Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

5 minutes ago, Elle said:

Alright! I'm just going to say it due to some recent discussion I'm seeing. Please, please do not shame someone's body on LanaBoards. I'm just not going to tolerate it. Not only for Lana's sake, but for the other body-conscious people who may be reading.

To get a bit personal here, even I gained weight during this pandemic, and I flipped my shit about it! Started crash course dieting and exercising like a psycho once I realised I put on a few more pounds than normal and THAT was unhealthy. It was also around the same time people were saying some not-so-nice things about Lana's weight on social media and even on here, and yeah that definitely had an impact on me and I'm sure others as well. So be mindful of the message you're promoting and who you may be affecting. Though Lana may not be one of the ones who ever sees the message, remember that she's human just like the rest of us. No one is going to look like a supermodel 24/7. As long as she's happy with her appearance, and she should be because she always looks amazing at any weight, that is all that is important, and it shouldn't be up for discussion.

LanaBoards welcomes difference of opinions, but I think comments on someone's weight just shouldn't be up for public opinion, period.

Thanks all x

Elle, thanks for stepping in, drawing the line and sharing your story. as someone who has body dysmorphia that no one understands, these comments just really bother me. so, thank you:kiss:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

55 minutes ago, creditcardromancer said:

I still love my gorgeous queen but I simply cannot stan someone who promotes unhealthy lifestyles, the vaping was bad enough… 

And were you stanning her when was singing about smoking meth, alcoholism and abusive relationships?

Or was her gaining weight the last straw?

Go off

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I want to add that Lana has a sad history of being criticed for the way she looks. People made fun of her nose and lips when she became famous. It‘s terrible that some people are still sexists and judging her talent & music based on how they like her body :judgingu:

Lana is beautiful just the way she is. 

Almost Everyone gained a bit of weight during the pandemic. Very common among celebs who were mostly at home and couldnt do their regular workout or touring. 

Can these RETARDED JERKS please go off somewhere else with their worthless opinions?

Thank u next.

2 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

I had to unstan lana for a bit because she got obese, it’s just not giving Lolita anymore… 

this is hideous. and... she's not giving a *pedophile's fantasy*? kindly, fuck off to hell :) and unstan again for lana's sake lol

and i swear to GOD if u and @honey dew are men 

mUENGN9.png

Ripping into someone's appearance and defending someone's appearance while throwing around offensive ableist slurs??? Not cute on either side. Some people on this site are self conscious about their weight and some people have disabilities. Shut this shit down ASAP

To lighten the mood and get this thread back on track: I think Honeymoon is her best album cover and is the best album photoshoot as a whole

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

On 8/20/2021 at 10:40 AM, Deadly Nightshade said:

I feel that the highlighted part is somewhat true and it saddens me that she might feel limited when making her art .. that’s one of the reasons that made me love her even more , her exploration of those topics in her music. As far as Jack goes i think that he is talented it’s just that i always wondered why so many famous artists chose him as a producer at the exact same period . It’s obvious that you are going to spot many similarities sound wise when he is working with so many people at the same time . Also when so many fans find those similarities , it is bad for the artist and the producer, it ruins their collective work in some way. Even though i like many songs Jack did with Lana i believe  that she definitely needed to change her producer and i would really love to see from her a richer production with a rich instrumentation again along with her perfect songwriting skills but that’s just my opinion . 

Honestly same! When I first started listening to her music more, I really fell in love with her lyrics and way of writing. Although NFR and Chemtrails lyrics are still great, it seems like Lana felt limited while writing them. But, my (maybe) unpopular opinion is that she will return to her more honest, open writing style in BB, since, as we can tell from the three singles she released, the lyrics are very personal and poetry-like.

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

9 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

I’m not going to pretend being fat is aesthetically pleasing because we all know it isn’t. I still love my gorgeous queen but I simply cannot stan someone who promotes unhealthy lifestyles, the vaping was bad enough… 

Why do people like you assume that people are fat only because they're lazy pigs? Dude what if she has an illness or something? Are you okay? Quick tip: when someone becomes overweight in an year or less it's most likely because of medical reasons. Hopefully you or someone close to you doesn't become overweight and gets body shamed by judgemental assholes. 

Also I love how people are so hypocritical these days. So, Lana's promoting unhealthy lifestyles just now, but when she smoked in music videos it was cool, right? Recently smoking became uncool and many people are shamed for it but at the same time it's wrong to shame drug users and stoners? Lana is overweight but who cares, she still looks healthy. She had an ED in her BTD era but since her body looked conventionally attractive who cares about her health. Hypocrites. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Let’s get back into some actual fun unpopular opinions

I like how Lana releases a bunch of promo singles and then disappears on us, i feel like it’s easier to get into the mindset of where she’s headed

(this is a half true opinion I wish we heard from her more often tbh, you get what I’m trying to do)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

10 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

I had to unstan lana for a bit because she got obese, it’s just not giving Lolita anymore… 

I know I'm late, but I have something just for you :hooker:

lt02803374_quantized.png

imageproxy.jpg

7 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

Ripping into someone's appearance and defending someone's appearance while throwing around offensive ableist slurs??? Not cute on either side. Some people on this site are self conscious about their weight and some people have disabilities. Shut this shit down ASAP

To lighten the mood and get this thread back on track: I think Honeymoon is her best album cover and is the best album photoshoot as a whole

and.. best album too? :dua:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

13 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

I’m not going to pretend being fat is aesthetically pleasing because we all know it isn’t. I still love my gorgeous queen but I simply cannot stan someone who promotes unhealthy lifestyles, the vaping was bad enough… 

This is late but just... ew

She's not obliged to live her life in any type of way because you have weird expectations of her. I really don't get why you'd feel the need to post this.

anyways album version Lolita reigns supreme. Flipside should’ve been on the standard ultraviolence release. I still dislike Music to Watch Boys To. Groupie Love is one of her best songs. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing is a snore. COCC got better with age 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

This could largely be a personal preference, but I’m not a huge fan of Thunder…mostly because of the lyrics. 

I feel like she’s expressed the same sentiments in other songs, and this wouldn’t necessarily bother me if the writing wasn’t already extremely similar to pieces she’s written in the past…almost down to the same wording. 

I often like when she recycles old motifs and integrates them in new ways, but I personally feel that Thunder—while very airy and sonically easy to listen to—doesn’t really do her songwriting skills justice. The track can also be incredibly repetitive, and the details of their relationship feel vague and impersonal at times. 

That’s just me though, and I realize that’s my own subjective perception of the track lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

13 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

OMG YES! I'm dying for the whole 2LP design that comes with a booklet. Not that it's Lana, but I can't think of a better vinyl design than Honeymoon. It's so simple yet so beautiful. It makes me want to live a a big beautiful house with a huge garden in some small town. I wish she did a similar design for the inside of UV 2LP with using Neil's photos and a booklet instead of just putting a pic of LA and having plain sleeves. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif