Jump to content
Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Recommended Posts

On 10/30/2021 at 5:40 AM, shady said:

 

Because it's a favorite among stans.

 

Theory 1# Casual listeners sometimes listen to High By The Beach and Music To Watch Boys To. In my opinion she chose the wrong songs as singles/promo songs (except Freak) because they sound like generic LDR songs, which makes people believe the same for the album. I barely gave it a listen until late 2020 because I thought it was going to be something generic but fell in love immediately. 

 

Theory 2# : People were still in the UV dark mood and weren't ready to for a sunny ethereal era of Honeymoon, TLY, Salvatore etc. Maybe if she released it in 2016 it would've been better. Not only that but if she released those three songs I mentioned as singles with music videos I assume I would've been a much bigger album. 

i don't think so honestly, if anything she chose the right tracks as singles. people don't listen to honeymoon because it's a slow album and it came right after the ultimate "rock bangers" album for her. it's kinda like a melodrama to solar power moment, except honeymoon is good :hype:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, your dealer said:

i'll never understand how everyone here says honeymoon is one of their favorite albums with the streaming numbers looking that way 

 

what is the truth :bebe:


the only ones streaming honeymoon are the actual fans. you think we're the ones keeping born to die on the bb200 and giving it great recurrent streams? :toofunny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly glad that none of the BTD outtakes made it onto the album. I can't image songs like Paris, You Can Be The Boss or even Serial Killer on the same album as songs like Off To The Races and the rest of the album for that matter. The only outtake I think could've fit in with the rest of the album is Paradise and even that's a stretch. I can see a final version of Hollywood's Dead fitting too, but I'd have to hear it to confirm that. 

 

While I'm at it, I'm glad that most of Lana's outtakes didn't make their respective albums. I think a lot of them would've thrown the flow of the album off unless they were entirely reworked. However, Your Girl should've been on Ultraviolence. 


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coachella would be worshipped if it had the same production as Yosemite. While it’s not my favorite lyrically, the Instagram acapella snippet of it outsold & I stand by that:oprah3:


How intricately love crosses love; love makes knots; love brutally tears them apart. I have been knotted; I have been torn apart.” -Virginia Woolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while im feeling honest- Beautiful is kind of an embarrassing moment for her. she is literally comparing herself to Picasso in a song that has some of the most painfully basic and uncreative lyrics of her career and could go on a home goods needlepoint pillow. I STILL LOVE THE SONG but only bc i love her and I see what she was tryign to do with it. if it were anyone else though...

s7alxns1r2x71.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a


small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I'm honestly glad that none of the BTD outtakes made it onto the album. I can't image songs like Paris, You Can Be The Boss or even Serial Killer on the same album as songs like Off To The Races and the rest of the album for that matter. The only outtake I think could've fit in with the rest of the album is Paradise and even that's a stretch. I can see a final version of Hollywood's Dead fitting too, but I'd have to hear it to confirm that. 

 

While I'm at it, I'm glad that most of Lana's outtakes didn't make their respective albums. I think a lot of them would've thrown the flow of the album off unless they were entirely reworked. However, Your Girl should've been on Ultraviolence. 

 

i feel like if anything, hundred dollar bill would've fit born to die, a lot of the outtakes are silly pop songs which don't fit the luxurious melodrama of born to die, but i feel like hundred dollar bill could if it had updated production


Vote For Surf Noir!

image2 image1 image0

- Most Active - Best Taste - Nicest Member  - Biggest Stan - Lipster Of The Year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

 

i feel like if anything, hundred dollar bill would've fit born to die, a lot of the outtakes are silly pop songs which don't fit the luxurious melodrama of born to die, but i feel like hundred dollar bill could if it had updated production

Yeah, I can see that too. But like you said, the production would've had to be changed a bit. Lyrically I think that it would've been a perfect fit (I wouldn't mind if it had taken the place of some other songs :blush2:)


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I'm honestly glad that none of the BTD outtakes made it onto the album. I can't image songs like Paris, You Can Be The Boss or even Serial Killer on the same album as songs like Off To The Races and the rest of the album for that matter. The only outtake I think could've fit in with the rest of the album is Paradise and even that's a stretch. I can see a final version of Hollywood's Dead fitting too, but I'd have to hear it to confirm that. 

 

While I'm at it, I'm glad that most of Lana's outtakes didn't make their respective albums. I think a lot of them would've thrown the flow of the album off unless they were entirely reworked. However, Your Girl should've been on Ultraviolence. 

i wholeheartedly agree. personally i don't see any other song in her discography (released OR unreleased) fitting onto BTD, which has a lot to do with the specificity of it's production style but also just lyrics and general themes. I see ppl saying French Restaurant should have been on BTD and I'm like girl it's a piano ballad did u even listen to BTD


small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, drugmunny said:

while im feeling honest- Beautiful is kind of an embarrassing moment for her. she is literally comparing herself to Picasso in a song that has some of the most painfully basic and uncreative lyrics of her career and could go on a home goods needlepoint pillow. I STILL LOVE THE SONG but only bc i love her and I see what she was tryign to do with it. if it were anyone else though...

s7alxns1r2x71.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

The mention of Picasso makes sense, because her album is about colors, especially the color blue. Picasso is famous for his "blue period," so she's not really comparing herself to him, but wants to show that sadness played an important role in his artistic life. Being sad and singing about it can produce something beautiful. Also, as one of the most important singer-songwriters of our time, I think she has the right to make this comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Picasso is famous for his "blue period"

 

im glad you said this, i must be silly bc i had no idea lmao! (despite studying art history at university level..... embarrassing :bebe:) i love Beautiful - its one of my faves on BB - but i literally thought she was just saying "there would be no blue full stop" hahah this makes so much more sense thank u for educating a silly gal like me :kiss2:


Wq9zHLl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Jack Antonoff is a musical genius, I like his work on NFR, COCC, Folklore and Daddy's Home.

 

I fell asleep when listening to Daddy's Home. 


I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...