Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

12 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I did not read your message before posting and I think exactly like you.

The artist she was at the beginning and now has changed, yes in the meantime she has become a superstar, an icon, but until 2015-2016 she still had this "old Lana" thing that reminded us of her art at the top.

Now we feel that she has succeeded, she has achieved her goal and her dream, she knows that her fans will buy everything she offers since she has understood the magic recipe for making good music and no longer cares about the rest.

She is very self-centered, bordering on narcissism, and her recent scandals remind me of an authentic girl who has become too spoiled, a princess like a rich 18-year-old girl.

I miss her awkwardness at the start, her smiles, her red cheeks and her shyness. Her garage jackets too haha. She has gained confidence, that's good, but part of her authenticity is definitely gone. She's calculating her image too much now and it ties in with my post where I think she lost that "lana del rey" thing where she seemed so proud of her music videos, her songs, her life, everything.

The advantage is that she will never release bad songs and thank God, but yes this old Lana, shy, young in Hollywood, emotional, her so particular way of making her songs with arrangements of her own has disappeared to make way has a rich star far from reality as Lady Gaga has become over time...

She would have entered the music market with what she offers today, I wouldn't have really paid attention.

Authentic Lana before> Lana Del Rey today

I didn’t wanna be the one to say it  :agree2:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I miss when she seemed to be so invested in her music and her art. She used to be in interviews nervous as hell and be straight up weird, but the second they asked her about actual music, she would perk right up and get so excited. She loved talking about “her records” and what they mean to her and how she made them, etc. 

when she performed live, she seemed like she actually cared. She would get sad during the sad songs, smile during the happy ones, etc. Idk how to describe it, other than the fact that she seemed like she really just *felt* it. Same with her music videos, they just felt more personal and like she actually took pride and effort in making them. 

now, I think the word I would use to describe her is “aloof.” She could care less these days, that’s the vibe I’m getting. I understand that she’s about to be like a ten year vet in the industry, so ofc shes older and less bright-eyed about everything, but still. It all just feels so impersonal now. 

Her interviews are about anything but music, and when she does actually remember she’s a musician and not a politician or a psychologist, she’s like “oh yeah I made the record, it’s okay I guess.” Her live performances, she seems bored. She just kinda sways around and barely sings, fussing about her vape instead of the people paying to hear her perform. Half the time she looks like she’d rather be somewhere else. Music videos (except for Chemtrails I will give her that) look like they were made on an iPhone in her backyard. Because they were. 

And I’m not making this about “ugh NFR sucks hahaha” because I’m not even talking about the music itself. I just mean her. She has reason to be more mature and jaded and perhaps tired and “over it.” But if you’re so over it, take a vacation instead of just seeming bored and frustrated. The music is gonna hit regardless bc Shes Lana Del Rey and she is incapable of making bad music. But if she doesnt want to do it anymore, or at least right now, girl take a break. You seem so disinterested in music lol. 

Damn i fucking ramble a lot

i agree with all of this. i think the unfortunate truth is that's just how some people become in the industry after so long, they still make music because they genuinely love to but they grow out of the gimmicks and the passion to be a "true artist" with the visuals and performances. we hardly see any artists with actual album eras anymore, most of them are doing surprise drops now cause they can't be bothered to carry out a full era which i'd much rather see from her cause at the end of the day that's why she's loved, it's the music.

i'd say in the beginning of her career lana had quite a few shock-factor moments but i think she's just tired of being in the spotlight and trying to prove anything, the industry has pretty much chewed her up and spit her out throughout her 10 years, NFR was really the first time that she got universal acclaim you never really saw critics or news outlets genuinely appreciating her whenever she'd put out new work she seemed so passionate about, they always had to bring up some flaw. i think QFTC is something she's always felt and when she finally put it out there in the world it was her saying she really doesn't give a fuck how people perceive her whether she's playing it safe or being truly authentic. this all just feels like a reaction to how she's been treated thus far in her career so i don't blame her for not being as enthusiastic with it anymore cause maybe to her she feels like nobody really cares. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I wouldn't mind if she decided to retire or take a long break or vacation. Maybe go to Europe or Asia to breath new air.

