Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Just now, partymonster said:

i thought i was the only one who couldn’t stand cherry... and the random cussing just pisses me off

I've disliked it since it was two months old. There's just no emotion in her voice.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

Just listened to Cherry for the first time in like a year or whatever, and I remembered why I never play it... Her voice is just so distant and non-engaging. This is why I barely listen to the album. :um3:

she sounds very “off-key” throughout most of LFL i feel 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

This version of Summertime Sadness is so underrated. I love it more than any other versions of Summertime Sadness and it might be one of favourite Lana songs ever...the outro:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I literally don’t understand how/why people hate Lucky Ones so much. I love everything about it...the lyrics, vocals, production. It’s one of her best songs IMO

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I don't understand why people are annoyed at Lana for promoting her brother's and sister's work. Maybe Lana sees something special even if we think they're mediocre. If I had a platform and genuinely felt like my siblings had something to give to the world I'll promote them as much as Lana promotes her siblings. 

-Homeland of the Gods-

yeah i think it’s cute she supports them just like they support her even tho she doesn’t need promotion from them it just shows they care about each other’s art 

unrelated but lana acknowledging a hyperpop song feels very surreal to me 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I’m doing a run-through of Honeymoon while I work on a Sunday :pft: and while I really like the song Freak there’s a part of it that really annoys me. She goes “let’s dance by the ocean ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah...” and the ah’s are such a wasted opportunity for a nice lyric. It’s like she came up with that at the eleventh hour and didn’t have anything better to write. Similar situation with West Coast’s “crazy y cubano como yo la la” like sis come on, you can do better :oprah3:

3 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

I’m doing a run-through of Honeymoon while I work on a Sunday :pft: and while I really like the song Freak there’s a part of it that really annoys me. She goes “let’s dance by the ocean ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah...” and the ah’s are such a wasted opportunity for a nice lyric. It’s like she came up with that at the eleventh hour and didn’t have anything better to write. Similar situation with West Coast’s “crazy y cubano como yo la la” like sis come on, you can do better :oprah3:

i agree, I love freak but the lyrics you pointed out and the ‘stranger than a stranger’ line both are very jarring in an otherwise good song

and with West Coast she might as well have said ‘my love’ instead of la la because that’s what we’ve all been singing since it came out :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

i agree, I love freak but the lyrics you pointed out and the ‘stranger than a stranger’ line both are very jarring in an otherwise good song

and with West Coast she might as well have said ‘my love’ instead of la la because that’s what we’ve all been singing since it came out :thumb2:

100%%% I’m with you sis :gurl:

Oh Say Can You See is better than Pawn Shop Blues. Both are perfect to me, though.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 2/21/2021 at 4:36 PM, Contemplating God said:

Oh Say Can You See is better than Pawn Shop Blues. Both are perfect to me, though.

I second that

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

Lmao I’ve never noticed the dead inside thing but I do actively hate this song 

i was listening to gaga's cover of it and the thought came to me. they're obviously very different singers with unique abilities but i just noticed gaga had more emotion, sorry lanz :makeup:

4 minutes ago, partymonster said:

idk if this is unpopular but i hate don't let me be misunderstood so much. she just sounds so dead inside

I love it exactly because of that

sounds like I'm listening to old radio from the 1960s, hearing this mysterious glamorous singer suffering

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg