Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

1 hour ago, takeitdoen said:

Unsure if I think Tomorrow Never Came is terrible because of the song, or just because Sean Lennon's voice is awful. He is like King Midas, but instead of gold everything he touches turns to shit.

Pretty sure it's both, but without him it'd just be a below-average Lana song, with him it's pretty much unlistenable. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

9 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i find groupie love so boring :suicide:

it's one of those songs, which I love certain parts (in that case a single part), I think the song had a lot of potential and I love everything in there until after "I know what you're thinking of" after that it's a skip. :eek:

9 hours ago, MAX DEL REY said:

it's one of those songs, which I love certain parts (in that case a single part), I think the song had a lot of potential and I love everything in there until after "I know what you're thinking of" after that it's a skip. :eek:

Same! I love the begging to the end of the first chorus, then the final chorus with ASAP singing is heavenly and one of the best moments on LFL, but all that in between is pretty meh

I actually never had a problem with the Summertime Sadness remix. I had only discovered Lana a few months before it hit radio and I was always happy to hear it play! I would only get annoyed when people complained about the song, like "I don't get it", because they clearly didn't know it was a remix. 

What I didn't like were the Young & Beautiful remixes. Unfortunately I think the addition of those two remixes stereotyped Lana as singing oddly sad and sombre in club tracks, so a lot of people never bothered to look past those few hits.

But honestly I still wouldn't skip the SS remix if it came up on shuffle :smokes: 

5 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

why do people still pretend she is not CLEARLY saying "harvey" on cola...

for real all the official lyrics I've seen it's all clearly written "Ah he's in the sky" so there's that I guess :biblio:

13 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

for real all the official lyrics I've seen it's all clearly written "Ah he's in the sky" so there's that I guess :biblio:

She definitely sang it live as "Harvey" but perhaps it wasn't the original studio lyric. Lana is definitely one to switch lyrics in live performances, especially for shock value (such as in Born to Die's let me kiss/fuck you hard in the pouring rain)

That being said, I doubt she really knew everything that was going on behind the scenes with W until it was brought to light, and then she immediately took the song off her setlist. It hasn't been performed live since the final date of her 2016 Festival Tour.

truth be told though I do miss hearing it live, and sort of hope one day she'll throw it in again during a performance sans the Harvey lyric x

(:19)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

She definitely sang it live as "Harvey" but perhaps it wasn't the original studio lyric. Lana is definitely one to switch lyrics in live performances, especially for shock value (such as in Born to Die's let me kiss/fuck you hard in the pouring rain)

That being said, I doubt she really knew everything that was going on behind the scenes with W until it was brought to light, and then she immediately took the song off her setlist. It hasn't been performed live since the final date of her 2016 Festival Tour.

truth be told though I do miss hearing it live, and sort of hope one day she'll throw it in again during a performance sans the Harvey lyric x

(:19)

That is indeed true! I think she also said that the song was about an Harvey Winston type of character, who was actually a famed American jeweler. Which would kind of make sense with the "in the sky with diamonds and he's making me crazy". But I think the origins to 'Cola' and her so called relationship with Harvey Weinstein is a bit shady. :creep:

lana def had an affair with weinstein. and i'm not judging at all. he was a pig and its gross that he basically had these starlets wrapped around his finger. 

but i mean, it's right there in front of our faces lol. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

8 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

lana def had an affair with weinstein. and i'm not judging at all. he was a pig and its gross that he basically had these starlets wrapped around his finger. 

but i mean, it's right there in front of our faces lol. 

100% and this is probably why she didn't have much to say about the #MeToo movement because she had a consensual relationship with the creep who triggered it

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

On 9/10/2020 at 8:56 PM, vodkaa said:

Religion's such a badass song especially when u think about it from a sarcastic perspective. like whoever she's singing it to- wow. 

i find this interesting, because i never considered religion to be sarcastic, in fact i always interpreted at as pretty literal, she's so deeply in love with whoever she's singing about, she lives her life being his lover, no matter what happens, she will always be by his side, he's like her religion, although they have eachother and they are both deeply commited, and there isn't anything getting in the way of that, she still needs him. it's definitely a mature, yet very confessional twist on her usual, fragile, submissive role she usually takes on. i'm glad music is up for interpretation and she doesn't flat out say exactly what her songs are about, because i think it would take the magic away a little bit, since this song is kinda special for me. :defeated:

39 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

Wonder if that song W is a cola demo or just another song about .., you know :biblio:

i'm pretty sure "w" was just an old song on her myspace that is speculated to be wayamaya?

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i find this interesting, because i never considered religion to be sarcastic, in fact i always interpreted at as pretty literal, she's so deeply in love with whoever she's singing about, she lives her life being his lover, no matter what happens, she will always be by his side, he's like her religion, although they have eachother and they are both deeply commited, and there isn't anything getting in the way of that, she still needs him. it's definitely a mature, yet very confessional twist on her usual, fragile, submissive role she usually takes on. i'm glad music is up for interpretation and she doesn't flat out say exactly what her songs are about, because i think it would take the magic away a little bit, since this song is kinda special for me. :defeated:

oh no ur honestly good. I just like thinking of different ways of interpreting songs it's just something I do. I know what u mean, and know how the song's supposed to be intended, just something I do, multiple perspectives n all that. 

UV/Honeymoon