Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

10 hours ago, shady said:

I recently got UV in the mail so I have a couple of comments. Flipside and Your Girl are not that good. Flipside sounds heavily inspired by Nirvana that it feels like a cover song. I would still sacrifice The Other Woman for Flipside on the album because TOW is boooring af. Your Girl sounds like Guns and Roses when it comes to repetitiveness but I don't see the hate, probably because it's unreleased and not that relevant. 

The Other Woman is probably top 3 most beautiful vocal performances she’s ever given… she made it her own & flipped the perspective of the lyrics. Absolutely her best cover. 

14417469274.gif

24 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

The Other Woman is probably top 3 most beautiful vocal performances she’s ever given… she made it her own & flipped the perspective of the lyrics. Absolutely her best cover. 

I noticed how her vocals were beautiful and probably in her top 3, but I still don't like the song lmao, just like I hate her vocals in Ride but love the song. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

7 hours ago, shady said:

Flipside sounds so heavily inspired by Nirvana that it feels like a cover song

I can't even imagine Kurt singing a song like Flipside. Nirvana has such a distinct lyrical and musical style, and I don't think it matches Lana/Flipside at all. The only part of that song that sounds similar to Nirvana is the guitar, which I do think is inspired by the 90s west coast sound

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I can't even imagine Kurt singing a song like Flipside. Nirvana has such a distinct lyrical and musical style, and I don't think it matches Lana/Flipside at all. The only part of that song that sounds similar to Nirvana is the guitar, which I do think is inspired by the 90s west coast sound

I can actually imagine him singing in the style like he did in Something In The Way. The lyrics don't matter, it's the familiar sound. No need to overanalyze my comment since it wasn't that deep. It's just that the song sounds too dark, rock-ish and depressing even for Lana's standards and it reminded my of Nirvana's ballads. Lana's "sad and depressing" songs kinda have a peaceful energy while Flipside sounds completely pessimistic. This last sentence is not criticism, just how I felt when listening. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

23 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:
On 11/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, Urbanney said:

Sirens > Blue Banisters 

literally every other song in lana's discography > drive by

i said what i said

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

44 minutes ago, shady said:

I can actually imagine him singing in the style like he did in Something In The Way. The lyrics don't matter, it's the familiar sound. No need to overanalyze my comment since it wasn't that deep. It's just that the song sounds too dark, rock-ish and depressing even for Lana's standards and it reminded my of Nirvana's ballads. Lana's "sad and depressing" songs kinda have a peaceful energy while Flipside sounds completely pessimistic. This last sentence is not criticism, just how I felt when listening. 

i don't think flipside is depressive, it's very raw sonically & cathartic, but not "depressing", i feel like the original beautiful people demo is her only true "depressing" track. but that's just my opinion

even if it did sound like a nirvana song, which i personally don't think it does, i see nothing wrong with that! :isee: 

WGe8ynS.gif

30 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

literally every other song in lana's discography > drive by

i said what i said

Drive By is one of the best on Sirens. :biblio:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

California is only liked by people because of who produced it. It really is nothing that special, and is my clear least favorite from Norman Fucking Rockwell. If no one had any clue about the production credits, I feel like many more people would feel the same way due to the Jack hate blinders

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

California is only liked by people because of who produced it. It really is nothing that special, and is my clear least favorite from Norman Fucking Rockwell. If no one had any clue about the production credits, I feel like many more people would feel the same way due to the Jack hate blinders

Wasn't jack somewhat involved in the production though, just not as much as the rest of the album? I don't love the song, but I do like it bc of the vocals. The production could use a little extra something though imo. 

for k/drive by is actually one of my least favorites from sirens, i don't think it's bad or anything, i just feel like a lot of the other tracks are more interesting/intriguing to me, it's still a very great opening track, it's also very direct & confessional

WGe8ynS.gif

3 hours ago, Thunder said:

I get what you’re saying and can agree that for some people this is true, but for me that’s not the case at all. I ADORE California and nothing to do with who produced it. I do love the production, especially the progression of it and how hard the chorus HITS. But mainly due to the lyrical content, WOOOOWEEEEE the whole if you come back to America thing kills me regularly 

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

for k/drive by is actually one of my least favorites from sirens, i don't think it's bad or anything, i just feel like a lot of the other tracks are more interesting/intriguing to me, it's still a very great opening track, it's also very direct & confessional

literally ppl only gas it bc it spills ab "K" but the song is not her best (imo)

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

this forum gives way too much credit to Sirens. like, yeah it’s not bad at all but you are actually a straight up liar if you think it’s better than any of the studio albums she’s released since then :toofunny:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

Just now, Cherry Blossom said:

this forum gives way too much credit to Sirens. like, yeah it’s not bad at all but you are actually a straight up liar if you think it’s better than any of the studio albums she’s released since then :toofunny:

sirens is in my top 3... :shh:

WGe8ynS.gif