Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

42 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

PERIODT

and the choreo is so sexy and fun to do, I love everything related to white mustang

the retro futuristic vibes of the music video, I wish we saw more of that :trisha:

popular opinion: upsetting how the video was scrapped for BAR, but I more often than not rewatch it solely for the dance scene in the tunnel anyway :trisha::oprah:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Delicious is honestly iconic & one of her best unreleased 

ok yes maybe I’m lying but it’s so much better than everyone gives it credit for.. it’s hilarious & iconic & honestly not THAT bad of a song :rip: 

14417469274.gif

The Paradise version of Yayo is just as good, if not better than the AKA version.

Dark But Just a Game gets worse to me with each listen. Not only is it the anomaly of the record in terms of production, the lyrics illustrate why I refuse to let her return to Born to Die sound or lyricism. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Chemtrails is one of her worst music videos. People only think it’s the best because it has good SFX and shit.

The story telling is terrible. It’s just all happy and then bam it’s dark. There’s no transition or anything. It’s just random and you’re left to infer what happened as opposed to seeing what has happened in a seamless transition throughout

Instead of turning dark out of nowhere, I wish there where some scenes that hinted to that earlier in the mv. Like it looks innocent to begin with but you can tell something isn’t quite right or maybe have scenes of her and her friends being happy but with random flickering dark imagery every now and again like in the 911 mv

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

On 6/3/2021 at 5:52 AM, shady said:

Agree to disagree. It's cute how she's down to earth on social media unlike the Kardashians for example who are a pure facade. However, she's ruining her mysterious, intriguing persona that made her stand out in the first place and that fans of BTD-HN love. Her social media presence also tarnished her career and non fans labeled her as a racist, Karen and a republican because of her poor choice of words and inability to defend herself properly. I think fans would appreciate more if instead of posting "Question of the culture" she would express that through music in a rebellious way. 

Tarnish her career? Are you serious? She can boil live kittens on her Instagram and she will still sell and stream well. If the ridiculous 'Question for the Culture' essay, 300 double down Instagram comments from her or all the double downs videos she posted didn't destroy her career, nothing will. She's fine. However had Lana been Latina or black, her career would be done and over 5 mins after posting the 'Culture' essay.

2 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

Instead of turning dark out of nowhere, I wish there where some scenes that hinted to that earlier in the mv. Like it looks innocent to begin with but you can tell something isn’t quite right or maybe have scenes of her and her friends being happy but with random flickering dark imagery every now and again like in the 911 mv

Yeah right, especially considering how ambiguous and subdued the song is, with its mixture of happiness and paranoid anguish... But I have learned that video-wise she's not always the most subtle, compared to how she expresses herself in her music or her taste in photography.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:24 PM, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Tarnish her career? Are you serious? She can boil live kittens on her Instagram and she will still sell and stream well. If the ridiculous 'Question for the Culture' essay, 300 double down Instagram comments from her or all the double downs videos she posted didn't destroy her career, nothing will. She's fine. However had Lana been Latina or black, her career would be done and over 5 mins after posting the 'Culture' essay.

The majority of fans are on her side, but I can't say the same for the public. The majority of commentary channels and news outlets criticize her. If she's being mentioned somewhere half of people would be calling her a racist. Those commentary videos like D'Angelo's have hundreds of thousands views, some over million and the people in the comments are siding with the creator. She's being attacked for everything new she posts and people still didn't get over the mask thing. New music ia being released every week but I only see people being pressed about Lana's artwork. She fucked up a lot but it will be forgotten as time passes. She has a strong fan base but I didn't hear anyone outside of her fan base talking about Chemtrails. That's the reality. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

23 minutes ago, shady said:

The majority of fans are on her side, but I can't say the same for the public. The majority of commentary channels and new outlets criticize her. If she's being mentioned somewhere half of people would be calling her a racist. Those commentary videos like D'Angelo's have hundreds of thousands views, some over million and the people in the comments are siding with the creator. She's being attacked for everything new she posts and people still didn't get over the mask thing. New music ia being released every week but I only see people being pressed about Lana's artwork. She fucked up a lot but it will be forgotten as time passes. She has a strong fan base but I didn't hear anyone outside of her fan base talking about Chemtrails. That's the reality. 

That can be said about most of her albums, she sells well only because of her strong fan base. The general public doesn't know what Honeymoon by Lana Del Rey is. And also, Chemtrails is her second-best acclaimed album among critics.
She was criticized throughout her career, being a Lana fan in 2013-2014 felt much worse than it is now.

- Say Yes To Heaven - Honeymoon version is hypnotizing. 

- The transition between Freak and Art Deco is a small but cherry on the top detail.

- Rahab is so underrated 

- Heroin (both music and the lyrics) give me chills and I don't even do drugs 

- Her unreleased songs may have a bit cringy and juvenile lyrics for her standards but it's on the same level as current pop hits if not better 

On 6/6/2021 at 3:13 PM, Writer In The Dark said:

The general public doesn't know what Honeymoon by Lana Del Rey is. And also, Chemtrails is her second-best acclaimed album among critics.

Omg yes. When I hear people say that BTD is her only good album I'm like "Seriously?"

Yes but the fans are the ones who buy the album, not the critics. Who even listens to the critics nowadays? 

1 hour ago, Kommander said:

Yeah right, especially considering how ambiguous and subdued the song is, with its mixture of happiness and paranoid anguish... But I have learned that video-wise she's not always the most subtle, compared to how she expresses herself in her music or her taste in photography.

At least she made an effort with the Chemtrail music video. The video doesn't match the song but I'm here for Wolf Lana. Better then her following butterflies or whatever else she did that Chuck filmed.  lol

On 6/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, Venice said:

Diet Mountain Dew Demo Version is better than the released album version :creep: 

The demo has this incredible vintage/retro feel that is just :makeup:

I totally agree with you on that. The album version is a bit empty when you listen to the dynamic verses of the demo and the so retro instrumental Lana. I listen to this version, a shame not to have put it whole in the album.

the vibe she creates with mariner's, blue bannisters, and sad girl is what i live for... i want a consistent album that incorporates this.

cocc was getting closer to what i think she's truly capable of. i think bannisters will be her magnum opus. 

On 6/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, Venice said:

Diet Mountain Dew Demo Version is better than the released album version :creep: 

The demo has this incredible vintage/retro feel that is just :makeup:

Is that even an unpopular opinion?

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

On 6/8/2021 at 12:14 PM, LanaTheRay said:

Cola is too iconic of a song to retire from her live performances, it would so punk rock of her to bring it back. she can romanticize whatever/whoever the fuck she wants even Harvey Weinstein 

Fuck yes. I hadn't listened to "Cola" in forever but I did today and goddamn, what a serve. She would never write provocative lyrics like that these days. I hope she stops self-censoring. People are going to hate no matter what she does.

let me be who i'm meant to be