Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

'Chemtrails' was overall more tolerable than 'NFR' to me, the only songs I actually find myself enjoying on the latter are the title track, 'Venice Bitch' and 'The greatest' and that's literally it.

Really? That's surprising. For me there is almost no weak song on this album.

COCC and NFR! are amazing, but could have been perfect if they weren't ruined by one or two small details (TNBAR should have been scrapped or released on LFL as Architecture, Thunder should've been reworked to be in its place instead/ For Free abrupt ending and kinda bipolar mixing)

48 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

COCC and NFR! are amazing, but could have been perfect if they weren't ruined by one or two small details (TNBAR should have been scrapped or released on LFL as Architecture, Thunder should've been reworked to be in its place instead/ For Free abrupt ending and kinda bipolar mixing)

The For Free ending is the one detail which prevents COCC from achieving perfection for me. To give Weyes the final word on an album that begins with White Dress is an UNFORGIVABLE sin. I suppose one could argue that Lana gradually vanishing towards the end of the album getting buried by the features is the point, like she's retreating from the spotlight etc, but that feels like a reach after the fact.

For the 2024 deluxe reissue, she HAS TO tack on one more verse at the end, Lana solo. She must conclude her own story. She can just repeat the opening line of the song, all quiet, whispery and lethal. It would devastate.

2 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

The For Free ending is the one detail which prevents COCC from achieving perfection for me. To give Weyes the final word on an album that begins with White Dress is an UNFORGIVABLE sin. I suppose one could argue that Lana gradually vanishing towards the end of the album getting buried by the features is the point, like she's retreating from the spotlight etc, but that feels like a reach after the fact.

For the 2024 deluxe reissue, she HAS TO tack on one more verse at the end, Lana solo. She must conclude her own story. She can just repeat the opening line of the song, all quiet, whispery and lethal. It would devastate.

Exactly this! Another detail is the Weyes Blood ending the album. It should have been Lana with a new/repeated verse or a chorus with all three girls followed by a Lana solo outro. Also, a 2024 deluxe reissue with For Free (Extended), Loved You Then and Now, Dealer, Say Yes to Heaven, Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy would be epic!

I'd prefer that she take her time and release a year from now than rush out a second album within 6 or so months of COCC. I think she gives us these dates and snippets and then feels pressured to release sooner rather than later. 

Fuck that. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

17 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

does someone want to share a controversial and rousing opinion? we are shy sweet bbys and won't argue back :nails:

the last exciting things she did were the tulsa and cinnamon snippets…which she eventually botched so :azealia:

2 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

does someone want to share a controversial and rousing opinion? we are shy sweet bbys and won't argue back :nails:

Lana Del Rey is a flop #LizzyGrantSupremacy

On 8/29/2021 at 7:50 PM, YourGirl666 said:

Also, a 2024 deluxe reissue with For Free (Extended), Loved You Then and Now, Dealer, Say Yes to Heaven, Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy would be epic!

if COCC had these gems and production reworked a little it would be top tier of her discography

Spoiler

with a different cover but ik that's not unpopular

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

5 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

West coast is her worst song and shouldn't have been a single
This is what makes us girls could have had an interesting video or short film
Tomorrow Never came is also her worst song and should never have been recorded

Anything else?

Just now, The Siren said:

West coast is her worst song and shouldn't have been a single
This is what makes us girls could have had an interesting video or short film
Tomorrow Never came is also her worst song and should never have been recorded

Anything else?

i am SO GLAD  this is what makes us girls wasn't turned into a  music video/short film, holy shitttt

mUENGN9.png