyone. But to me, it's such an experience and every time I'm listening to it I feel like I can get lost in its sound and just analyze how detailed and impressive it really is. West Coast truly is Lana's most amazing song in that regard, it's a sonic experience from start to finish. 

Now here's unto the unpopular part. I feel like Lana post Honeymoon has gotten somewhat sloppy and disinterested with the production of her records. On Lust for Life there were gems, but it was pretty uneven; the the worst cohabited with the best and it was overall a little too tainted with cheap trap beats. On NFR, though it's nothing like LFL, it feels like the entire record was meant to sound flat and tedious. There are definitely instrumentation highlights on the record (Venice Bitch), but the rest of the album, in that regard, is almost completely forgettable and it just sucks. The few songs that I like on the record are already losing their luster and it's not even been six months since the album's release.

It sucks that I feel this way about her album, but I haven't been "transported" or impressed from start to finish by her albums after Honeymoon.

Agreed. I can't believe how much I loved California for the first few weeks of the release. I think it was only cause her good vocals came back in the chorus. 

I did love Lust for Life (everything besides the singles) for a few months but I also got really confused after that because it just didn't feel 'magic' like her previous albums. Same with NFR, but the realisation came a lot faster. 

NFR and Honeymoon are better than Ultraviolence 

Truth.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i haven't listened to guns and roses in over 8 or something months. was it taken off of spotify?

the opinion here is that i'm not bothered to listen to it. i want to now because i don't remember much of it though. not saying it isn't good 

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189