Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

16 hours ago, shady said:

What the hell is wrong with people attacking her for the fast fashion thing? Where is the same energy for Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion and other yaas queens literally partnering with those companies? I don't understand Lana not just deleting or ignoring those comments, that's what Gen Z kids are thought in elementary school lmao. 

Even if she wore fast fashion, it's pretty hard to run away from it, even rich people. Many small shops in my country import clothes from Turkey and God knows where and how those clothes were made. 

I think that people wanted to attack how ugly the outfit was, but that would be politically incorrect, so they attacked the only thing that they could complain about without losing their woke cards 

28 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

NFR is by far her greatest artistic achievement (from a critic's point of view), a real stroke of genius.

this has no business being in the unpopular opinions thread:bebe:

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Honeymoon deserved the same acclaim as NFR — but I get it, not everyone that is paid to “critique” has the insight to understand complex bodies of work. 
original.gif

yes and it blows my mind

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

The newer work is quite lackluster. I don't know but I think it is largely due to the speed with which material is being out; four albums in four years is a lot. An artist should sit down with their work, and sit on it for even longer. I happened to listen to the previews from the Blue Banisters track list recently. Every song seemed indistinguishable from the last to me. I'll happily listen to "Put Your Lips Together" or "Gramma" over "Arcadia" and "Dealer" any day. It's funny that a laptop demo has more grit, allure and is wholly a more transportive experience in melody and lyric than any studio production of hers in the last 3 years. Lana, get back to your roots, love! 

On 12/11/2021 at 2:26 PM, drugmunny said:

i'm dying at people still being shocked by her red carpet outfit like have you guys even been paying attention to her fashion sense over the years. it could and realistically should have been so much worse. no one ever loved lana for her fashion except maybe for like 10 mins in 2011-2012 where she was being styled insanely specifically. she's always been eclectic and wild which is why i was so shocked she pulled out a dress and heeled boots for this and was hyping her up sm, bc lana fashion standard is just not the same expectation level as other mainstream celebs lol. ppl need to calmm down

I’ll never forget her concert adidas skirt 

sgopYhV.gif

11 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Honeymoon deserved the same acclaim as NFR — but I get it, not everyone that is paid to “critique” has the insight to understand complex bodies of work. 
original.gif

If the critics were paid, then Lana had spent a lot of money in 2019:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2019/

;)

But I think there's also a kind of bias in the critic's world, so if one influential critic hypes something, everyone else likes it. Maybe she was just lucky to be on the right wave (or she missed the wave with other albums).

If only the lyrics to Blue Banisters were different...because the music itself is gorgeous. 

I don't like any of the lyrics to that song. Not the chickens running around, Nikki Lane popping in, Chucky making cake or Tex and Mex fucking around. :true:

13 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

original.gif

Sweet Christ she looks gorgeous in that gif. Was this the last time she looked glamourous and put together at a red carpet event? Yup, I think it is.

Not counting the mess that was the Met because that was a costume, plus creepy Jared by her side.  

Now we get this kind of mess with the titties peeking out saying hello. :thumb3:

lana-del-rey-variety-hitmakers.jpg

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

If only the lyrics to Blue Banisters were different...because the music itself is gorgeous. 

I don't like any of the lyrics to that song. Not the chickens running around, Nikki Lane popping in, Chucky making cake or Tex and Mex fucking around. :true:

The lyrics of the song are pretty ordinary, but I suspect that there is a certain intention behind it. Just as she presents herself in the video as an innocent country girl. Behind it is probably the desire for a simple, uncomplicated life, like many people have living in the city.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:52 PM, IanadeIrey said:

original.gif

Both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon deserve as much, if not more recognition from the industry than NFR.

this might not be unpopular but i really miss lana having a big fashion moment, like full glam, hair up to the gods, even if it's just for a magazine photoshoot. we had a good run with them in lfl era but it seems to me that everything nfr onwards killed glam lana (and many other aspects of her as well :true:). it makes me kinda sad that she's not into those fashion moments anymore bc she really pulled it off

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but I fully consider Honeymoon and Chemtrails to be sister albums

imageproxy.jpg

she should release standalone singles WAY more often. it would've made perfect sense for her to release per example Serial Killer as a single without it necessarily being from an album. 

Spoiler

although she sometimes just picks forgetable songs as singles (YNWA)

2 hours ago, Super Movie said:

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but I fully consider Honeymoon and Chemtrails to be sister albums

i hadn't thought about it bc imo chemtrails doesn't quite match honeymoon's mastery but thematically, they both exist outside of time and are ethereal + escapist, so it definitely makes sense! 

mUENGN9.png

I love that she's left mainstream social media and only posts to accounts like Honeymoon and uhauljoe, where the audience is smaller and not just passing fans. 

I think her "progressive" takes on issues like race are and feminism are naive and uniformed, and a part of me wants to believe this is the result of self-censorship in our society, but girl is most likely honest and just indoctrinated like the rest.