Her music became so generic to me that I barely listen to her newers records. Honeymoon was her last masterpiece and I'm really scared that I won't like COCC

34 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I wouldn't mind if she decided to retire or take a long break or vacation. Maybe go to Europe or Asia to breath new air.

Her music became so generic to me that I barely listen to her newers records. Honeymoon was her last masterpiece and I'm really scared that I won't like COCC

same im worried that im not gonna like it even tho i liked lmlylaw and cocc but i still wanna support her

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

also i agree with some comments made above about how lana has changed a lot. lizzy grant was something i have never heard from anyone ever and will never hear again i dont think, theres just nothing that compares in my opinion. i know she's still making music, but i sometimes sense that she just doesn't enjoy it anymore, and that she keeps going because it's the only option she has - to keep making music and to keep writing maybe due to a sense of personal fulfillment or a contract. but something's changed, and i dont know what, but it has. everytime i see her im just thinking: do you actually want to write music or do you feel obligated to?

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

Using lady Gaga as an example of an artist out of touch with reality is a joke in it of itself, but I’ll keep it cute as arguing with Lana stans over Gaga is a never ending circle jerk that I refuse to participate in.

I will agree that Lana definitely has lost touch. I don’t think it’s a matter of her not caring though, I believe it’s just that she’s adapted an attitude of “it is what it is”. I guess you could argue that’s not caring, but I think she’s becoming a person who wants to do a whole bunch of things, but the thought of actually doing them and the effort that needs to be put in or else it’ll be a disappointment (in her eyes or the fans), stops her. We see how many things she’s scrapped over these last few years and blaming the record label can only go so far considering they pretty much let her do whatever she wants. She use to really bite the bullet when she was younger. Perhaps it’s an age thing where she just doesn’t feel the pressure anymore to go above and beyond. Which I get. I think she’s truly just slowly burning out as an artist, but it’s understandable. 

or she just doesn’t feel the need to go big anymore which is also ok, but girl has gotta stop promising her fans shit that she knows isn’t gonna come out on time :typewriter:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

She used to perform like she was nervous but excited. Then eventually she seemed to get over the stage fright and actually started to enjoy herself (Endless Summer tour she seemed really comfortable and fun on stage). 

and somehow that gradually that devolved to her boredly sitting on stage vaping and holding the mic out to the audience for like...entire songs. And reading the lyrics off her phone :icant:

she passed comfort and has now achieved “complacency” and girl I am salty about it. 

I would not pay to go to a Lana concert post 2018

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

20 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

She used to perform like she was nervous but excited. Then eventually she seemed to get over the stage fright and actually started to enjoy herself (Endless Summer tour she seemed really comfortable and fun on stage). 

and somehow that gradually that devolved to her boredly sitting on stage vaping and holding the mic out to the audience for like...entire songs. And reading the lyrics off her phone :icant:

she passed comfort and has now achieved “complacency” and girl I am salty about it. 

The lattm tour n 2019 festival tour were ok but the nfr was a joke

23 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Agree with this. Endless Summer was amazing, evoked emotion from the audience, she felt inspired and alive. One of the best shows I’ve ever been to. But the NFR! tour was really rough in some spots. It was still a treat to see her live, but yeah she was completely distant and seemed disengaged with the audience and the overall experience.

Whenever she can tour with Chemtrails (if she wants to?), I really want to go, but probably won’t spend the money on GA/floor seats. Hoping for an amazing Chemtrails tour, though. If it does get delayed because of the pandemic, it may be best for all involved. Maybe she’ll come back feeling reinvigorated. Or maybe she won’t. Either way I’ll be here for it, but yeah, sometimes it’s painful to contrast.

I have no idea why people either hate God Bless America or don't care about it. It's a good song. The melody is really beautiful, the production is - unexpectedly, since it's on LFL - rich and well done, it has a political meaning that's miles away from QFTC. It's a song that's both catchy and super nice.

27 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I have no idea why people either hate God Bless America or don't care about it. It's a good song. The melody is really beautiful, the production is - unexpectedly, since it's on LFL - rich and well done, it has a political meaning that's miles away from QFTC. It's a song that's both catchy and super nice.

I was just talking about this song earlier! It's my favorite from that section of the album. The bridge is great.

