Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

6 hours ago, 13beachess said:

Please don't kill me now but I was really bored of the White Dress video :noparty:

It's an overly simple video and her portrait shot of singing fading over the desert is giving me cheasy 80e music videos. Aesthetic who? Of course people don't find it special. The song is also kinda meh, non Lana fans don't really like her high pitched part. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

9 minutes ago, shady said:

It's an overly simple video and her portrait shot of singing fading over the desert is giving me cheasy 80e music videos. Aesthetic who? Of course people don't find it special. The song is also kinda meh, non Lana fans don't really like her high pitched part. 

That video would be a lot more pleasing if it were just the girl rollerblading with a different cinematography. Even the color schemes that they used seems outdated 

14 hours ago, 13beachess said:

Please don't kill me now but I was really bored of the White Dress video :noparty:

The opening and ending with the skating is really beautiful and emotional for me. The middle section with the random girls is so out of place and I really wish they weren't there.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I like the Beautiful People Beautiful Problems final version more than the demos. I hate the SN feature, but besides this, I love the production, lyrics and vocals. I really wish it were solo.

18 hours ago, 13beachess said:

I only watch 99% of her mv's once, usually the day they drop

The only exceptions are SoC, HBTB and Ride

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

10 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I only watch 99% of her mv's once, usually the day they drop

The only exceptions are SoC, HBTB and Ride

Honestly yeah, the only mv I watch is VB and that’s if I’m in the mood to waste some time. When I put the videos on randomly, like when I’m drunk or something, I get really nostalgic though! I think all of her mv’s are masterpieces tbh and they depend on what mood youre in 

sgopYhV.gif

4 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

I like the Beautiful People Beautiful Problems final version more than the demos. I hate the SN feature, but besides this, I love the production, lyrics and vocals. I really wish it were solo.

I love Stevie but I agree that it should have been solo. Even lana said she was pretty much looking for any strong woman to be on the album to attempt balancing out all the male features, and it didn't even work in the end. 

Had it been solo, it would have been quite a beautiful ending for that song and much more personal. 

13 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I love Stevie but I agree that it should have been solo. Even lana said she was pretty much looking for any strong woman to be on the album to attempt balancing out all the male features, and it didn't even work in the end. 

Had it been solo, it would have been quite a beautiful ending for that song and much more personal. 

Yes, it would be even more wholesome, also because we know what the lyrics of the song used to be and how they ended up being (She wants to die -> But we gotta try)

I hate that that dude is on the NFR! cover. My least favourite cover beacuse of him/it.:crossed:

If only it was just Lana :icant:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

When it comes to her music, Lana has lied and ghosted us before but this time has really pissed me off more than the other times. She takes her fans for granted - that’s obvious - but to continuously be so upfront with it?? It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Lately, I’m really disliking the sides of her that we’re seeing which is a shame because her 2011-2015 artistry is really close to my heart :/

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

I expected more for the cover, especially when it's from Neil Krug. It looks like it's shot from a phone with a filter from the Sepia set on VSCO. Maybe if the songs and the era are beautiful I'll like it more just like the cover for Ultraviolence is pretty basic but I love it since it's my favorite album and it perfectly matches with the tone of the music. 

Cherry is by no means underrated in the Lana fan community, but it’s just so good, catchy, and deserving of the hype :illumilana2: I listened to it in the car for the first time in a while  today, and the bass, drums, and vocals were balanced so perfectly that it reminded me of its greatness!

On 7/3/2021 at 12:27 PM, Surf Noir said:

i know the official title is "coca cola" but i think i'll always know it as "my song 57" :bebe: 

same!! that's how i have it in my music library. i don't plan on changing it to the real title either. :ma:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

10 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Cherry is by no means underrated in the Lana fan community, but it’s just so good, catchy, and deserving of the hype :illumilana2: I listened to it in the car for the first time in a while  today, and the bass, drums, and vocals were balanced so perfectly that it reminded me of its greatness!

It deserves hype out of the fan base. I hear dumb cheesy songs used as background in Reels and Tiktoks (like that I love you baby cover remix) but Lana's songs like Cherry are nowhere to be found. Once someone put an instrumental of Cherry on Tiktok and non fans were commenting about how good the instrumental is which proves that the song is underrated. 

I don't like Lolita, Smarty,  Put Me In A Movie & Mermaid Motel verses:bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: