Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

14 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think it's sad that Blue Banisters will be her first album without a 5 star title track.

BTD, UV, Honeymoon, LFL, NFR and COCC's title tracks were all among the best tracks on their respective albums. Frankly, I'd put Blue Banisters at the bottom of the four songs we have for that album rn and I'd definitely expect - and hope - that other songs on the album would surpass it, too.

Actually LFL isn't a 5 star title track, Blue Banisters is miles better imo. The only thing I dislike about it is the abrupt start, otherwise, it's a solid 4,5 out of 5 stars

2 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Actually LFL isn't a 5 star title track, Blue Banisters is miles better imo. The only thing I dislike about it is the abrupt start, otherwise, it's a solid 4,5 out of 5 stars

I still think it's top 5 on that album (although my favourites on LFL tend to change more so than any of the others)

If she'd used the demo version this would be a non-argument because it's wonderful and magnificent

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, LanasRightCheekFiller said:

wait 'till you hear Sweet Carolina

Hahaha. Yeah, I dread the day it’ll relay how Robster spends his day will have me slayed…not in a good way.

The issue with the Paradise version of Yayo isn't the production, it's the way Lana sings it. Her vocals on that song sound so different then they do on the rest of the EP, it almost feels like she's forcing her voice to way go lower than it naturally can

imageproxy.jpg

7 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

The issue with the Paradise version of Yayo isn't the production, it's the way Lana sings it. Her vocals on that song sound so different then they do on the rest of the EP, it almost feels like she's forcing her voice to way go lower than it naturally can

it feels way too hollow & forced, yayo probably means a lot to her, but i think the original version was absolutely perfect, i honestly don't think the song fits the sorrowful, opulent sound of btd/paradise, it fits the folk/torch sound, it's especially worse with haynie's samples, i feel similarly with million dollar man, the demo was perfect because it fits simplistic production better, the final version sounds too over-produced & "processed"

WGe8ynS.gif

47 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Thisssssss

Also in general i think the vox on the Paradise version are just generally overdramatic to the point of hurting a beautiful song

whatarecoloris.jpg

49 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it feels way too hollow & forced, yayo probably means a lot to her, but i think the original version was absolutely perfect, i honestly don't think the song fits the sorrowful, opulent sound of btd/paradise, it fits the folk/torch sound, it's especially worse with haynie's samples, i feel similarly with million dollar man, the demo was perfect because it fits simplistic production better, the final version sounds too over-produced & "processed"

I almost wonder if the Paradise version of Yayo was kind of her way of trying to reclaim the Lizzy Grant era from the public with everything that was going on at the time, but instead she tried to make it more "Lana"-esque (which really just ended up feeling really forced, especially when there was never a difference between Lana and Lizzy in the first place). That's most likely not the case, however, I feel like it could make sense if it was. And I've always thought the Paradise version of the song was trying to be a little too sexy for the lyrics, despite the "let me put on a show for you, daddy" lyric lol. Honestly, I love the version of Yayo Lana started doing live in 2016/the LA To The Moon tour. It's simplistic like the Paradise version as well as the AKA version, but her delivery on it is so much better and it feels so much more meaningful. 

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I almost wonder if the Paradise version of Yayo was kind of her way of trying to reclaim the Lizzy Grant era from the public with everything that was going on at the time, but instead she tried to make it more "Lana"-esque (which really just ended up feeling really forced, especially when there was never a difference between Lana and Lizzy in the first place). That's most likely not the case, however, I feel like it could make sense if it was. And I've always thought the Paradise version of the song was trying to be a little too sexy for the lyrics, despite the "let me put on a show for you, daddy" lyric lol. Honestly, I love the version of Yayo Lana started doing live in 2016/the LA To The Moon tour. It's simplistic like the Paradise version as well as the AKA version, but her delivery on it is so much better and it feels so much more meaningful. 

i was thinking of the "l.a to the moon tour" version of yayo earlier and maybe she considers the "original" version to be the true version of the song? i agree that the paradise version just tries too hard, i don't think the production/vocal style fits, i think yayo is supposed to be folky & subdued, gentle, bittersweet, yet very vulnerable, it's my all-time favorite ldr song, so i have a lot of feelings about it, i like all versions besides the paradise version, the no kung fu version is a really cool folk vibe, i'm not the biggest fan of the rock version, however it's still a cool & different rendition of the song, the aka version, is, well... perfection :wub: & the laptop demo version is very haunting & melancholic

WGe8ynS.gif

Damn You and Never Let Me Go are her most annoying and overrated unreleased tracks. I prefer Serial Killer to both of them combined by miles. 

Yes to Heaven is not good enough to have been reworked so many times. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Damn You and Never Let Me Go are her most annoying and overrated unreleased tracks. I prefer Serial Killer to both of them combined by miles. 

I fully agree with Damn You. I've never liked that song for some reason, and I can't even explain why (although I did kind of like the Chris Braide version we got a few months ago). Something about it just puts me off 

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I fully agree with Damn You. I've never liked that song for some reason, and I can't even explain why (although I did kind of like the Chris Braide version we got a few months ago). Something about it just puts me off 

i feel the exact same way, for a while i didn't really care for hollywood's dead, now i really like it! french restaurant is amazing as well, i would agree that the autotune is unnecessary, though 

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

I can't help but feel that she really did choose the best of her more popular unreleased tracks for Blue Banisters and the last few records. Fine China is good, but there's still something off about it. So glad she scrapped it along with Say Yes to Reworking This Song. Now I just need I Talk to Jesus and Roses Bloom For You, and then i'll be set. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, trailerparkdream said:

Cruel World is one of my favorite songs not just by Lana but of all time ?

Me too! And I've thought about why, many times. When UV was released, my first experience listening to the full album of course started with CW and I was so shook. It was so raw and the energy was angry, crazy, chill, despairing and carefree, emotions I cycled through over and over that year too. The length also really lets me sink into it and get lost. I swear I will never really get over it. 

44 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I agree with the last point because the first version is the most perfect imo. I would never had needed the rest. 

23 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Me too! And I've thought about why, many times. When UV was released, my first experience listening to the full album of course started with CW and I was so shook. It was so raw and the energy was angry, crazy, chill, despairing and carefree, emotions I cycled through over and over that year too. The length also really lets me sink into it and get lost. I swear I will never really get over it. 

I think about it a lot too and try to figure out what it is that’s so perfect about it to me.

I saw her live during the endless summer tour and she opened with it so that’s a huge part of it for me ? I struggled with drug use while living with a boyfriend who used during the years following the concert so then the lyrics had a whole new meaning. It will always stand out in her discography for me, I agree about never getting over it.