Complaining about visuals is silly. I guess I understand because Born To Die was both visually and musically stimulating, but she's always been about the music first. She said this herself in an interview, the music comes first, and the visuals come after. 

UV/HM/NFR are flawless records. UV/HM gave great album imagery and good music videos. I personally enjoy all 3 UV videos and the HM videos are cute. NFR was actually a step up in the visual department with Fuck It, The Greatest and Doin Time. The laid back video series she did for Bartender, Norman and whatever other song was lowkey a disappointment but like I said Lana Del Rey is about the music.

I'm honestly so hype for Chemtrails and hate the negativity surrounding this release. Chemtrails is FANTASTIC, LMYLAW is a dud for me, but I'm excited for the other songs.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, new gods said:

i read somewhere that yayo paradise version came about cause she was reworking aka lizzy grant with emile but her label didn’t want that so she just put yayo on paradise? probably not true but would love if she actually ended up doing that

omg can u imagine :bebe:

On 3/5/2021 at 6:23 PM, Party Favor said:

brite lites and mermaid motel with an autotuned loon every 10 seconds

yeah never mind :awkney2:

also, post of the year goes to @ShadesOfFool no lies no mistakes told 

16 hours ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I did not read your message before posting and I think exactly like you.

The artist she was at the beginning and now has changed, yes in the meantime she has become a superstar, an icon, but until 2015-2016 she still had this "old Lana" thing that reminded us of her art at the top.

Now we feel that she has succeeded, she has achieved her goal and her dream, she knows that her fans will buy everything she offers since she has understood the magic recipe for making good music and no longer cares about the rest.

She is very self-centered, bordering on narcissism, and her recent scandals remind me of an authentic girl who has become too spoiled, a princess like a rich 18-year-old girl.

I miss her awkwardness at the start, her smiles, her red cheeks and her shyness. Her garage jackets too haha. She has gained confidence, that's good, but part of her authenticity is definitely gone. She's calculating her image too much now and it ties in with my post where I think she lost that "lana del rey" thing where she seemed so proud of her music videos, her songs, her life, everything.

The advantage is that she will never release bad songs and thank God, but yes this old Lana, shy, young in Hollywood, emotional, her so particular way of making her songs with arrangements of her own has disappeared to make way has a rich star far from reality as Lady Gaga has become over time...

She would have entered the music market with what she offers today, I wouldn't have really paid attention.

Authentic Lana before> Lana Del Rey today

What did she possess in 2016 that she doesn't anymore?

Her recent scandals are cringeworthy, and I really have no comment on them at this time. 

I'm sure Lana was proud to release Born To Die under a major label and get the push she deserved and was able to refine her aesthetic and give us some great moments, but that doesn't mean she wasn't struggling personally. She was awkward and cute and shy because she was new in the industry and was just learning to navigate her way through it. In that process and with the release on Born To Die, critics were really rude to her and it made her even more of a recluse. UV is a big "fuck you" to her naysayers, but even that era drew heavy criticism for her, which is probably why Honeymoon got even less promo. Most stans know this, but this post makes me believe you don't.

If the problem is promotion ie surplus visual content, TV interviews and performances get it elsewhere. Lana has predominantly been promoting her music through pure sales, online promo, streaming and print since Ultraviolence. As far as her being Hollywood, she does not sell perfume, make up, skin care, jock straps, Oreo's, etc. She's naturally immersed with Hollywood but she has never been a Top 40 artist like Lady Gaga. So please sis.

Anyway I would love for her to do more stuff like Honeymoon. :excited:

1 hour ago, RormanNockwell said:

Lana, Chunk and Charlie should form a band called The Praying Grantis 

Or The Grantihistamines

Grant something something 

Grant Your Wish

Avant-Grant

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Why can't she get rid of her backup dancers? She's not Britney. No one expects her to dance. 

Her old performances were pure gold

I agree. She always got really into her old performances and was mesmerising to watch. She was really emotive with her voice and body language but now she just does shitty little dances with her dancers and sings over way too loud backing vocals. It was so raw before and now it's just boring (imo) which is funny because that is literally the exact opposite of what she thought the dancers would do

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

19 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

She ?? needs ?? to ?? leave ?? L. ?? A. 

That place spoils every artist 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible