Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

1 hour ago, Vanilla Icy said:

some of her new songs are becoming too wordy for me. she's a great songwriter and i acknowledge how much she's improved (though she's always been great) but sometimes it feels like she's putting too much together and it breaks the flow of the melody.

for instance "all roads that lead to you as integral to me as arteries, that pump the blood that flows straight to the heart of me" is beautiful, but it doesn't run very well

I agree with that very much, the lyricism is great but it's too wordy and it makes the song not sound too melodic from a vocal delivery standpoint.Ā 

31 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Without You sounds cringe sometimes, one of the most forgettable track in BTD. And it's too overrated.

The piano demo still slaps tho, same with Carmen

On 9/24/2021 at 5:40 PM, LanasRightCheekFiller said:

I might be opening up a can of worms here but Arcadia is so bloodless and bland compared to her other music, I'm surprised it's on the same album as wfwf, one of Lana's rawest songs bothĀ lyrically and sonically.Ā I love that she's bringing back a larger instrumentalĀ range (cocc was monotonous af) butĀ the lyrical content is soĀ inconsistent in terms of quality thatĀ it could pass for that of a LDR generator. Like those unbearable comical car references are so out of place next to the brilliant 'all roads that lead...' lyric.Ā Her telling us to listen to it like we did Video Games makes sense in this context because you can just tell she was tryingĀ to recreate its magicĀ which, naturally, didn't work and only made herĀ comeĀ off asĀ faux deep. That lack of authenticity is what made Arcadia age so fastĀ for me while Video Games is still impactful and stillĀ worth its initial value even after 10 years of its release. (the people who trash vg can go be not-like-other-girls somewhere else).

I like Arcadia but yeah. I keep saying it here, it reminds me of Josh Groban-esque syrupy adult contemporary music from the early 2000s. I love the verses but the chorus loses meĀ 

sgopYhV.gif

I'm not fully sure if this is unpopular or not, but I think that the Mermaid Motel demo is the only Lana demo I prefer over the final version

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā imageproxy.jpg

Arcadia verses are RBFY level melody, but the chorus kinda ruin the song for me, like, I'm already used to it, but it still doesn't sound like it really fits (also, as someone already said above, it's too wordy). Even an instrumental chorus would be better. Not a bad song tho.Ā 

53 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I'm not fully sure if this is unpopular or not, but I think that the Mermaid Motel demo is the only Lana demo I prefer over the final version

Same! I really like Mermaid Motel as it is on AKA but thereā€™s just something so timeless, sultry, eerie, and hypnotic about the demo. The drums,Ā guitar, and layeredĀ vocals are so perfect that I do not have the vocabulary to explain why I love it so muchĀ lol. Itā€™sĀ among my top 5Ā favourite songs from that stage of Lanaā€™s career.Ā 

1 minute ago, athena said:

Chemtrails is her best album and Honeymoon is her second best album.Ā :sass:

Ā 

Wait, I thought CoCC was pretty loved?? Omgm then maybe my opinion isn't controversial after allĀ :wtf3:

Lemme give some of my unpopular (probably popular) opinions

Ā 

Lolita Demo 4 > album version

Ā 

Dark Paradise is the worst on BTD, it feels so empty and boring

Ā 

Diet Mountain Dew Demo 2 > album versionĀ 

Ā 

Sad Girl, Money Power Glory and Fucked My Way are some of Lanaā€™s most boring and uninspired songs. even though all of them have elements i enjoy and arenā€™t actually bad, they drag on Ultraviolence and should have been replaced with unreleased tracks / is this happiness + flipsideĀ 

Ā 

Popular opinion but idc, she should never have changed tnc bridge WHAT WAS THE REASON

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

6 hours ago, Super Movie said:

That demoĀ is great, but I don't think it's able to top the album version for me.:legend:

š•€ š•”š•š• š•¤š•– š•žš•Ŗ š•–š•Ŗš•–š•¤, š•’š•„ š•Ÿš•šš•˜š•™š•„ š•€ š•Øš•šš•¤š•™ š•„š•  š•£š•šš•¤š•– š•—š•£š• š•ž š•’š•š• š•„š•™š•– š••š•¦š•¤š•„

I Talk to Jesus is so underwhelming and Iā€™m glad it is not on BB. The verses are good but the chorus sounds like a Sunday morning Christian contemporary soft rock songĀ :derpna2:

Wild One has incredible verses but something is a bit missing from the chorus and the bridge (I like it though, as opposed to I Talk to Jesus).Ā 

6 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

Arcadia verses are RBFY level melody, but the chorus kinda ruin the song for me, like, I'm already used to it, but it still doesn't sound like it really fits (also, as someone already said above, it's too wordy). Even an instrumental chorus would be better. Not a bad song tho.Ā 

Ā 

Not a bad song, butĀ definetly the one I got to enjoy the less off the 4 singles we have (which I enjoy hugely, except for this one). It sounds like a mix of old melodies from her and there's something on her higher notes that bugs me.

8 hours ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I like Arcadia but yeah. I keep saying it here, it reminds me of Josh Groban-esque syrupy adult contemporary music from the early 2000s. I love the verses but the chorus loses meĀ 

Ā 

Absolutely. Itā€™s definitely the weakest song out of the released singles.

IMG-7960.jpg

Unpopular but LB is not always representative of the whole Lana fan base, at least when it comes to numbers and what are her Ā« best Ā» albums.Ā 
On LB, Wildflower Wildfire is often said to be the best out of the four singles released, and yet it has the lowest streaming numbers on Spotify.Ā 
Fan favourites here :

California, Shades of Cool, Heroinā€¦ Heroin and California didnā€™t even break the 50M stream barrier and SoC doesnā€™t even have 100M streams on Spotify. Not that those songs arenā€™t excellent, on the contrary, but when we are manifesting the next album to sound like those, not so sure if that album would be considered a success outside of here.Ā 

12 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Unpopular but LB is not always representative of the whole Lana fan base, at least when it comes to numbers and what are her Ā« best Ā» albums.Ā 
On LB, Wildflower Wildfire is often said to be the best out of the four singles released, and yet it has the lowest streaming numbers on Spotify.Ā 
Fan favourites here :

California, Shades of Cool, Heroinā€¦ Heroin and California didnā€™t even break the 50M stream barrier and SoC doesnā€™t even have 100M streams on Spotify. Not that those songs arenā€™t excellent, on the contrary, but when we are manifesting the next album to sound like those, not so sure if that album would be considered a success outside of here.Ā 

Unpopular opinion: LB has the better taste than the rest of the fandomĀ :true: