Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 20.02.2021 at 11:23, Pico Boulevard said:

Summertime Sadness'ın bu versiyonu çok küçümsenmiş. Summertime Sadness'ın diğer tüm versiyonlarından daha çok seviyorum ve şimdiye kadarki favori Lana şarkılarından biri olabilir ... outro: trisha:

very nice really thanks for sharing

13 hours ago, partymonster said:

idk if this is unpopular but i hate don't let me be misunderstood so much. she just sounds so dead inside

Honestly, I think I would’ve liked Lana’s cover if I hadn’t heard Nina Simone sing it. Nina made her cover sound like shit. I love Lana but it’s true. Nina cannot be topped and nobody can ever come close to her and that’s a fact

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

On 2/25/2021 at 2:15 AM, Angelic Tropico said:

Honestly, I think I would’ve liked Lana’s cover if I hadn’t heard Nina Simone sing it. Nina made her cover sound like shit. I love Lana but it’s true. Nina cannot be topped and nobody can ever come close to her and that’s a fact

My main issue with the cover is that there’s almost no variation in the vocals or production. Objectively, Lana’s rendition is not remotely bad at all; in fact, I like it. She sounds nice, the production fits the track, etc.—it’s just not incredibly interesting, and there’s very little buildup (if that makes any sense)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

My main issue with the cover is that there’s almost no variation in the vocals or production. Objectively, Lana’s rendition is not remotely bad at all; in fact, I like it. She sounds nice, the production fits the track, etc.—it’s just not incredibly interesting, and there’s very little buildup (if that makes any sense)

I completely get it. Her cover sounds so monotonous. With other versions (especially Nina's) there's so much passion being poured into the vocals and they're accompanied by a powerful, moving instrumental. Lana's version just falls flat.

It's a shame because Honeymoon would be a 10/10 without that track. I like every song off that album apart from that cover :icant:

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

7 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I completely get it. Her cover sounds so monotonous. With other versions (especially Nina's) there's so much passion being poured into the vocals and they're accompanied by a powerful, moving instrumental. Lana's version just falls flat.

It's a shame because Honeymoon would be a 10/10 without that track. I like every song off that album apart from that cover :icant:

her not ending honeymoon with swan song is and always will be a crime against women and gays 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

"Your Girl" has AMAZING verses, but like a lot of the songs on Ultraviolence, I hate the repetitive chorus.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 2/27/2021 at 2:59 PM, heroinmelodies said:

TNBAR NFR version outsold the demo :fabcat:

Facts only. She's asleep in the demo recording.

tropico at the same time that gave us amazing visuals and aesthetic and was a cultural reset at the time, is also very forgettable to me

idk exactly why  :derpna2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I always loved the Yayo Paradise version most. 

Don't get me wrong, I was STUNNED when I discovered the AKA version and I swear that was a spiritual experience, but the Paradise version is the one that grew on me and I think it has her best vocals, hands downs. She just carries it with such intensity and longing in the Paradise version, even though I do think the song was meant to be a sweet little lullaby like the AKA version, and how she plays it live with guitar. 

I genuinely think Honeymoon & Bel Air (+ Ride) are her best music videos.

She had balls for releasing Honeymoon as the first song from that album, then making it track 1. She really did not give one fuck.