Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 2/3/2021 at 8:07 AM, LustForcocc said:

I high key get this vibe, mixed with your best friends creepy older brother who only seems to come out his room when you’re around

Β 

just noΒ 

LMAO what even-Β :air::air:

Y0jLcfB.gif.Λšβ‚Šβ€§.ΰΌ»π“†©β€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΒ My love's pourin' 𓆩β€ͺβ€ͺβ€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΰΌΊ.β€§β‚ŠΛš.Β yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

Β°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||Like a waterfall.||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°

1:32━━━━━♑────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ β–Β β–Œ β–·β–· | β†Ί

6 minutes ago, new gods said:

Β 

neil took like one pic of her on set of the music videoΒ 

A tragedy

'Get Free' is hands down her best album closer.

16 hours ago, Max Del Rey said:

'Get Free' is hands down her best album closer.

The thread is for "unpopular opinions," sis. That's one of the most popular opinions out there.Β :eartha:

Β 

I was actually about to say that I never understood the hype for "Get Free." Is it the lyrics? Is it the fact that it sounds like a "Creep" rip off?Β 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

49 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

The thread is for "unpopular opinions," sis. That's one of the most popular opinions out there.Β :eartha:

Β 

I was actually about to say that I never understood the hype for "Get Free." Is it the lyrics? Is it the fact that it sounds like a "Creep" rip off?Β 

Or the fact the it's actually the best song off L*st for Life perhaps?Β :teehee:

Someone said a while ago that they actually like the cheesy lyrics because it shows how genuine the music is, and at first i disagreed, but now thats exactly how i feel. Not all of the lyrics being perfect prose or something makes it feel human

Β 157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

5 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

Someone said a while ago that they actually like the cheesy lyrics because it shows how genuine the music is, and at first i disagreed, but now thats exactly how i feel.

This is exactly how I feel aboutΒ NFR’sΒ less lyrically nuanced moments. In those moments where she wasn’tΒ being super poetic or β€œinsightful,” she was delivering really on-the-spot &Β honest emotionalΒ expression.Β 

I think the chorus ofΒ Cinnamon GirlΒ is a great example of this; it’s not particularly complex from a lyrical standpoint, but it verbalizesΒ a lot of unspoken and implicit hesitations, and she manages to deliver the lines in such a way that is both intimate and vulnerable.

Β 

β€œβ€¦and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia PlathΒ 

lana has a terrible eye for visual artΒ :toofunny:Β  even since honeymoon when she did that gorgeous photoshoot then chose the worst photo out of the batch for the cover. i always felt like her first 3 album covers were TOO simplistic butΒ HM, NFR and COCC covers all have so much going on with them that it's a bit of an eyesore.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

4 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

flipside is overratedΒ 

I will reign hellfire upon you for even having the audacity to bring her up in this thread, how dare youΒ 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

24 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

I will reign hellfire upon you for even having the audacity to bring her up in this thread, how dare youΒ 

5bzu3Y4.png

Β 

Spoiler

Flipside is still overrated tho.Β :fabcat:

Β 

5 hours ago, Contemplating God said:

Β 

Β I dont like it either. Sounds as if Lana was comissioned to do the new Spongebob's theme song.

Beautiful People & Beautiful Problems came on shuffle this morning and I actually liked it like it isn't thatΒ  bad.

I actually like the Lust for Life album ...Idk sometimes I need the less dark & upbeat sound

Β 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

honestly, i love aka and i really wish i had been around during that era. there’s something so pure, honest, and just lovableΒ about that work - especiallyΒ her homemade videos.Β just the idea that she was looking up clips or just using stuff she had saved already and lip syncing her own songs to put out on YouTube for the world to see, despite not having a massive following (yet)Β is precious...Β  Β  Β  Β  Β :trisha:

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  gZ0f.gif

Β