Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

9 hours ago, yayoop said:

I'm so sad this is an unpopular opinion.

I love CoCC, i think it's so well structured, the songs are so beautiful, it makes me want to be driving through the countryside with the sun pouring through the windows, wind blowing in my hair with my (daydream) lover looking out the window and we're on our way to nowhere. It's honestly been my go-to study music album, I love it so much

Although I've written countless of COCC slander posts and my friends also kinda hate it, I can't help to say that it's such a peaceful feeling when listening it in the countryside. I gave the album a second listen when traveling by a train through corn fields and villages in the morning. Still not something that I would casually listen to but I would definitely play it in the background if I stayed at someone's cute porch in the countryside. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

12 hours ago, BlueINK said:

Wow I didn't know that was a thing for anybody else. I connect audio to visuals and that's why visuals are very important to me (music videos but also album covers, colors and, as stupid as it sounds, also outfits/looks). I don't really like the colors or style of the original mv and connected that to the song itself. Now with the new video I kind of listen to the song differently??

This is why I'm weary with album covers and music videos. It effects the way I listen to the songs.

With the new alternate video, I can now listen to the song without the cringe of the first one. :wowcry:

7 minutes ago, Kandidate said:

"Blue Banisters" is the worst album title so far. What does it even mean?

I think it represents false hope and broken promises, and just general disappointment of when things don't go the way you want them to. In the song she explains that this guy promised to come back every May and help paint her banisters blue, but he doesn't come, so her sisters come and paint them green and grey to help her move on from the past. Given that she's said this album is about her whole story, I think the title makes a lot of sense. There's a lot of stress surrounding her past and how she's been treated, and it seems like she'll be exploring a lot of those feelings. Hopefully the process of this record has helped her paint those blue banisters of her life green and grey :cryney2:

I couldn't care less about 'Arcadia'. Love the production, but the lyrics are a mouthful, they do not sound melodic and her vocal performance isn't there for me—she sounds out of breath. The videos are cute though.

Thank God for 'Text Book' and 'D**l*r'.

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I think it represents false hope and broken promises, and just general disappointment of when things don't go the way you want them to. In the song she explains that this guy promised to come back every May and help paint her banisters blue, but he doesn't come, so her sisters come and paint them green and grey to help her move on from the past. Given that she's said this album is about her whole story, I think the title makes a lot of sense. There's a lot of stress surrounding her past and how she's been treated, and it seems like she'll be exploring a lot of those feelings. Hopefully the process of this record has helped her paint those blue banisters of her life green and grey :cryney2:

I understand it's a line from a song.... but do you think it's a concept for a full album?

Just now, Kandidate said:

I understand it's a line from a song.... but do you think it's a concept for a full album?

If the album is about healing from her past then yes I think it fits the concept of the full album, given what the blue banisters represent in the song.

4 minutes ago, Kandidate said:

yes

Just now, West Coast said:

'Rock Candy Sweet' was the superior title imho.

also yes

but that's gonna be LDR9 :wink: I think this album is too emotional to be called rock candy sweet now

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

'Rock Candy Sweet' was the superior title imho.

agreed

10 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I couldn't care less about 'Arcadia'. Love the production, but the lyrics are a mouthful, they do not sound melodic and her vocal performance isn't there for me—she sounds out of breath. The videos are cute though.

Thank God for 'Text Book' and 'D**l*r'.

why censor the title?

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Kandidate said:

"Blue Banisters" is the worst album title so far. What does it even mean?

"Banisters" is emblematic of her house or home, and "blue" has various meanings in Lana's songs, usually standing for melancholy or longing. "In this world where everything is so black and blue," she sings in I Talk To Jesus. But her "sisters" came and painted her banisters green, a color of hope.

4 hours ago, DCooper said:

And her banisters still unpainted on the album cover so… it’s just so fucking sad. :judgingu:

storytime;

this week I took a trip to visit my grandma and decided to go for a longer walk because the nature here is very beautiful. I love my grandma (dad's mom) deeply and whenever I visit her I feel very connected to my dad's side of the family and the family history; even though the feeling is conflicting because my dad's a rather miserable drunk who hasn't actually been a father to me or my sisters, and I've grown a lot of resentment towards him. 

today when I was taking my time in the mesmerising nature which was surrounding my dad growing up and has been surrounding the entire family for hundreds of years - and I listened to Text Book. I've for the longest time had a feeling that Lana truly has a way of speaking for me in a sense, like she helps me to understand and explain my own feelings, and this song has monumented it. I've looked for validation and security in some toxic relationships with men, who have actually turned out to be quite like my dad; Ignorant, irresponsible and even abusive. but recently I've started to really develop to my own person. I've surrounded myself with things and people that really make me happy, I've learned to say no when I know I need to, and I've started to appreciate the beautiful things. and I'm really happy for this forum, since this is not only a fan community with senseless gif spamming and sometimes stupid debates but it's also a place where I'm sure we can all share our ups and downs, and especially our gratitude towards the gift of music and music Lana has given.

the river keeps rolling <3

PVDqENH.jpg

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

I've never been so unexcited about a Lana release before as I am for Blue Banisters. COTCC (the album) didn't click with me a whole lot, but so far, everything with Blue Banisters clicks with me like even 10 times than even COTCC did.

I could go without hearing BB, WW, TB, or Arcadia ever again and be completely indifferent.

It SUCKS to feel this way about one of your favorite artists of all time and one that has always immediately clicked with you every era previously. :toofunny:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

15 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I've never been so unexcited about a Lana release before as I am for Blue Banisters. COTCC (the album) didn't click with me a whole lot, but so far, everything with Blue Banisters clicks with me like even 10 times than even COTCC did.

I could go without hearing BB, WW, TB, or Arcadia ever again and be completely indifferent.

It SUCKS to feel this way about one of your favorite artists of all time and one that has always immediately clicked with you every era previously. :toofunny:

im more excited for the album photoshoot (assuming we will see more photos with the physical release) with neil than the actual album :deadbanana:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

41 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

It definitely does suck, but it'ssss okay <3 I probably won't ever be revisiting those songs either, just not the right vibe for me (at this point of my life anyway) - happens! I'm actually more excited about her future projects when she moves on to a different sound. She'll always have a spesh place in my heart tho, even if she stays like dis :crying4: