Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

16 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

oh i so agree - i actually care v little for technically perfect vocals when i listen to music of any kind (though i can still appreciate them). her vocals on 'elvis' are some of my favourites - give me highly evocative andย impassioned and weird "imperfect" vocals any dayย :cryney2:

ย 

I agree. There's just something so beautiful about those unpolished, unhinged vocals.ย :flutter:

9 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

I actually kinda think that her vocals have been onย the decline afterย Honeymoonย :eek3:

I agree with this take honestly.ย :whatever:

9 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i just miss how unique her voice used to be, how she'd experiment with her vocal styles, which she hardly does at all anymoreย :tsk:ย maybe her voice is better in theย technicalย sense, but i prefer her polarizing & unique vocal styles from earlier albums

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

oh i so agree - i actually care v little for technically perfect vocals when i listen to music of any kind (though i can still appreciate them). her vocals on 'elvis' are some of my favourites - give me highly evocative andย impassioned and weird "imperfect" vocals any dayย :cryney2:

ย 

I agree. I'm reading all these comments about herย vocals and thinking how I just wanted a moment "Tired Of Singing The Blues".ย :ohno:

6 minutes ago, Anthony said:

ย 

ย 

I agree. I'm reading all these comments about herย vocals and thinking how I just wanted a moment "Tired Of Singing The Blues".ย :ohno:

at least all those special ephemeralย vocal moments are preserved on thoseย songsย <3

mUENGN9.png

6 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

The music video her brother made has actually made me dislike the song 'Arcadia' because that is all I can think of when I listen to the song. The awful music video. :toofunny:

girl me too. itโ€™s the edited roads and stars on her chest for me, it was both bad and cringey.ย :wtf3:ย i wish she wouldโ€™ve just stuck with the raw footage of her doing random shit in the hotel room, at least itโ€™s a little bit reminiscent of her older style.ย 

27 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

ย i wish she wouldโ€™ve just stuck with the raw footage of her doing random shit in the hotel room, at least itโ€™s a little bit reminiscent of her older style.ย 

ย 

Yeah! Kinda like in her MV for Hope? It was so interesting even though it was extremely simple. Made me do my laundry all sexy tooย :wtf3:ย anyway

56 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

girl me too. itโ€™s the edited roads and stars on her chest for me, it was both bad and cringey.ย :wtf3:ย i wish she wouldโ€™ve just stuck with the raw footage of her doing random shit in the hotel room, at least itโ€™s a little bit reminiscent of her older style.ย 

He only did the camera work (along with Chris Ripley), Lana was the director, so the video is how she wanted it!

4 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

He only did the camera work (along with Chris Ripley), Lana was the director, so the video is how she wanted it!

ย 

The fact that the video is how she wanted, doesn't make it good

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Chemtrails is actually a really good album. I agree that the production is not the strongest point but her voice and melodies carry the songs enough to make a nice record.ย 

ย 

I'm so sad this is an unpopular opinion.

I love CoCC, i think it's so well structured, the songs are so beautiful, it makes me want to be driving through the countryside with the sun pouring through the windows,ย wind blowing in my hair withย my (daydream) lover looking out the window and we're on our way to nowhere. It's honestly been my go-to study music album, I love it so much

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

1 hour ago, yayoop said:

ย 

I'm so sad this is an unpopular opinion.

I love CoCC, i think it's so well structured, the songs are so beautiful, it makes me want to be driving through the countryside with the sun pouring through the windows,ย wind blowing in my hair withย my (daydream) lover looking out the window and we're on our way to nowhere. It's honestly been my go-to study music album, I love it so much

ย 

This won't be an unpopular opinion in the futureย :true::cryney2:

2 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

ย 

The fact that the video is how she wanted, doesn't make it good

But then it's unfair to blame her brother only, that is what I meant.

Whether you like the video or not is a matter of taste, the comments on Youtube were very positive anyway.

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Chemtrails is actually a really good album. I agree that the production is not the strongest point but her voice and melodies carry the songs enough to make a nice record.ย 

I love COCC so much, the songs and melodies works very well, and the lyrics are just so fine! Because thereโ€™s nothing wrong to contemplating god under the chemtrails over the country club. Period. I always end listening it over and over againโ€ฆ (and I confess: For Free doesnโ€™t existย )ย :ohsnap2:

16 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

The music video her brother made has actually made me dislike the song 'Arcadia' because that is all I can think of when I listen to the song. The awful music video. :toofunny:

ย 

10 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

ย 

9 hours ago, Venice said:

ย 

Yeah! Kinda like in her MV for Hope? It was so interesting even though it was extremely simple. Made me do my laundry all sexy tooย :wtf3:ย anyway

ladies, we mightโ€™ve manifested somethingย :hooker:

16 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Wow I didn't know that was a thing forย anybody else. I connect audio to visuals and that's why visuals are veryย important to me (music videos but also album covers, colors and, as stupid as it sounds, also outfits/looks). I don't really like the colors or styleย ofย the original mv and connected that to the song itself. Now with the new video I kind of listen to the song differently??

20230718-113117.gif

Honey,ย you makeย me feel I'm invincible

On 10/6/2021 at 11:53 AM, shady said:

ย 

I had no idea that mix exists because I've never heard West Coast on the radio. Just heard it, it's okay, I would've definitely still like it if it were the original version but at the same time it's so basic. It sounds like a typical indie girl song without the ethereal feeling of the original. People seem to like it because it has clearer vocals, which is not odd since the majority of pop songs has crystal clear autotuned vocals and people are used to it.ย 

ย 

Wow it's so unpopular for me, I didn't think there would be people who would hate West Coast (radio mix)ย :poordat:

ย 

It's an absolutely perfect song and not a week goes by that I don't have it listen since its release, what crush.ย :wub:

ย 

I will not say that it is better than the original (impossible) but they are tied. The guitars, the sad beach vibe and that catchy chorus is blessed, it really is a pure success. Simple for some and well underestimated in my opinion. It's Lana's kind of guilty pleasure. I would like her to do more songs in this style (even if we all know she will not be doing any for a long time)ย :(