Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Yeah, after having some weeks with Blue Banisters, I must say that it went down in my rankings and I certainly enjoy Chemtrails Over the Country Club more as an album. White Dress, the title track, Not All Who Wander... :angie:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On the subject of Swan Song, I honestly think it's one of the best songs Lana's ever made. I will never understand why it's so disliked 

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

On the subject of Swan Song, I honestly think it's one of the best songs Lana's ever made. I will never understand why it's so disliked 

well for a start , during the chorus all i can hear is ‘it’ll be our swanson’ so now i can’t listen to it without picturing ron swanson 

1876.gif

RVhKIwP.gif

3 minutes ago, May said:

well for a start , during the chorus all i can hear is ‘it’ll be our swanson’ so now i can’t listen to it without picturing ron swanson 

1876.gif

And that's on you :true:

Spoiler

Or maybe that was Lana's vision all along :brows:

imageproxy.jpg

On 11/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, drugmunny said:

I really need to hear the TLSP original demo. I adore the California we have, but I have a feeling we lost an alt-rock masterpiece to the minimalistic whims of Jack Antonoff. I imagine it sounded similar to the Thunder Demo. 

jack doesn't even have any credits on the song what 

sgopYhV.gif

i think lana can and will top NFR! someday (and yes some people believe she has and blablabla but i'm talking critical and GP reception, the general consensus atm is that it's her best album)

1 minute ago, keps2013 said:

Idk if this is unpopular but Valley Of The Dolls is one of her best unreleased songs, she put crack in that concept demo. :cryney2::oprah:

valley of the dolls, serene queen, & on & on & on are so amazing, it makes me want the 120+ lust for life era concept demos even more :cryney2:

WGe8ynS.gif

10 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Miles Kane deserves to be credited on Dealer. It's confusing that his name is not mentioned on the Youtube or Spotify version.

i think she just didn't want any feat.s on the album but i agree. i'm surprised he/his ppl didn't demand it? he's like the majority of the song lol. 

maybe she'll end up adding it later like N*kk* L*n* on Br**k*ng Up Sl*wly

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

14 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

The official website is a disaster. They still haven't managed to link the Blue Banisters video and the other two Arcadia videos.

The entire existence of Lana Del Rey village is a disaster. The site takes forever to load if your internet isn't extremely fast, it only shows post COCC stuff and as soon as you enter a room you have a button that takes you to the regular store. For the last part, isn't it better if there were multiple buttons and every one is for a different era. 

Also, printing a pic on a glass that has free space in certain areas can be damaged if you're using a dishwasher. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

17 hours ago, keps2013 said:

Idk if this is unpopular but Valley Of The Dolls is one of her best unreleased songs, she put crack in that concept demo. :cryney2::oprah:

I literally listen to it multiple times a day! It needs to be the LDR9 opener :brandy:

IMG-7960.jpg

10 minutes ago, Shades said:

the older i get the more i realize lana was never even a sad girl. she barely has any 'sad songs' :smokes:

That label always confused me because I read early interviews from 2011 and even EARLIER interviews from 2008/2009 and she even talks about how she writes about the way things used to be during happy times. It’s just thoughtful — and I think that speaks volumes about the status quo’s conflation of reflection and sadness. She was absolutely right when she identified how the world loves to project onto you to try and reconcile what they lack. 

can't get over how different chemtrails and BB production is.

but i def have a new appreciation for the cleanliness of chemtrails now, if it was a little boring at times. bb is not at all boring in production but occasionally to a fault. at times instead of being engaging for it's experimentally it's just like unlistenable tbh. i think the main perk of jack being her producer was that he pushed her to do multiple takes and made something legit professional. bb really does, in retrospect, sound like a demo album. incredible demos to be fair, but i'm disappointed in the lack of vocal continuity and production errors. i know she likes to do one-takes and i love her for being authentic but i don't think that commitment to authenticity necessarily needs to make the music suffer

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da